Become a Patron!

Gah, help! V2 Pro Series 3 & Eleaf IStick 30w w/ Nautilis Mini

What's up guys, here's my quick preamble... so I'm relatively new to vaping, I was a pack a day smoker for 22 years. Tried ecigs (vuse) then moved on to the V2 Pro 3 Series 3. Used that for about a week or so now I'm using the Eleaf Istick 30 watt with an Aspire Nautilus mini tank. /preamble

From what I noticed, the nautilus is not giving anywhere near as much flavor as the v2 using the same juice.. I tried matching the voltage of the v2 on my eleaf but very little difference. I also tried using a new coil but even that didn't help much. From the research I've been doing I see there are conflicting answers to my questions so now I feel lost. The v2 coil is approx 2.9ohms, the Nautilus is 1.8ohms.. could that be the answer? My original hypothesis is the v2 uses 1 coil vs 2 coils in the mini and/or different wicking material. I've even tried different air flows to no avail. Any other suggestions? I currently operate my Eleaf at 4.2v/9.2w using the second smallest air flow.

SomeTexan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 10.5 watts on my Nautilus on the largest air flow and get good flavor.

I am OP's wife and we both bought the same set up. I have suggested minimal airflow and higher wattage for more flavor which seems to work for me. He gets better flavor with the V2. I keep my eleaf between 12 and 17w.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I generally run my nauti's around 8-12watts on the 1.8ohm coil. However, some juices do require lower wattage to get the best flavor out of them.

If your juice is high enough in VG it should be able to hold up under the higher heat. On the other side of that... if your juice is TOO high in VG it may not be wicking properly. Also, I use the 2nd largest air hole.

No two tanks are going to produce the exact same flavor. I've used many devices but a V2 is not one of them. Only suggestion I can make is if you want more flavor out of that particular juice, turn the wattage down.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
A dual coil produces more vapor, thus more flavor. The power setting for a 2.9 Ohm coil should be lower than for a 1.8 Ohm coil. The airflow control can help a little bit. Lesser airflow produces denser vapor. Therefore more flavor.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you should do some experimenting to find out what the tank can handle and how it performs at different power levels. Start low then keep turning the watts up until it's obvious you've gone too far then back it down to the setting you liked best. Only you can determine what works best for you. Others guessing is a waste of time. Experiment and find your own sweet spot. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies guys! After doing a lot of my own experimenting I found that using the eLeaf at 15.5 watts gave me amazing flavor and enough vapor that I was comfortable with. Since then I have switched to the Kanger Sub mini starter kit and I now build my own coils, the flavor difference is truly amazing, like night and day.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors