Geekvape Zeus? (Single Coil)

Discussion in 'General Rebuildable Discussion (RTA/RBA/RDA)' started by Matty Vapes, May 16, 2018.

1. Matty Vapes

Matty Vapes Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I know it's been out for awhile but options are limited here in Canada. I own a SMM Serpent and love it. Do you think I would like the Zeus coming from the serpent? I like single coil. Ease of use. Hard to leak, etc Simple and effective is all I'm looking for. I'm not a flavor snob nor do I need huge clouds. Just a decent combination of both. I guess my question is do you still like yours? Was it a disappointment? Do you love it? Need real world opinions not youtube reviews. Although based on YT reviews I'm pretty sure it's a good buy. What do you think?

KingPin! likes this.
  2. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    CEB38DA3-DB80-4AF7-95D4-B4173FFF5CF4.jpeg I still enjoying mine, but it’s definitely a lot airier than the SMM Serpent, so I use it half way closed. It’s great for out & about cos it won’t leak. The flavor is on par with the Serpent imho but make sure you mount the top of the coil below the notches on the airflow wall. As pictured above (from Geekvape site).

3. St.Roostifer

St.Roostifer Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Love mine and surprisingly like it more than my Engine nanos. A 3mm coil with 6 wraps set high on the deck with thin tails on the wicks works perfect for me.

4. jr779

jr779 Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I'm also Canadian! I have the zeus, engine nano and crius 2 single coil. Like you, I have been an SMM user for some time. For flavor and clouds, I find the Crius 2 is the best out of the 3 with the nano a close second for flavor. I'm still getting used to the Zeus and think I've found a build and wick that works well but it's not as good as the Crius 2 IMO.I order everything from Fasttech.

5. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I personally find it to be “ok” Matty depends what you are after really

Airflow and draw is fantastic (silky smooth)

I’d describe it right where you want it ...happy balance of cloud and flavour, doesn’t really excel in one or the other really, gets the job done though

It can be a pain in the ass to wick, building is ok just need to wrap coils in particular way and bend the legs before mounting

I like the matte finish on the black tank I bought a lot and general quality wasn’t too bad at all

6. Matty Vapes

Matty Vapes Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Well I put the Zeus in the cart. Won't be able to check out till the end of the month tho. I think I'll like it. I'm grabbing the black one :) Grabbing a cpl medium alien coils too (6 wraps 3 mm). That will be a first for me. I'll watch a cpl tutorials on wicking before hand..and report back in a few weeks. Thanks for your input :)

7. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I have a Themis which is similar and think its awesome. You can do single or dual coil and they make a seperate mesh version. Wicking it is a cinch, and no leaking or dry hits.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  8. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
  9. DP2Raja

DP2Raja Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    The new Dual version Zeus is much better in flavor and ease of setting up coils and wick.

KingPin! and Heartsdelight like this.
  10. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I really enjoy the Themis as well great top airflow atty ...the new Zeus dual coil is so close to the Themis that they might as well be clones of each other. The Zeus has different side airflow ports, and that’s about all from what I can see.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Heartsdelight and Just Frank like this.
  11. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Heartsdelight and Matty Vapes like this.