Become a Patron!

GeekVape Ammit Dual Coil RTA, Postless Deck!

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GeekVape is releasing a Dual Coil Ammit RTA. It looks pretty cool, it's a 25mm tank and has a similar airflow to the original Ammit, but with a postless deck and interchangeable 3ml and 6ml tanks. I liked the single coil Ammit and the dual coil version looks pretty nice as well, especially the deck. I don't know when the release date is but, I just saw it for pre-order at https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Ammit-RTA-Dual-Coil-Version-SS.html

Here are some specs and pics
Drip Tip Height: 7 mm
Drip Tip diameter: 15mm
Height: 40.9 mm (thread and drip tip excluded)
Outside Diameter: 27 mm
Base Diameter: 25mm
Capacity: 3ml/6ml
Deck Size: 20mm

AMMIT-dual-coil-rta-version-parameter.jpg
AMMIT-dual-coil-rta-exploded-view-details.jpg
AMMIT-dual-coil-and-single-coil-options.jpg
AMMIT-dual-coil-rta-deck-details.jpg

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally starting to see some reviews for this tank. The airflow and deck look pretty nice, also like that it will fit Goon style DTs

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Kylie RTa from vandy vapes is the exact same thing. So take a look at that as another options. The kylin version has krnuling Buttt I heard GeekVape is coming out with a piece for the top cap for the final retail so the top filling won't be completely open like on the review.

Something to think about.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like this tank allot. I only vape on dual coil RTA's daily. It is nice to see a quality on come to market

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I read that they're adding another piece between the glass and top cap due to it being universally recognized as a con, so I'm sure that'll cause a delay. Hopefully not too much longer though, this is the first RTA I've gotten really excited about in a long while.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Roadtrip635 , what is a goon style DT? I feel like I am falling behind with the acronyms lately lol!

I like Geekvapes products, the ones I own are fantastic, and the Griffin is one of my most used RTA's in the collection. I also like the design.

What are the benefits of a postless style deck? I have seen them before, but don't actually own anything postless in my collection.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Roadtrip635 , what is a goon style DT? I feel like I am falling behind with the acronyms lately lol!

I like Geekvapes products, the ones I own are fantastic, and the Griffin is one of my most used RTA's in the collection. I also like the design.

What are the benefits of a postless style deck? I have seen them before, but don't actually own anything postless in my collection.
I don't know of any specifics but my bachelor tank is postless. So long as the legs of the coil aren't too wide/fat to fit in the hole they work well. It's as easy as dropping the coil into place and tightening the screws from the side. Like everything else there are pros and cons, one of the pros being no having to deal with coil legs in the way or bending/snipping them to get them close to the posts.

Or in the case of the original ammit, no chance of shorting against the chimney if it's extremely close to the posts. None of the area in the chamber is taken up by posts, the coil can extend pretty much across the entire width of the deck. In a dual coil setup the posts generally sit in the middle and by the time you factor in the gap between the posts and coil and the gap between the coil and chamber walls or rda cap (deck circumference) the coils reside in roughly 1/3 of the deck. ( Coil - post - coil ) with the parenthesis being the edge of the deck.

For manufacturers it may be a plus since it uses less material (no posts). Cons, not all coils will fit depending on the size of the holes. If the postless holes are too small then complex coils with several cores and wraps and staples and such may not fit.

Postless may have been a good choice with the dual coil ammit since the bottom airflow holes take up x amount of space beneath the coils and the 3d airflow takes up some of the deck space on either end. If trying to use traditional posts either they would have had to make the deck a lot larger for relatively normal sized coils or leave it as is and reduce the options to small 1.5-2mm micro coils. By going postless a couple of decent sized coils can fit in the room left between the 3d airflow vents on either side leaving the remaining area wide open and dropping the coil connections below deck with minimal space requirements.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

A Goon style DT is a larger diameter drip tip found on the Goon RDA. The size is becoming more popular and finding more attys using the same size. It's nice for people that like wider bore drip tips and a lot of third party manufacturers that make custom DTs

@Synphul post explains the benefits of postless decks very well!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Synphul , thank you for your explanation on postless decks, that seems to make a lot of sense and they were not things that occurred to me.

@Roadtrip635 , aha! DT is drip tip. I really should of known that the amount of time I have been vaping and on here lol! I have seen the Goon drip tips are becoming popular for sure. I tend to use thinner drip tips over bigger chuff caps most of the time, what do you prefer about the larger style drip tips?

I do use them on some of my RDA's with more power hungry builds, but I find better flavour with my usual vaping style with a thinner tip.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine last week. Nice tank, but it has the VCMT syndrome. It constantly leaves a juice ring on my mod. Kinda annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine last week. Nice tank, but it has the VCMT syndrome. It constantly leaves a juice ring on my mod. Kinda annoying.

Nice, what build are you running in it, and how are you finding it?

Annoying about the ring of juice though, I find that to happen with a lot of my RDA's. I just make sure I always have some tissues with me for those times.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, what build are you running in it, and how are you finding it?

Annoying about the ring of juice though, I find that to happen with a lot of my RDA's. I just make sure I always have some tissues with me for those times.

IIRC, I have 24/32ga kanthal clapton, 3mm ID, .35ohm, wicked with rayon. It vapes very nice. Smooth wide open airflow, wicks great, topcap is smooth, and JFC has great resistance.

I think the leaking might because I have the coils close to the airflow. I'm going to rebuild it with the coils a little higher.

VU Sponsors