Become a Patron!

G-Priv with screensavers?

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, I just got myself a G-Priv and had updated to 1.8 a few days ago. However, when I googled images to use in my youtube review, I saw many pics showing this
faa5ac228b1447a4c251946172b7286c.jpg

while my screen only show this
d2042e23ab3109c512ab23a8a2fc75bb.jpg

Can anyone explain?
Btw, my youtube channel is Ace Vaper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I don't have a G-Priv, but is it possible that the update actually changed the layout and options available? Could it be that the Screensaver option is gone now?

Just a thought...

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Okay, it is looking like the screensaver icon was only in Smok marketing pictures, I can't find a single reference to anyone actually having a screensaver mode. In fact, I found a few comments that people wished there was a screen saver mode. All indications are that it never actually existed. I'm guessing they originally planned for that feature but took it out before the production firmware was actually released. This is all pure speculation based on the info I could find on YouTube, Reddit, and the web in general. If you do get a better answer, please post it here, I'd like to know what's going on with it. HTH

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, it is looking like the screensaver icon was only in Smok marketing pictures, I can't find a single reference to anyone actually having a screensaver mode. In fact, I found a few comments that people wished there was a screen saver mode. All indications are that it never actually existed. I'm guessing they originally planned for that feature but took it out before the production firmware was actually released. This is all pure speculation based on the info I could find on YouTube, Reddit, and the web in general. If you do get a better answer, please post it here, I'd like to know what's going on with it. HTH

You're probably right, but, screensaver or none, I really enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors