Become a Patron!

Geekvap Aegis Battery Lifetime

Hello to everyone! I have a question to geekvape aegis users or people who can help me with batteries.
I have this mod and I try all kind of batteries like LG,SONNY, AWT 26650 and non of them was good. Problem is when battery is 80 or 70 percent it will not pire higher then 59w. Is that normal for one battery mod?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some mods yes.... could try building higher ohm might put out a few more watts......
Sometimes the less the mod has to regulated the power from battery to atty the more power it can put out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A few of us have an Aegis. I haven't had any problems with mine. Where are your batteries from? Are you getting them from a reputable source?

Yep, I am getting the same thing with my Aegis. Get down to about 80% on newish proven cells and it starts to fall off. A couple of reviewers noticed the same. Tried Golisi 26650, Samsung 30Q & LG HG2s. I've just started charging when I get there but the overall life doesn't seem great - but then its my only single battery mod so.... cant really compare.

Single .22 clapton SS316 in one tank.
Dual .2 aliens SS316 in another and get the same thing on both.

I've also noticed a fairly large difference in overall battery life between different RTA's with similar builds but might be one of the tanks as I am also getting pulsey TC on one tank and not the other.

From vids etc I've watched seems like there may be some silicon / Firmware issues still so hoping it can be updated further than it has already. It was pointed out by a friend that GV might not have a lot of experience with regulated mods/software... I don't know their history but don't know of another non mech.... so fingers crossed as I love the feel of the mod in my hand but keep going back to my Drag as the chip/software is just so good / hassle free.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
These are the batteries I'm using and I haven't had any problems with weird power drainage or not being able to use my Aegis at higher wattages. I have two of them that I switch out as needed.

20170920_093914.jpg

Dimitar

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

I just got the Aegis and it drains the cells like crazy. I still havent tried it with 26650, but with an year old Sony VTC 6 it lasts around 140 puffs, around 10 ml of liquid.

I vape with Ammit 25, Single spaced clapton at 60W.

Do you think that there is a problem with the mod?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello to everyone! I have a question to geekvape aegis users or people who can help me with batteries.
I have this mod and I try all kind of batteries like LG,SONNY, AWT 26650 and non of them was good. Problem is when battery is 80 or 70 percent it will not pire higher then 59w. Is that normal for one battery mod?
It is a common problem moreso with single battery 26650 mods than with 18650 mods due to the tendency of 26650's to have more voltage drop under load.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are the batteries I'm using and I haven't had any problems with weird power drainage or not being able to use my Aegis at higher wattages. I have two of them that I switch out as needed.

View attachment 91986
Per Mooch that is one of the better 26650's. It is actually a 30 amp cell though. Which is very good for a 26650.

Dimitar

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only 26650 i can get are from our local B&M and are these Efests:

20170519113817_826.jpg

Dimitar

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I sold the Aegis. The mod is not suitable for my vape style. I need and prefer two battery mods.

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't think I could use a one battery mod anymore. I didn't for over 2 years. But the Aegis has everything I was looking for except it was just a single battery. So I bought one anyway to give it a shot. And to be frank, it sucks with 18650 25r batteries. Those batteries are only good up to about 70 watts anyway. And battery life was pretty short in the Aegis. So it was pretty much what I expected from a single cell mod.

I only had one mod that can use a 26650 battery years ago and I only ran 18650 batteries anyway. So I have tons of 18650 batteries, but no 26650s. Went shopping and looked at Mooch recommendations. And Mooch recommends Aspire, iJoy, Golisi, or Vapcell. Found an eBay seller that claims they buy Aspire batteries from Aspire directly. And this seller test the batteries to make sure they are up to specs. And Aspire pulse specs are 10s on and 5 seconds off at 40A for their Aspire 26650 4300mah. So for vaping, we are talking about 3.7v*40A which equals of delivering up to 148 watts max. Which is more than enough to power the Aegis.

So I bought some and the Aspire battery has no problems delivering whatever the Aegis wants. And the battery last about 70-80% longer than my Samsung 25Rs. So it isn't quite as long lasting as two 18650s, but it comes pretty close. I was so happy with this, I bought two more Aegis mods. :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything above 40 watts gives crappy battery life, I have a couple 26650 mods and use my lower wattage attys on it but I'm not a cloud chaser so this mod is fine for me. I must say though that I use a berserker on mine not an RTA that needs 50 plus watts to run properly!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My experience with the 26650’s has lead me to be skeptical of all these new 27-whatever batteries.

VU Sponsors