Become a Patron!

Giving juice weird names...

Nameitman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So heres my rant.. Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed by juices having weird names that majority of the time have no reference to the flavor? Guess it might not be that big of a deal but I hate having to read descriptions of juice just to figure out the flavor.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So heres my rant.. Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed by juices having weird names that majority of the time have no reference to the flavor? Guess it might not be that big of a deal but I hate having to read descriptions of juice just to figure out the flavor.
I wouldn't say it annoys me. But some of them are just weird like alien jizz LMAO

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Right there with ya, it's a big pet peeve of mine.

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't know if it tasted like Alien Jizz because I've never tried it b4, LOL

All kidding aside I'm with you on these effed up names!! That would be such a great idea to have the description under the name. Are you listening juice makers, it would be so easy to do!!

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I totally agree!! Their effort to be creative can ruin the shopping experience... especially on some sites.

I'll give them credit, some of the names are pretty inventive, but a brief flavor list would be helpful and would avoid having to bounce back and forth on their sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't know if it tasted like Alien Jizz because I've never tried it b4, LOL

All kidding aside I'm with you on these effed up names!! That would be such a great idea to have the description under the name. Are you listening juice makers, it would be so easy to do!!

You haven't lived until you've had alien jizz my friend.

I agree with the OP. Even worse is when they give it some idiotic name with no description on the bottle.

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
By Bomb Sauce...
IMG_3265.JPG

Can't remember what it's supposed to be. Haven't touched it in awhile. No description, just "Alien Piss".

I agree, it would be so much easier for the consumer if juice makers named the juice what it is. If it is vanilla custard call it vanilla custard, if it is Graham crackers and oatmeal call it Graham crackers and oatmeal. It gets so frustrating clicking on o picture of a juice called horse piss to find out the flavors are strawberry and rhubarb, why not just call it strawberry rhubarb and make the shopping experience easier on the consumer. That way the consumer will be able to no the flavor 3 or 4 weeks later when he picks the bottle up after not using it for a little while.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes.. not sure i could vape anything with jizz in its name lol but why not have the actual flavor on the bottle as well.. unless it actual taste like alien jizz in that case I have many more questions

I could handle "jizz" in the name more than "puke" or "poop", that's just gross, even if it's from a fucking unicorn! :facepalm:

This was a very popular topic over at Butthead Control-Freak Central a couple yrs ago, and the popular opinion was that most vapers WOULD prefer a name that's simply descriptive, not ridiculous or gross or pseudo-profound -- but some of the juice makers still persist in this idiocy, for whatever reason. Could be this is yet another excellent reason for the popularity of DIY. :) I still really have no idea what a "shisha" is, but it sure does make some excellent strawberry & cream ejuice. :)

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I could handle "jizz" in the name more than "puke" or "poop", that's just gross, even if it's from a fucking unicorn! :facepalm:

This was a very popular topic over at Butthead Control-Freak Central a couple yrs ago, and the popular opinion was that most vapers WOULD prefer a name that's simply descriptive, not ridiculous or gross or pseudo-profound -- but some of the juice makers still persist in this idiocy, for whatever reason. Could be this is yet another excellent reason for the popularity of DIY. :) I still really have no idea what a "shisha" is, but it sure does make some excellent strawberry & cream ejuice. :)

Andria

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shisha

Shisha or sheesha may refer to:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bothers me too.

It's mostly a symptom of a saturated market. Everyone and their brother got into the juice market so there would be 1 million "strawberry" juices on the market. These ambiguous names/titles attract people as something "different", especially younger vapers. Different = cool to them.

However, in a way, it's helpful. I mean, if a juice has 6 flavors in it, it's easier to say you're vaping "Unicorn Farts" rather than strawberry, banana, vanilla, lemon, chocolate, flounder.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shisha

Shisha or sheesha may refer to:

Yeah, I've heard and read the explanation, but it's still entirely outside my realm of experience or knowledge -- just some damn ay-rab thang. :D No clue why Inawera would name their best strawberry flavor for it, they're in Poland, not anyplace hot and sandy with camels, but whatever they call it, it's amazing. :)

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
[QUOTE="eSMOKA, post: 1727404, member: 16201"strawberry, banana, vanilla, lemon, chocolate, flounder.[/QUOTE]

I just threw up in my mouth a little. :blech:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, I've heard and read the explanation, but it's still entirely outside my realm of experience or knowledge -- just some damn ay-rab thang. :D No clue why Inawera would name their best strawberry flavor for it, they're in Poland, not anyplace hot and sandy with camels, but whatever they call it, it's amazing. :)

Andria

The Inawera website says they resemble shisha vaping, so I guess the kind of thing that would be used in hookahs. :bingo:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Inawera website says they resemble shisha vaping, so I guess the kind of thing that would be used in hookahs. :bingo:

The Inawera website is clearly right out of its mind; the description of shisha strawberry on BCF is the closest to actuality -- "sweet strawberries dipped in sugar" -- that's the flavor, nothing whatever to do with tobacco.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Inawera website is clearly right out of its mind; the description of shisha strawberry on BCF is the closest to actuality -- "sweet strawberries dipped in sugar" -- that's the flavor, nothing whatever to do with tobacco.

Andria

What's funny is they use the same description for all of their Shisha flavors: "These are natural flavours by Inawera made from food aromas. They resemble shisha vaping. Can be used for liquids in e-cigarettes." No description of the flavors themselves.

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_0421.JPG

This is me enjoying a hookah after a wonderful Moroccan meal. Desert was mint tea and baclava to accompany the hookah. The shisha was a nice mango.

This was my 1st. Found a place that sells them right after that and got one for myself.

Shisha is tobacco soaked in a flavored syrup. You can get it in many flavors.

They are quite wonderful to enjoy on occasion.

Kinda wish I had one still, but I gave it up.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's funny is they use the same description for all of their Shisha flavors: "These are natural flavours by Inawera made from food aromas. They resemble shisha vaping. Can be used for liquids in e-cigarettes." No description of the flavors themselves.

That's one reason I never buy from the Inawera website -- along with their high prices! I get mine from e-aromashop.com -- also Polish, but their prices can't be beat. But, if I want an accurate description of the flavor, I'd check BCF first, or ask around here.

Andria

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 81809

This is me enjoying a hookah after a wonderful Moroccan meal. Desert was mint tea and baclava to accompany the hookah. The shisha was a nice mango.

This was my 1st. Found a place that sells them right after that and got one for myself.

Shisha is tobacco soaked in a flavored syrup. You can get it in many flavors.

They are quite wonderful to enjoy on occasion.

Kinda wish I had one still, but I gave it up.

If I had that thing I may give up vaping

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTE="eSMOKA, post: 1727404, member: 16201"strawberry, banana, vanilla, lemon, chocolate, flounder.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. :blech:[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that, because I just bought a juice called Vomit Mouth.
No description as the the flavors used...of course.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is it chunky? :D

It's so chunky it comes in a soup can.

n4CcBNY.png

Spectre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got one called The Fuzz...meant to be winegums...I don't taste that but it is nice and fruity...need to try one that's called Demon Ceman...we have some weirdos down here in ol' Kiwiland.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If they're gonna give weird names to a juice, at least put the flavor profile right under the name on the website so I don't have to click on the product to see what it's supposed to taste like, and then click back to see the rest of their offerings.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many names are ridiculous and stupid (just my opinion). Half the time I think instead of concerning themselves with creating and putting out a really good juice they just mix some garbage as an excuse to give it a funky name. I'm sure companies think they're being 'fun' and I'm sure I'm in the minority but I still refuse to utter the words 'moons over my hammy' to a waiter/waitress. Thanks to a ridiculously dumb name there's at least one meal I'll never order.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm new to vaping and the naming thing is a PIA. In my case I had lost all of my since of taste back in Dec of 08. I have part of it back. Sometime I guess around 75%, but I'm begining to think it is less than that. Whatever I'm vaping needs to be some some good stuff with distinct flavors because subtle is something I can rarely differentiate. E juice has been a real pain in the ass to try and figure out. Who makes good juice and what are just crap brands to void. Currently we have several bottles destined for the trash can, and only a few we like. I get tired of spending time online looking through countless flavors with bullshit names trying to figure out what the fuck the flavor is supposed to be. It doesn't help when some dumbass reviewer writes how wonderful the bullshit dumbassed name juice is.

What I've started doing is looking at bands that someone shopping at WalMart wouldn't pay for and reading reviews on those manufactures. Then I weed out those trying to produce every flavor under the sun, keeping it to those that produce 12 or less quality flavors where you can tell the reviewers were actually objective and their IQ is higher than a grapefruit's.

At this point we have a couple of Ragna-Rok, Cyclops, Fixx E, MET4, flavors that are good. I'm also looking at trying a couple of Gallery Vapes flavors. I kind of look at it this way, with what I was spending on cigarettes and dip I can buy higher end e juice and still come out spending a lot less than I was. I still wish the companies like Ragna would just use their name on the lable with hey maybe what the flavor is like Banana Cream Pie instead of naming it after a Norse god and calling it Odin. Come on guys get real. Leave the stupid names for those who don't really give a crap about the flavor. Then you can call it whatever you want like Godzilla's Farts, London Fog, Cloud 9, Nuclear Fallout and nobody will give a shit.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know exactly what you're talking about. Like Beard juice. Wtf is with them? "Lets put the same label on everything and 63 different numbers on each one."
AnmL makes ones called Grizzly, Beaver, and Wolf Pack..jeez.
I'm not big on fine print so I'll pass. I'm sure there are tons of really good stuff I'll never try but oh well. You'll never catch me saying how good something like unicorn puke tastes.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It is a marketing ploy. Honestly when you make a flavor yourself you don't want to call it "Fruit Dragon shagging Smurfette" you just call it fruit with berries. But when you enter a marketplace with thousands of names, you want to stick out a bit so people remember the name of your juice. People can remember names easier than flavor profiles, so they come up with crazy names.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They're all making the same stuff....strawberries with cream. One recipe, 2 thousand names.

What a bunch of maroons!

hollynorth

Member For 4 Years
I love Sweet flavor (Strawberry Falls). I use it with adding some vanilla or cream or some extra sweetener. That's why I called it Sweetheart Falls ;):inlove:

VU Sponsors