Become a Patron!

Geek vape coils vs DIY

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Hello all,

First I want to say that I love to build coils. The problem is that I dont always have time, my hands are shaking and the wires in Italy are kind of expensive (8€ for 30feet 32 K1). Also my fingers are trashed, I cant even unlock my iPhone with my fingerprint after few meters of clapton coil.

I recently discovered Geekvape coils. For example 15 feet clapton coil costs 10€.

Is it good quality? Is it the same as DIY?

I found SS Stagered fused clapton for 8 bucks at Fasttech. I guess they make it with a machine so the quality is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quality is generally bad on mass-produced coils. Mainly due to the fact that the wrap wire is way too heavy of a gauge. This results in slow ramp times and shortened battery life, plus fewer juice grooves. Also multi-core mass-produced wire (such as fused claptons) usually is twisted rather than flat. Which even compounds the slow ramp and battery life problems.

Probably better to find someone locally who makes coils if at all possible. Or get a daedalus tool. Makes claptons and fused claptons automatic.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all,

First I want to say that I love to build coils. The problem is that I dont always have time, my hands are shaking and the wires in Italy are kind of expensive (8€ for 30feet 32 K1). Also my fingers are trashed, I cant even unlock my iPhone with my fingerprint after few meters of clapton coil.

I recently discovered Geekvape coils. For example 15 feet clapton coil costs 10€.

Is it good quality? Is it the same as DIY?

I found SS Stagered fused clapton for 8 bucks at Fasttech. I guess they make it with a machine so the quality is good.

If you are worried about your fingers getting beat up, learn to clapton from the spool with swivels, make 4' at a time and all you do is hold the spool, same goes for fused claptons.

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
180f8f5d13ae2202633bdc2ae47cf283.jpg

This is ss316l Staggered fused clapton 26/32 from Geek Vape. Works fine on TC. There are few imperfections but far less when doing it by hand.

Its way cheaper than buying separate wires.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well if your building ss 316l check out advancedvapesupply.com
you can buy spool sof clapton wire fused clapton etc and then you just have to wrap it. I know the ship internationally but no clue on cost. I use their premade spools with no issue and feel it is high quality wire

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well if your building ss 316l check out advancedvapesupply.com
you can buy spool sof clapton wire fused clapton etc and then you just have to wrap it. I know the ship internationally but no clue on cost. I use their premade spools with no issue and feel it is high quality wire

Their stuff looks to be much better made than geek vape. Good find.

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
?????

For the price of 2 sets, you can buy enough wire to make 50-100 sets.

5 meter Staggered Fused clapton from Geekvape is 8-9-10 euros in my country.

SS wires are around 4-5 € each for 15 meter (30feet).

In order to make 5 meters of Staggered Fused Claton, I will need 1 spool of 26 and 3 spools of 32 AWG Stainless Steel.

This is the price in my country, fasttech is cheaper but I cant wait 1 month.

Thanks for the link.:)

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5 meter Staggered Fused clapton from Geekvape is 8-9-10 euros in my country.

SS wires are around 4-5 € each for 15 meter (30feet).

In order to make 5 meters of Staggered Fused Claton, I will need 1 spool of 26 and 3 spools of 32 AWG Stainless Steel.

This is the price in my country, fasttech is cheaper but I cant wait 1 month.

Thanks for the link.:)

Ouch, that stinks not to have affordable wire available.

In the USA can get a set of staggered fused geekvape coils for $5.

Also in USA, Can get 250ft 26g ss316L for $10
1000ft 36g ss316L for $22

Takes about 8ft of 36g and 16 inches 26g to make a set of staggered fused.

So it costs about $0.06 for the 26g and $0.17 for the 36g ($0.23 total) to make a set here.

VU Sponsors