Become a Patron!

GeekVape Medusa Reborn RDTA Review and comparison to the original Medusa

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off I won this in a contest, thank you to @Heaven Gifts for the prize.

What's in the box
0qpaGZo.jpg

It comes with most of the stuff you generally get, extra orings, screws, multi driver tool and a '510 drip tip adapter. I thought it was cool that it actually included a squonk pin as well.

Fit and finish

RqhUzn2.jpg

tXQNNs9.jpg

rOvQyzy.jpg

uCl9Ezw.jpg

The tank is very well designed and the fit and finish is gorgeous, there was just one problem which I will get to later on which is a con.

I am a big fan of domed top caps, helps for better flavor and the Medusa Reborn has just that. I was also impressed with the catch cup as I have not had even the slightest bit of a leak. The build deck is great as well, love that they all screw down from the top so your wide parallel claptons or aliens don't get that velocity twist from side screws.

When I first saw that the screws are slot screws I was initially disappointed until I began to unscrew them. This has to be the deepest slot screws I have seen, you would really have to be trying to mess these up. Geekvape uses some of the best screws in the business and these are no exception, first slot screws I have actually liked!

V2ExSbZ.jpg

The Build

I went with SS316L Triple Core Fused Claptons since with this build deck was calling for a nice and wide build.

Eco2Hjr.jpg

With the wicking I thinned out the tails and cut them at a V on both sides. The reason being I wanted it to be thicker at the point were the catch cup meets up with the deck but not so thick down below that is took space away from storing more juice.

8sIbSMY.jpg

The wicking method worked really well as I was able to squeeze nearly 4ml into the juice well. The wicks were also long enough to just reach the bottom of the well so I never had to do the genny tilt like you do with so many RDTA's.

BrpcZhi.jpg

How is it to use on a daily basis and how is the flavor and vapor?

I have been using the Medusa Reborn for 4 days and have filled it up 2 or 3 times a day. Flavor is on point, it is basically an RDA with a juice reservoir and as we all know you can really build for flavor in an RDA and this delivers. Cloud production delivers but I feel this is more of a flavor tank, it would need a little more airflow to really chuck clouds competition wise but I can cloud up a room easily.

I probably own 60 or 70 RTA, RDA and Sub Ohm tanks and can't say the flavor is lacking compared to any of them. I was actually thinking of writing this review after the first day, I was that impressed with it's performance. I figured I would go a couple more days though to see if any problems occured.

Glad I did wait as the first day it was really hard to remove the top cap and this is the only way to fill the reservoir. I figured with a little time it would loosen up but it didn't on the second day. That is when I decided to remove 1 of the the bottom oring to see if that would help but nope. I then removed both of the bottom oring and that is when I discovered the catch cup was too tight on the build deck, even with the 2 oring removed it was really hard to remove. I had thought about removing the deck and sanding around it but then that would remove the gold plating. I decided to use a dremel with a sandpaper attachment to clean off the inside of the catch cup and with the snagging I got initially I figured that was some burs in there which were catching on the deck. Once that was done it has been a breeze to remove the top cap.

I do want to point out that the box I received said "Free Sample" on it and from watching enough reviews it seems these are what are sent out to reviewers prior to the final production to weed out problems. It could have been just mine with that problem though but it should be noted as it was very difficult to remove.

Comparison to the Original Medusa

I have had the OG Medusa since it came out and have really enjoyed it, my only con was the top cap which I always used a 510 drip tip on so my mouth wasn't on top of the tank basically.

Ciqukxt.jpg

CE1A2Iy.jpg

ap55Wzl.jpg

I put the same build and juice into both tanks to give an honest comparison. Flavor wise I would give a slight edge to the Reborn and the only reason I can think that would be the case is the wider bore with the 810 drip tip opening compared to the originals 510 when using a drip tip. It is not a huge difference, they both have excellent flavor but I enjoyed the Reborn more.

Cloud production is about the same, they both have the same airflow so that should be expected.

Ease of filling I would still give the edge to the original and I wish they brought the locking system over to the Reborn. Even after fixing the catch cup problem on the Reborn the original has always been one of the easiest tanks to refill as getting the top cap off is a breeze. On the original you don't have to look for the lock/unlock symbols to line up as well, I just turn mine with some upward pressure until it comes off and do the same to put it back on.

Pretty much everything else I like better with the Reborn though, they did a great job on this one. Here is were it gets better:

• Build deck: The Reborn deck makes wide builds so much easier to install and no twisting as they all screw down vertically.

• Capacity: I was able to get 1ml more into the Reborn over the Original Medusa, verified with a syringe.

• Looks: I guess this would be subjective but I like the cleaner look of the Reborn and the engraving seems a touch nicer.

• Top Cap: That was my biggest con with the Original, the Reborn is much nicer and slightly domed

• 810 drip tip compatible: With the original you could use the top cap but for me it was always better and more comfortable with a drip tip attached to it. Problem was it had to be a 510 drip tip so it closed off your airflow even more. With the Reborn I can use any of my Goon/Kennedy or TFV8/12 810 drip tip on it and that is a HUGE plus for me. A wider bore is less restrictive on airflow and has contributed to a little better flavor. Besides all the cool drip tips are coming out in the new 810 format so you have a great selection.

Conclusion

What I really like about the Medusa Reborn is I can get the RDA experience without having to stop and drip all time. On the second day I was even confident enough with how long the juice would last and not leak that I took it in the car with me, I never take RDA's on the road...Don't drip and drive people...haha.

I have to admit I was planning on buying one anyway, lucky for me I won one from @Heaven Gifts . The main reason I wanted one was how happy I was with the Original Medusa and Geek Vape delivered with a definite improvement. The tight catch cup was my only real con and I am pretty sure either mine was one that got some extra burs which is the exception, not the norm.

I really want to thank @Heaven Gifts for all there generosity with the contests and for the Medusa Reborn which I will enjoy for a long time. I might wind up buying the Blue Medusa Reborn from them on my next order, that one looks real nice.

Here is were you can get it, it is not an affiliate link so I am not making anything off of it and I am not obligated to do this review or provide a link. I am just been impressed with Heaven Gifts every time I have had the pleasure of dealing with them:

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Medusa-Reborn-RDTA.html

Here is some pics to make you drool, sweet looking tank!

vUsZM1p.jpg

bfsaFx3.jpg

2Pf6DQ7.jpg

V6CXLw6.jpg

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First off I won this in a contest, thank you to @Heaven Gifts for the prize.

What's in the box
0qpaGZo.jpg

It comes with most of the stuff you generally get, extra orings, screws, multi driver tool and a '510 drip tip adapter. I thought it was cool that it actually included a squonk pin as well.

Fit and finish

RqhUzn2.jpg

tXQNNs9.jpg

rOvQyzy.jpg

uCl9Ezw.jpg

The tank is very well designed and the fit and finish is gorgeous, there was just one problem which I will get to later on which is a con.

I am a big fan of domed top caps, helps for better flavor and the Medusa Reborn has just that. I was also impressed with the catch cup as I have not had even the slightest bit of a leak. The build deck is great as well, love that they all screw down from the top so your wide parallel claptons or aliens don't get that velocity twist from side screws.

When I first saw that the screws are slot screws I was initially disappointed until I began to unscrew them. This has to be the deepest slot screws I have seen, you would really have to be trying to mess these up. Geekvape uses some of the best screws in the business and these are no exception, first slot screws I have actually liked!

V2ExSbZ.jpg

The Build

I went with SS316L Triple Core Fused Claptons since with this build deck was calling for a nice and wide build.

Eco2Hjr.jpg

With the wicking I thinned out the tails and cut them at a V on both sides. The reason being I wanted it to be thicker at the point were the catch cup meets up with the deck but not so thick down below that is took space away from storing more juice.

8sIbSMY.jpg

The wicking method worked really well as I was able to squeeze nearly 4ml into the juice well. The wicks were also long enough to just reach the bottom of the well so I never had to do the genny tilt like you do with so many RDTA's.

BrpcZhi.jpg

How is it to use on a daily basis and how is the flavor and vapor?

I have been using the Medusa Reborn for 4 days and have filled it up 2 or 3 times a day. Flavor is on point, it is basically an RDA with a juice reservoir and as we all know you can really build for flavor in an RDA and this delivers. Cloud production delivers but I feel this is more of a flavor tank, it would need a little more airflow to really chuck clouds competition wise but I can cloud up a room easily.

I probably own 60 or 70 RTA, RDA and Sub Ohm tanks and can't say the flavor is lacking compared to any of them. I was actually thinking of writing this review after the first day, I was that impressed with it's performance. I figured I would go a couple more days though to see if any problems occured.

Glad I did wait as the first day it was really hard to remove the top cap and this is the only way to fill the reservoir. I figured with a little time it would loosen up but it didn't on the second day. That is when I decided to remove 1 of the the bottom oring to see if that would help but nope. I then removed both of the bottom oring and that is when I discovered the catch cup was too tight on the build deck, even with the 2 oring removed it was really hard to remove. I had thought about removing the deck and sanding around it but then that would remove the gold plating. I decided to use a dremel with a sandpaper attachment to clean off the inside of the catch cup and with the snagging I got initially I figured that was some burs in there which were catching on the deck. Once that was done it has been a breeze to remove the top cap.

I do want to point out that the box I received said "Free Sample" on it and from watching enough reviews it seems these are what are sent out to reviewers prior to the final production to weed out problems. It could have been just mine with that problem though but it should be noted as it was very difficult to remove.

Comparison to the Original Medusa

I have had the OG Medusa since it came out and have really enjoyed it, my only con was the top cap which I always used a 510 drip tip on so my mouth wasn't on top of the tank basically.

Ciqukxt.jpg

CE1A2Iy.jpg

ap55Wzl.jpg

I put the same build and juice into both tanks to give an honest comparison. Flavor wise I would give a slight edge to the Reborn and the only reason I can think that would be the case is the wider bore with the 810 drip tip opening compared to the originals 510 when using a drip tip. It is not a huge difference, they both have excellent flavor but I enjoyed the Reborn more.

Cloud production is about the same, they both have the same airflow so that should be expected.

Ease of filling I would still give the edge to the original and I wish they brought the locking system over to the Reborn. Even after fixing the catch cup problem on the Reborn the original has always been one of the easiest tanks to refill as getting the top cap off is a breeze. On the original you don't have to look for the lock/unlock symbols to line up as well, I just turn mine with some upward pressure until it comes off and do the same to put it back on.

Pretty much everything else I like better with the Reborn though, they did a great job on this one. Here is were it gets better:

• Build deck: The Reborn deck makes wide builds so much easier to install and no twisting as they all screw down vertically.

• Capacity: I was able to get 1ml more into the Reborn over the Original Medusa, verified with a syringe.

• Looks: I guess this would be subjective but I like the cleaner look of the Reborn and the engraving seems a touch nicer.

• Top Cap: That was my biggest con with the Original, the Reborn is much nicer and slightly domed

• 810 drip tip compatible: With the original you could use the top cap but for me it was always better and more comfortable with a drip tip attached to it. Problem was it had to be a 510 drip tip so it closed off your airflow even more. With the Reborn I can use any of my Goon/Kennedy or TFV8/12 810 drip tip on it and that is a HUGE plus for me. A wider bore is less restrictive on airflow and has contributed to a little better flavor. Besides all the cool drip tips are coming out in the new 810 format so you have a great selection.

Conclusion

What I really like about the Medusa Reborn is I can get the RDA experience without having to stop and drip all time. On the second day I was even confident enough with how long the juice would last and not leak that I took it in the car with me, I never take RDA's on the road...Don't drip and drive people...haha.

I have to admit I was planning on buying one anyway, lucky for me I won one from @Heaven Gifts . The main reason I wanted one was how happy I was with the Original Medusa and Geek Vape delivered with a definite improvement. The tight catch cup was my only real con and I am pretty sure either mine was one that got some extra burs which is the exception, not the norm.

I really want to thank @Heaven Gifts for all there generosity with the contests and for the Medusa Reborn which I will enjoy for a long time. I might wind up buying the Blue Medusa Reborn from them on my next order, that one looks real nice.

Here is were you can get it, it is not an affiliate link so I am not making anything off of it and I am not obligated to do this review or provide a link. I am just been impressed with Heaven Gifts every time I have had the pleasure of dealing with them:

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Medusa-Reborn-RDTA.html

Here is some pics to make you drool, sweet looking tank!

vUsZM1p.jpg

bfsaFx3.jpg

2Pf6DQ7.jpg

V6CXLw6.jpg
Great review bro. You're getting really good at this. Very comprehensive. Love the Reborn on the Tesla. That atty needs to live on that mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review bro. You're getting really good at this. Very comprehensive. Love the Reborn on the Tesla. That atty needs to live on that mod.

Yeah, that tesla combo is sexy for sure. I was hoping to get the blue but after having it for a week I am happy I got the silver, it goes with everything!

Can't wait to hear what you think about it, always look forward to your reviews.

Thanks for the compliment bro, I really appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, that tesla combo is sexy for sure. I was hoping to get the blue but after having it for a week I am happy I got the silver, it goes with everything!

Can't wait to hear what you think about it, always look forward to your reviews.

Thanks for the compliment bro, I really appreciate it.

I don't know man. You just gave me a really tough act to follow. Hope you do some more reviews because I enjoyed this one.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know man. You just gave me a really tough act to follow. Hope you do some more reviews because I enjoyed this one.

Are you trying to enable me to do more reviews like you enabled all those hardware purchases......haha

This review was fun since I really enjoyed using the tank. These reviews require a lot of time and work though so I have a ton of respect for the work you put into your reviews and how thorough you are. Not sure I could keep up with your pace but will definitely do more reviews in the future. Thanks again brotha!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review Matey dammit I'm enabled! I wasn't a fan of the original but it looks like they fixed everything I disliked about it! Guess I'll be getting one after all lol agree that tesla combo looks sick so that'll be what I get to go with it lmfao

Forgot about the zenith man I want that mod as well!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Are you trying to enable me to do more reviews like you enabled all those hardware purchases......haha

This review was fun since I really enjoyed using the tank. These reviews require a lot of time and work though so I have a ton of respect for the work you put into your reviews and how thorough you are. Not sure I could keep up with your pace but will definitely do more reviews in the future. Thanks again brotha!
Lol, it's true most peeps don't realize how long it actually takes to do a complete thorough review. I got it down to a science now. The more you do the better you get at it, like anything in life. Thx for the kind words.

#EnabledReviewer

Lmao!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review Matey dammit I'm enabled! I wasn't a fan of the original but it looks like they fixed everything I disliked about it! Guess I'll be getting one after all lol agree that tesla combo looks sick so that'll be what I get to go with it lmfao

Forgot about the zenith man I want that mod as well!

The Zenith is legit, glad @SirRichardRear convinced me to get one and for $30 it is a steal.

I haven't heard anyone else complain on the catch cup getting stuck on the deck like mine has so I am hoping it was just my bad luck. That was my main gripe with it but luckily I had the tools to fix it.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The Zenith is legit, glad @SirRichardRear convinced me to get one and for $30 it is a steal.

I haven't heard anyone else complain on the catch cup getting stuck on the deck like mine has so I am hoping it was just my bad luck. That was my main gripe with it but luckily I had the tools to fix it.
excellent mod!
healthcabin.net has them for 22 bucks plus 10% of with code VU10off
free shipping at 30 bucks. they sent me a cubiod tap kit to review i'm working on

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
excellent mod!
healthcabin.net has them for 22 bucks plus 10% of with code VU10off
free shipping at 30 bucks. they sent me a cubiod tap kit to review i'm working on

White one does look the nuts it'll either be that or purple I would go for

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
White one does look the nuts it'll either be that or purple I would go for
I like it but probably would have went purple or orange in hindsight

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like it but probably would have went purple or orange in hindsight

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Any problems with paint chipping on the white? Really considering getting a 2nd zenith but can't decide between the orange, purple and now white since I saw yours again.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Any problems with paint chipping on the white? Really considering getting a 2nd zenith but can't decide between the orange, purple and now white since I saw yours again.

No paint issues here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors