Become a Patron!

Geekvape- Aegis Legend/L200 and Z Sub-Ohm Tanks

rain6460

Member For 4 Years
Hello Everyone,
I'm having a problem lately with my current setup, (L200 mod with Z tank), and was wondering if anyone knows why this keeps happening. Basically I keep getting the, "Old or New Coil" message on the display when I hit the fire button. You then have to hit the + or - wattage button to confirm a new or old coil. Hitting the proper button sometimes fixes the problem and the mod will fire normally, but then it will happen again a few puffs later. Sometimes I can go several hours with no issues, then for no apparent reason it will start again.

I've tried narrowing down the cause by changing different variables. I took the tank apart, removed a nearly new coil, and thoroughly cleaned and flushed it with warm soapy water. I then put that same newer coil into a brand new Z tank and went to work with it. I also put a brand new coil into the older tank I just cleaned out, and brought it along as well. At different points in the day both tanks started giving me the old or new coil confirmation message. So I finally put one of these tanks onto my older Aegis Legend mod that I keep as a spare, and it's firing but I'm still getting the coil message intermittently! The only other variable I can think of is my batteries. I switch off between two pairs of Lithicore 18650's that are only about a year old. The only thing I haven't tried yet is possibly cleaning the terminals inside the mods with a little alcohol and a q-tip? But both mods having that same problem seems unlikely...I'm Stumped!
Thanks for your time.
Jeff

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hello Everyone,
I'm having a problem lately with my current setup, (L200 mod with Z tank), and was wondering if anyone knows why this keeps happening. Basically I keep getting the, "Old or New Coil" message on the display when I hit the fire button. You then have to hit the + or - wattage button to confirm a new or old coil. Hitting the proper button sometimes fixes the problem and the mod will fire normally, but then it will happen again a few puffs later. Sometimes I can go several hours with no issues, then for no apparent reason it will start again.

I've tried narrowing down the cause by changing different variables. I took the tank apart, removed a nearly new coil, and thoroughly cleaned and flushed it with warm soapy water. I then put that same newer coil into a brand new Z tank and went to work with it. I also put a brand new coil into the older tank I just cleaned out, and brought it along as well. At different points in the day both tanks started giving me the old or new coil confirmation message. So I finally put one of these tanks onto my older Aegis Legend mod that I keep as a spare, and it's firing but I'm still getting the coil message intermittently! The only other variable I can think of is my batteries. I switch off between two pairs of Lithicore 18650's that are only about a year old. The only thing I haven't tried yet is possibly cleaning the terminals inside the mods with a little alcohol and a q-tip? But both mods having that same problem seems unlikely...I'm Stumped!
Thanks for your time.
Jeff

If its happening with 2 different tanks with different coils (not just 2 different z tanks), its something going on with the mod.

How did u clean it? Iso (preferably 91%) on a qtip down into the 510 and make sure the threads and bottom of the tanks are all nice and shiny too? (Not sure how much that second part matters but what the hey)

Edit-qith me it usually means i need to clean the tank or rebuild my coil. Its not unheard of for whole packs of stock coils to be bad. Just a heads up

Also, make sure the coil is as clean and dry on the outside as best u can after priming

Last edited:

rain6460

Member For 4 Years
Thank you for that input. You may have hit on something with the coils. I do use pre-built stock coils and this has been only a recent problem involving coils from the same box. The one tank I took apart, thoroughly cleaned and put in a new coil...the other tank was brand new and I put the coil in from the other tank that was almost new. Then used both tanks on a completely different Aegis 200 mod and got the same results. So maybe these coils are in fact a little iffy. Thanks again :)

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
N/p..i googled a bit and found a cpl others with this prob. After it has been sitting in standby mode it re-asks u that.

One other thing u can try is locking the resistance. The manual says u can, i just didnt look how to, so try that too if it keeps doing it

VU Sponsors