Become a Patron!

Glass stuck to top of tank.

jeffg

Member For 1 Year
I have a brand new vaporesso Revengerx and the glass is stuck to the top of the tank.The bottom came off without issue but the top won't budge.Ive tried working it back and forth while pulling but doesn't work.

Any tricks or tips?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't have this tank, but I've had stubborn ones. Have any latex gloves, like medical or household ones? That's one thing that has worked for me. Another trick I've used is to remove the top cap where you fill the tank, put the tips of needle nose pliers where the fill holes are, and hold the bottom part, while turning the top part in the opposite direction.

I know how frustrating this is, so good luck!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sit it in the freezer for a few minutes, then wiggle it off. Just be sure to wrap the glass in a paper towel or cloth when pulling.

jeffg

Member For 1 Year
Tried the freezer thing , no luck.This is straight out of the box and its is STUCK.Is it worth taking back or should I maybe try some juice in there and see if it will loosen.Or does it really matter.Will make cleaning harder I know that much.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If it was me I would just use it and worry about it when it comes time you have to. I just cleaned all my tanks since I stopped using along time ago and I had one I couldn't get glass off. I just put it in the ultrasonic cleaner let it run and put it back in box and put it away. I wasn't going to worry about it. However that is just me.

AngD

Member For 2 Years
Good you managed! I have another trick - I put the parts in warm water with a bit of Dawn, come back in a half hour and bam they’re clean and everything is fluid. After the bath, I swab the electrical points with alcohol to finish.

VU Sponsors