AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
New RDTA from geekvape
geekvape-medusa-rdta-fill-system-two-ways.jpg

Product Introduction

Medusa is one of the best creations by GeekVape. It is a new generation RDTA with a simplified inner structure, making assemble and refill extremely simple. This elegant RDTA looks simple and compact, but holds an impressive juice capacity of 3ml.

Parameters
Drip tip height: 10mm
Height of tank: 38mm
Diameter: 25mm
Capacity of tank: 3ml

geekvape-medusa-rdta-short-shaft-increase-flavor.jpg

Looks like another interesting atty from geekvape. I'm a fan of their products for sure I know @MidwestExpress ordered his already so he might want to chime in here.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Medusa-RDTA-SS.html
24.99 so right in line with normal geekvape pricing. Good quality products at a good price as usual.

Review is up

Last edited:

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the look of it. Unfortunately - and I like Geekvape products A LOT so don't get me wrong - I think they stopped short or having a winner, here.

1. There's nothing new with the deck... this velocity-style deck can be had in just about any size tank at this point in time.

2. The capacity is kinda piddly. 3 ml isn't much more than a deep-welled RDA can hold.

3. It's vape to taste as there's no way of checking to see how much eLiquid is left in the reservoir.

I feel like the closest analogue to this tank is the Pharoah. That tank has a very innovative deck. Comparing it to another 25 mm velocity-decked RDTA... well, the obvious choice, here, is the Limitless Plus or Combo/Classic. Those tanks have a great deal more capacity, and glass to check level.

That said, I'll likely end up owning one at some point because it's gorgeous!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I love the look of it. Unfortunately - and I like Geekvape products A LOT so don't get me wrong - I think they stopped short or having a winner, here.

1. There's nothing new with the deck... this velocity-style deck can be had in just about any size tank at this point in time.

2. The capacity is kinda piddly. 3 ml isn't much more than a deep-welled RDA can hold.

3. It's vape to taste as there's no way of checking to see how much eLiquid is left in the reservoir.

I feel like the closest analogue to this tank is the Pharoah. That tank has a very innovative deck. Comparing it to another 25 mm velocity-decked RDTA... well, the obvious choice, here, is the Limitless Plus or Combo/Classic. Those tanks have a great deal more capacity, and glass to check level.

I agree with a lot of what you said for sure. but I'd be damned if it isn't a sexy atty. But yeah much like the pharaoh it's more of a RDA with a deep well then a RDTA. but there are tons of mini RTAs that hold 2-3MLs out there so there is a market for it for sure. I've been uding the EXO rta in 2ml mode and single coil on my slice for like a week now and loving it. It's great to pick up when i have to run to the store real quick or something

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it's more an RDA then the Pharaoh is since dripping into the Pharaoh will most likely cause half the juice to flow through the airholes, while there is nothing preventing you from dripping into this one.
I still consider the Pharaoh to be an RDA (and this one too).

Based on how I know people and Geekvape, a lot of people will buy it because it's called an RDTA and enjoy it, that would otherwise stay clear of it if was called an RDA.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I chose to pick it up because of the look and build quality based on all my other GV products. I figured this to be a nice setup while gaming or sitting at the home office working. Not one I plan on taking in the road for sure.

That and I got it shipped for $13... soooo why not! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice! let me know your impressions ;)
Initial thoughts...

1. It's not an RDTA. It's an RDA with a ginormous juice well under a raised deck... it's kinda like the love child of a Pharaoh and a Tsunami...

2. Built in ultem chuff looks cool, but is too short. Fortunately, it is 510 compat.

3. Deck is big and easy to build and wick.

4. Air is pretty good. It's split direct to coil.

5. Ain't running this in single coil...

6. It is VERY nice looking

7. Flavor is good thanks to a domed top

8. Top cap clips on and rotates to lock, but is not indexed when locked... the top cap spins when air is adjusted if not held

9. The package I got was a prerelease sample... the packaging has a cutout for a second chuff... maybe bigger?

So far, I'm liking it...

LizClark0910

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I agree with a lot of what you said for sure. but I'd be damned if it isn't a sexy atty. But yeah much like the pharaoh it's more of a RDA with a deep well then a RDTA. but there are tons of mini RTAs that hold 2-3MLs out there so there is a market for it for sure. I've been uding the EXO rta in 2ml mode and single coil on my slice for like a week now and loving it. It's great to pick up when i have to run to the store real quick or something
Looks sharp af!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took advantage of the FT "deals" code today and ordered one for $16.xx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in agreement with @shawn.hoefer that there really isn't anything here, just a rehash.

Me, I'm waiting on the Merlin RDTA to be released which a little bird told me soon. Been using the Sample I got an I'm really digging it, digging it a lot. I'm wondering if the minor changes they were going to make made it to the production model.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Kind of looks like a shittier Pharaoh in my opinion, except this would be a better dripper than the Pharaoh because the Pharaoh has that stupid ass unthreading top cap instead of a press fit o-ring seal. Unless this has that too, then disregard what I just said.

But yeah, these new 'dripper tanks' are basically just RDA's with fancy juice wells. I think they need to die out, because it makes zero sense. The only 'dripper tank' I've used that was a true RDTA, was the first 'dripper tank' and that was the literal Dripper Tank by Haze.

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I'm looking at it for an RDA. And for that it looks good. Don't get the whole RDTA thing. The last thing I got that I did a preorder on because people said how great it was going to be was the Merlin. And it's in the drawer never to be used again. This looks like a good duel coil RDA with a nice deep well.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'm looking at it for an RDA. And for that it looks good. Don't get the whole RDTA thing. The last thing I got that I did a preorder on because people said how great it was going to be was the Merlin. And it's in the drawer never to be used again. This looks like a good duel coil RDA with a nice deep well.
That nice deep well is hard to drip into without treating it like an RDTA (remove top and fill). As an RDA, it's fine... good, even... but it's easy to over drip...

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Been using mine for a couple of days now and I really like it. Flavor is fantastic and didn't require much fiddling with builds and wicking to get it there. I also look at longevity out of habit after the FDA got me paranoid, so the simplicity and lack of press fitting and tiny fragile parts is a big plus for me.

Filling can be annoying, as the act of accessing the juice well tends to screw with the wick tails. If you're out and about you want to be careful not to disturb them too much if you don't have something small enough with you to readjust them so that they stay in the channels when you put it back together. Fortunately if you have a problem you can always just use it as a regular RDA.

It has great performance, it's cheap, versatile, and the cons are tolerable. Anything that can be said of is a winner in my book.

Nice review Mr. Dickbutt. :D

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Been using mine for a couple of days now and I really like it. Flavor is fantastic and didn't require much fiddling with builds and wicking to get it there. I also look at longevity out of habit after the FDA got me paranoid, so the simplicity and lack of press fitting and tiny fragile parts is a big plus for me.

Filling can be annoying, as the act of accessing the juice well tends to screw with the wick tails. If you're out and about you want to be careful not to disturb them too much if you don't have something small enough with you to readjust them so that they stay in the channels when you put it back together. Fortunately if you have a problem you can always just use it as a regular RDA.

It has great performance, it's cheap, versatile, and the cons are tolerable. Anything that can be said of is a winner in my book.

Nice review Mr. Dickbutt. :D
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors