Become a Patron!

Geekvape: Blitzen

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I won one of these from 3FVape and just got it in the mail yesterday. I haven't done anything with it yet but I'll give it a quick wash and do a build and try it out tonight and let you know. It is a quality piece with smooth threads. Looks to me to be GeekVape's version of an Aromamizer Supreme V2.

02da.jpg

02dab.jpg

02dac.jpg

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So I popped a couple of simple coils in - 24 gauge SS430, 3mm ID with 8 wraps each which came out to 0.18 ohms (a bit low for me but what the hell). I'm not a high wattage vaper so I'm using them at 30W (I prefer a cool vape).

This tank is just like an Aromamizer Supreme V2 but slightly less sophisticated (no juice flow control). But, it does come with a postless deck and for the Aromamizer that is an optional deck you can buy so that is a plus. This tank also comes with 3 drip tips and 3 pieces of glass (only one of which is the bubble glass that allows for 5ml). 3FVape is selling it for $26.99 right now which is also a plus. It vapes just like the Aromamizer so I would say it's a good buy at that price. I think I may pick up another one, in blue :D

Of course the first thing I did is get rid of that huge 810 DT that came installed on it and put one of my 510 DT's on. I guess there are lots of people who like those things but I for one don't. Different strokes for different folks I guess. :rolleyes:

So, if you're a fan of the Aromamizer Supreme V2 then this tank will be a winner. It's well made and comes with lots of extras (the postless deck, extra glass, DT's and extra o-rings). It'll blast through juice like crazy so if you don't DIY your own e-juice you might want to think about using a single coil.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was really excited about this thing when I first saw it. A great postless build deck with properly aligned wick channels, and that wonderfully smooth honeycomb style airflow in a sub-30mm tank. The Supreme V2 is close to this, but the postless deck available for it is the old style one developed for the original Supreme, with misaligned wick channels, rather than the great one that came with the Plus. Anyway, I was pretty excited until I watched some reviews. It seems that Geekvape wanted to simplify this style of tank, maybe to have less parts to lose, maybe because they just like it this way, who knows, but they did it and it sucks,

To that end, the entire bottom end is press fit together. The deck is press fit to the base, and the AFC ring is trapped between two pieces press fit together. This may be an opinion that's not shared by many, but I don't like press fit parts. They tend to loosen/fail over time, which can lead to leaking, they prevent you from accessing and changing O-rings contained within, and sometimes they're loose and/or defective right from the factory. The fact that the AFC ring isn't removable means that you obviously can't clean under it, and juice WILL work its way in there and get on your fingers when you adjust it, and just generally be a nuisance.

Also, the fact that the top section(where the top cap screws into) is totally flat will create another annoyingly messy problem. When you screw the cap down, juice is going to be squeezed out by the flat top cap pressing down onto the flat top section of the tank. Even if you are extremely careful and every drop of juice goes perfectly in the hole, once you close it and open it again there will be juice there waiting to squeeze out when you tighten it back down. This means you either have to wipe down the top section of the tank, and the underside of the top cap every time you fill, or wipe juice from around the top cap when you screw it down.

Between the non-removable AFC ring collecting and seeping juice, and the flat top section/top cap squeezing it out every time you fill, you have an annoyingly messy tank. Probably pretty flavorful, definitely easy to build and wick, but you won't be able to keep the juice on the INSIDE, and that'll likely only get worse as the press fitting loosens and/or the inaccessible O-rings within the press fit parts wear out.

Sorry to rant. I don't know why Geekvape's thoughtless, bumbling, ignorant job on this tank irked me so bad, but it did. I feel much better now though!

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I was really excited about this thing when I first saw it. A great postless build deck with properly aligned wick channels, and that wonderfully smooth honeycomb style airflow in a sub-30mm tank. The Supreme V2 is close to this, but the postless deck available for it is the old style one developed for the original Supreme, with misaligned wick channels, rather than the great one that came with the Plus. Anyway, I was pretty excited until I watched some reviews. It seems that Geekvape wanted to simplify this style of tank, maybe to have less parts to lose, maybe because they just like it this way, who knows, but they did it and it sucks,

To that end, the entire bottom end is press fit together. The deck is press fit to the base, and the AFC ring is trapped between two pieces press fit together. This may be an opinion that's not shared by many, but I don't like press fit parts. They tend to loosen/fail over time, which can lead to leaking, they prevent you from accessing and changing O-rings contained within, and sometimes they're loose and/or defective right from the factory. The fact that the AFC ring isn't removable means that you obviously can't clean under it, and juice WILL work its way in there and get on your fingers when you adjust it, and just generally be a nuisance.

Also, the fact that the top section(where the top cap screws into) is totally flat will create another annoyingly messy problem. When you screw the cap down, juice is going to be squeezed out by the flat top cap pressing down onto the flat top section of the tank. Even if you are extremely careful and every drop of juice goes perfectly in the hole, once you close it and open it again there will be juice there waiting to squeeze out when you tighten it back down. This means you either have to wipe down the top section of the tank, and the underside of the top cap every time you fill, or wipe juice from around the top cap when you screw it down.

Between the non-removable AFC ring collecting and seeping juice, and the flat top section/top cap squeezing it out every time you fill, you have an annoyingly messy tank. Probably pretty flavorful, definitely easy to build and wick, but you won't be able to keep the juice on the INSIDE, and that'll likely only get worse as the press fitting loosens and/or the inaccessible O-rings within the press fit parts wear out.

Sorry to rant. I don't know why Geekvape's thoughtless, bumbling, ignorant job on this tank irked me so bad, but it did. I feel much better now though!

Meh.... what do you want for $26.99?

:p

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess the price dropped.. well at least at 3f.. saw it at Xmas around 38..

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm guessing a lot of people would gamble 99 cents on a tank.

I've been using mine almost 24 hours now and I can honestly say I would buy another one at $26.99 but I think I would be hard pressed to pay much more. Fasttech still has them for around $38 which is too much in my opinion.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m thinking this or the advken dominator... already got a serpent smm and Vaporesso NRG subohm..serpent is good but a bit harsher ; not as smooth as the NRG..

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The boreas is very similar to the aromamizer plus but not postless. Very good quality and was available for 20

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wondered how those two would compare to each other. I was interested in the V2 but it wasn't too popular with the crowd here and I trust their opinion. I dunno if I can consider this tank though. It reminds me of Stewie from Family Guy, big head that looks like it could tilt over at anytime lol

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wondered how those two would compare to each other. I was interested in the V2 but it wasn't too popular with the crowd here and I trust their opinion. I dunno if I can consider this tank though. It reminds me of Stewie from Family Guy, big head that looks like it could tilt over at anytime lol
The boreas and the v2 are really 2 different tanks. People are confused on why it was called boreas v2 as it's so different.
There is a thread about the original boreas.
The boreas post

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm guessing a lot of people would gamble 99 cents on a tank.
Looks like it was a marketing thing.. it’s back in stock but the code doesn’t work.. pretty disappointed. Guess they only had a certain amount for the weekend lure.. oh well..

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The boreas and the v2 are really 2 different tanks. People are confused on why it was called boreas v2 as it's so different.
There is a thread about the original boreas.
The boreas post

I was taking about comparing the V2 to the Blitzen; since both tanks basically have the same layout, were released around the same time, and are both fairly affordable.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Looks like it was a marketing thing.. it’s back in stock but the code doesn’t work.. pretty disappointed. Guess they only had a certain amount for the weekend lure.. oh well..

The crooks at VaporDNA do that all the time.

VU Sponsors