Become a Patron!

Genesis style atomizer builds ?

Demon_Vap3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a few genesis style atomizers and I just can't seem to have any success with them. First hit after prime it after build is ok . But second hit is yuck. I've been building them cool with 1.2 to 1.7 ohms . And with several cotton builds and one mesh. I'm not choking the cotton by using to much as I use just enough so it glides with ease through feed hole I'm not rolling or compressing the cotton to dense either. And giving the cotton time to soak up over night even. I have plenty success with dripper decks and even outstanding success with my Rose V2 and Aqua .Both are chimney style atomizer not what I'd consider a Genesis rba.

My list of Genesis atty I have and tried ...
Kraken
Caravela
Smok RSST

any suggestions would be so appreciated as it be nice to have a mech setup for on the road as a dripper isnt practical while driving ;-)

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 of the Gennies you have SS Cable with SS Mesh on top where coil is wound wicks very well for me. 2.5 mil Cable in the RSST. With the Kraken I use Very Well Oxidized Tightly rolled #400 or #500 SS Mesh. I build in the same OHM Range as you.

Demon_Vap3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Roger. Ya I use no lower then 0.9 in my chimney style atomizer either I find 1.2 is perfect flavor and vapor ratio.

Ok so in the RSST you use 2.5 mm SS cable with a 400 to 500 SS mesh wrap from deck on up over the cable with the coil wrapped over it correct?

And the Kraken you use just straight 400 or 500 SS mesh roll ? And you say very well oxidized on the mesh... I know to torch it . But you saying very well oxidized ,do you have a further step or process ? Or you just torching the heck out of it ? Or water quenching it when glowing red?

Do you have a favorite source for mesh and cable ?

The caravela is very similar to the kraken. I'll take photos of it and post here when I get home .

Attachments

• Caravela-clone-rba.jpg
    Caravela-clone-rba.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Roger. Ya I use no lower then 0.9 in my chimney style atomizer either I find 1.2 is perfect flavor and vapor ratio.

Ok so in the RSST you use 2.5 mm SS cable with a 400 to 500 SS mesh wrap from deck on up over the cable with the coil wrapped over it correct?

And the Kraken you use just straight 400 or 500 SS mesh roll ? And you say very well oxidized on the mesh... I know to torch it . But you saying very well oxidized ,do you have a further step or process ? Or you just torching the heck out of it ? Or water quenching it when glowing red?

Do you have a favorite source for mesh and cable ?

The caravela is very similar to the kraken. I'll take photos of it and post here when I get home .

Yes On the RSST Method and Yes on the Kraken. after I torch the SS Mesh and roll it I put a few drops of juice on the SS Wick and lite it with a lighter,let burn 5-10 secs blow out repeat until all the E Liquid burns off. Then repeat the whole process. Saw this on a YouTube Tutorial and its suppose to help with getting the coil to glow evenly. When I say a tight roll I mean a hole down the center of the SS Wick the diameter of a paperclip. Hope that helps. My Kraken Clone out preforms either of my RSST's a Dual Wick and a Single Wick. I use a single wick in the Kraken and leave the other wick hole open for air.

I shopped around for Mesh until I found a online Vender that had a 12"x12" sheet for a decent price But its been quite a while and do not remember Venders Same with the SS Cabe Checked until I found a Vender selling 12" lenght s of Cable I bought 3 . 2-3 ft of Cable lasts a long time as Cable wicks last for months just replace the Mesh on top as needed-when recoiling. It takes a Heavy Duty Wire cutter to cut SS Cable Mine is a Dewalt about 7-8 inches long I got at a Local Farm Supply store But I have seen the same 1 on Amazon for about $15

Demon_Vap3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh I have plenty of B.F.F.I. (Brute Force Fkn Ignorance ) tools as we call it in the pipeline business so I'll have no problem cutting the wire lol. Thanks for the info. Just need to find a reliable source for cable and mesh.

As galvanized metal when torch cutting it puts off the equivalent of a cyanide vapor gas. So just want a reputable source :eek:

Demon_Vap3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have two kraken's and they are built the same. dual 1ohm micro coil and two 1/16" SS cable for wick. as long as I tilt when vaping it's pretty much the same hit everytime.

Eric , mind if I ask how many wraps on what gauge kanthal per coil wick ?

VU Sponsors