Become a Patron!

Gah! Uninformed!

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if this goes here...but I gotta vent...Two different construction companies I have worked for have asked me point blank if I have cannabis in my tank! Yes I get it...We are in colorado where it is legal ...but damn! Really? You think I would do that at work? for one point and two that shit is expensive and three I have heard from people here that it is a MAJOR tank cracker! Who really wants to put it in their everyday vape mod? *side note* no I don't smoke the stuff...

I have taken the chance when they have asked to explain vaping and how much it has helped but I don't know how to keep them from asking questions...

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I get the same thing from just about everyone that asks me about it… And I am no where near Colorado.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
doesnt it just grind your gears?

GargoyleK1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes… I guess I just consider the source of the question. Most times its just someone trying to be funny and failing. Other times its just pure ignorance.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make a preprinted page called 'remedial vaping- even grandma's do it' include info from some advocacy sites and carry a few copies to hand to them.

Or just tell them to go piss up a rope.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that cannabis is legal where do the shops buy it from? Does it have to be grown in the state?

And does it matter if they ask if you're on drugs? lol People on drugs think everyone's on drugs :confused:

VapingHippie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually I make a hash oil ejuice for my roommate. But he is HIV positive and it is for medical purposes.

And no it don't crack tanks.
And yes it is illegal in my state
I'm in Texas.

Sent from the scariest place on earth, my mind.
using Tapatalk 2

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Eventually, it will be legal throughout the US. Anyone see Obama's visit to Colorado? Some dude asked if he "wanted to hit this".
As far as the OP, are they you're employer or co-workers? Are urine tests not required? I don't view m*rijuana use as "bad". That said, there's a time and a place. And that place, is not work, regardless of field. No one, half intelligent anyway, would drink alcohol at work would they?! I'd take it as an opportunity to inform the ignorant.
Have you ever seen the prices of c*caine?! M*rijuana is by far not the most expensive option.
I do not smoke m*rijuana nor c*caine or any other street drug, I just haven't been closed off from the world..
As stated, not a tank cracker, clogs some coils for sure though.
Side note, personally I think we're past the government getting it vaping confused with m*rijuana use. We have to contend with e liquid with names like cap'n crunch now. That's going to affect us far more than any association with marijuana

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I definitely get that once in a while. Moreso when i first started and people weren't used to seeing vaporizers everywhere.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
I have a guy at work that thinks its hilarious to say "OOOOOOH man look at Jay smoking his d**bie at work again." Then proceeds to laugh this awful gut laugh as if he just told heard the best joke on the planet. Annoys the heck out of me even typing about it! Same as you, I don't ever touch the stuff which makes it even more aggravating.

Reactions: Ace

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I couldn't even tell tell you how many times people have asked me if I was vaping xxxx oil or xxx.
There has been the few occasions when I began to explain that it was only nicotine and they totally lose interest in my vape.
One guy started to ask me "is that what I think it is?" and I cut him short and said no it's nicotine. He then wanted to know were the local mxrijuana retail store was.
I work at gas station and have a hundred fucking out of staters a week asking where to buy xxx. I tell em it's Colorado, you'll find it on every corner or every back yard garden you fucking duck!
Just kidding. I tell em where the closest shop is lol.
Had a lady tell me today that one of the things on her and her friends bucket list was to by wxxd legally. She was super excited to be in Colorado and wanted to know where to find it. I sent her on a 45 mile trip to some town where I have no idea if they have a retail shop or not. Kinda felt bad, but hey, she was on vacation right? Might as well see the mountains while you're here.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
"Yes, I'm smoking weed while I'm at work/in public, you fucking moron. Do you have a head injury or are you really that stupid? Just wondering."

That'd be my reply. Then again I'm a cranky bitch when dealing with stupids.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you lived in calif. You'd be a cranky bitch all the time then.
"Yes, I'm smoking weed while I'm at work/in public, you fucking moron. Do you have a head injury or are you really that stupid? Just wondering."

That'd be my reply. Then again I'm a cranky bitch when dealing with stupids.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you lived in calif. You'd be a cranky bitch all the time then.

My job is dealing with stupid customers all day, I'm plenty cranky enough. If I lived in Cali I'd kill myself. :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, if you are a creative sort, make a custom label for a 30ml bottle of E-Liquid that says something like this.

Content.

50/50 PG/VG.
8 Mg of nicotine.

Natural and Kosher Flavor.

"Talking to an Asshole"

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, if you are a creative sort, make a custom label for a 30ml bottle of E-Liquid that says something like this.

Content.

50/50 PG/VG.
8 Mg of nicotine.

Natural and Kosher Flavor.

"Talking to an Asshole"
I make Charlie Brown labels for my own personal bottles : )

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is bosses and co-workers. Most are smokers. I mean they do have people that drink on the job (and people yes these guys are building apartments for living in!) and I love the idea of the label for the juice...but I don't usually have my juice bottles on me...just my mod. I was thinking of getting a sticker to put on my tank lol...

Yes it does matter if we are drunk/high on the job...there is a lot of machinery and stuff all around...Construction can be very dangerous.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I couldn't even tell tell you how many times people have asked me if I was vaping xxxx oil or bxd.
There has been the few occasions when I began to explain that it was only nicotine and they totally lose interest in my vape.
One guy started to ask me "is that what I think it is?" and I cut him short and said no it's nicotine. He then wanted to know were the local mxrijuana retail store was.
I work at gas station and have a hundred fucking out of staters a week asking where to buy xxd. I tell em it's Colorado, you'll find it on every corner or every back yard garden you fucking duck!
Just kidding. I tell em where the closest shop is lol.
Had a lady tell me today that one of the things on her and her friends bucket list was to by wxxd legally. She was super excited to be in Colorado and wanted to know where to find it. I sent her on a 45 mile trip to some town where I have no idea if they have a retail shop or not. Kinda felt bad, but hey, she was on vacation right? Might as well see the mountains while you're here.

Sadly you can pretty much find them on every street corner....

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is bosses and co-workers. Most are smokers. I mean they do have people that drink on the job (and people yes these guys are building apartments for living in!) and I love the idea of the label for the juice...but I don't usually have my juice bottles on me...just my mod. I was thinking of getting a sticker to put on my tank lol...

Yes it does matter if we are drunk/high on the job...there is a lot of machinery and stuff all around...Construction can be very dangerous.
I buy stickers from the bargain shop. I've got a box of them lol. They brighten up the bottles. Plus I buy blank white stickers to write the name of the juice on as well. Why don't you buy a Ucan to keep on your keyring

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vape at my desk at work...ONLY because I drilled into everyones head and showed them buckets of the information I found online...plus they like the smell of it (I like the fruity vapes and they say it smells like one of those scent wax things)

I for one wish the government would get out of the business of BANNING shit...tired of it...because all banning something does is make it a "black market" item and increase crime and victims...hell if you research it, cannabis/hemp was banned by a douchenozzle successfully lobbying the government to ban it because it was threatening his MONEY...regulate/tax...that is the job of the government...not be a damn nanny for every dingleberry out there that can't figure out what freedom is all about

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape at my desk at work...ONLY because I drilled into everyones head and showed them buckets of the information I found online...plus they like the smell of it (I like the fruity vapes and they say it smells like one of those scent wax things)

I for one wish the government would get out of the business of BANNING shit...tired of it...because all banning something does is make it a "black market" item and increase crime and victims...hell if you research it, cannabis/hemp was banned by a douchenozzle successfully lobbying the government to ban it because it was threatening his MONEY...regulate/tax...that is the job of the government...not be a damn nanny for every dingleberry out there that can't figure out what freedom is all about
Yeah I totally get that. When I began vaping I was amazed at the nice fruity smells. I was like 'wow, the curtains don't smell anymore'. And non smoking friends started letting me vape round theirs.

RaevynB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I buy stickers from the bargain shop. I've got a box of them lol. They brighten up the bottles. Plus I buy blank white stickers to write the name of the juice on as well. Why don't you buy a Ucan to keep on your keyring
Ucan? and wha? sorry 13 hour days are catching up to me!

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

VU Sponsors