Become a Patron!

G2 caRnY4 anyone?

I've been trying to crack this one for a while but can never get the caramel right. All of them seem too light and candy like to match it that I've tried. I still need to try FW Salted Caramel and FA Caramel. Does anyone have experience with them or recognize the caramel flavoring used by G2?
Many thanks in advance.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
To me, it is classic RY4 with caramel popcorn. This would explain G2's description "Carnival treats". I vape the hell out of this stuff....and I normally LOATHE tobacco styled juices.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got a lot of maple from carny4. But the Carmel popcorn certainly sounds within the realm of possibility. Do you think kettle corn might fit the bill, or which popcorn do you think might do so? Making flavor order next week, so ill add and mix! I do get some ta in it also, but have serious doubts about how close one can get using RY4D.Think maxx blend or a hangsen product would be closer.

I guess I should post some of my findings...
I've used TFA Kettle Corn, and even at .5% it overwhelms the mix and drifts away from the caRnY4 taste. I often dilute caRnY4 with a mix of 12% TFA RY4 Double and 1% acetyl pyrazine down to around 1/10th normal concentration to make it last longer. The flavor doesn't change, only the intensity which tells me those are the main ingredients (or FA RY4 which is very similar IMO). Adding Maple and Vanillas to blends also made them drift away instead of closer.

The closest I have gotten is by adding TFA Caramel Original to a mix of:
10% TFA RY4 Double
1% Acetyl Pyrazine
1% Trimethyl Pyrazine
1% Tetramethyl Pyrazine
Everything tasted right except the caramel after a couple weeks steep. Adding TFA Graham Cracker Clear in equal amounts to the Caramel Original seemed to get closer but still not right. I believe the mix of pyrazines is what causes the popcorn like flavor and wife hating exhale smell. Peanut Butter flavorings use these and are a more likely ingredient to me but I haven't gone into fine tuning that portion of cloning.

So far I've used Capella Caramel, LorAnn Caramel, Hangsen Caramel, TFAs Caramel Original, Caramel Candy, and tiny amounts of Caramel Cappuccino. All were too light and candy tasting instead of caRnYs dark rich chewy caramel flavor. I plan on trying FW Salted Caramel and HIC's Samoa Recipe to see if any of those hit that flavor note I've been missing.

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those last two ingredients are new to me . What are they?

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And 1stincommand hates the smell of carny4 also!

Odian

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't delved into the world of making my own juice yet....but it is on my list....

caRnY4 is my staple, go-to juice, every single day. Although there are a few others that have recently come into my stable....

I would love to hear that someone cracked this....

Those last two ingredients are new to me . What are they?
They both can be bought from TFA and are used in some tobacco recipes. Tetramethyl pyrazine gives a peanut shell taste and trimethyl pyrazine gives a taste similar to the smell of a potato. They both taste awful fresh but mellow after a month of steeping. They are both typically used as a component to another flavoring like peanut butter.

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been trying to crack this one for a while but can never get the caramel right. All of them seem too light and candy like to match it that I've tried. I still need to try FW Salted Caramel and FA Caramel. Does anyone have experience with them or recognize the caramel flavoring used by G2?
Many thanks in advance.
This thread died an early death so idk if you're still here but........
I just hopped over from ELR and other sites doing the same thing. I've been a long time fan of carny4 and even spoke to HIC about it. Unfortunately, he hadn't heard of it. But ELR developed a specific clone thread with instructions on how to start breaking down those "mysterious" flavors you just can't seem to nail. Maybe you'll find that helpful.

By now, you probably have FW Salted Caramel in your stash. What did you think? It's definitely a coil killer but I liked it in another recipe. I don't have the level of experience in DIY to clone carny4 but the more info I can give to the mixers at ELR the more likely they'll be able to work on it.

Yep, it's that dark, rich chewy caramel! Drives me nuts. And I've tried many. Good luck!

Muth,
I actually solved this one a while ago.
Don't have my notes on me but it was about half RY4 Double, then LorAnn Caramel and a chocolate to taste, with small amounts of LorAnn Buttered Popcorn, and a vanilla.

G2 says they use all USA products so probably all LorAnn and TFA stuff.

VU Sponsors