Become a Patron!

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello All,

I just got the Deadalus and want to build some fused claptons. The smallest wire I have is 32 gauge kanthal so I plan on using it for the wrap. I do not plan on using temp control but I am not against using SS cores. So what wire should I use for the cores.

I have Kanthal in 22ga - 24ga - 26ga - 28ga - 30ga - and 32ga
I have Nichrome 80 in 22ga and 24ga
I have 316L Stainless in 22ga - 24ga - 26ga

Out of the choices above, what are your recommendations. Thanks in advance for any help.

By the way, these coils will be for a Aromamizer Plus (4mm ID coils) and I would also like to try them in the Aromamizer supreme (3mm ID coils).

Happy Vaping!
CV :)

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Depends on where you want your resistance to end up.
Go to app store/play store and download vape tool. I've been using it for over a year now and it's that good I paid for the pro version. I'll snap a pic of my hone screen in a sec to show you the icon

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
f6a9e7d9d766f41e7f89e914fc75df75.jpg

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would hold off and order some 36 or 38g. 32g isn't gonna do anything for a fused clapton except make ramp up time unreasonable. It certainly won't help for flavor. I would save the 32g for another project and order some smaller wire

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you can make a cat track coil with only 32g. it might not be the 'best' or most ideal cat track config, but it will be better than fused claptons with 32g wrap imo...

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you for the responses everyone. Looks like I am going to have to wait for some new wire. What do you guys prefer to wrap with? Stainless or Kanthal??

Thanks!

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have a preference really. I jump around to everything. I will say tho, that I found with stainless that I had to rewick more often. Lately I've been using a lot of nichrome.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Depends on where you want your resistance to end up.
Go to app store/play store and download vape tool. I've been using it for over a year now and it's that good I paid for the pro version. I'll snap a pic of my hone screen in a sec to show you the icon

I actually do have the Vape Tool Pro (paid version) but I usually just use Steam-engine.org because when I build I am sitting at my computer desk.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Id go with a 36g at maximum as a wrap...I can agree to 32 being just too thick and it will use up a lot of battery power just trying to heat it up...Most of the "cheap" Clapton wire being sold is like that which uses 32g and its not really all that great....The thinner the better but also the more difficult to wrap until enough practice is in place.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone know where to buy Kanthal wire spools that will fit the Daedalus??

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've watched a couple reviews that give you some suggestions on wire companies that fit

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've watched a couple reviews that give you some suggestions on wire companies that fit
Just look at what it states for gauge. As for wire, stick with Kidney Puncher, Atomizer Wick , Temco or Pure Atomist. You can get them from eBay, Amazon and a variety of other places.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just look at what it states for gauge. As for wire, stick with Kidney Puncher, Atomizer Ww, Temco or Pure Atomist. You can get them from eBay, Amazon and a variety of other places.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
There's only certain companies that use spools with center holes big enough to fit on over the jig.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered wire from kbee and a Daedalus as well. I'll let you know if it fits or not.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? Raymo suggested them to me a while back. That's why I went with them.

I used them for my SS practice wire, wasn't bad. I then ordered a bunch of Kanthal both from their Website and from their eBay store. Fucking Kanthal turned my fingers black with filth, from both sources. I then contacted them and they said "OK I'll let my stock people know". Basicaly so fucking what, what are you going to do?

They can kiss my fucking ass, much better sources than than them that don't use cheap Chinese wire.

Ones that actually use "real" Sandvik Kanthal that are just as inexpensive and at times cheaper are

• Temco
  • Pure Atomist
  • Atomizer Wick

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used them for my SS practice wire, wasn't bad. I then ordered a bunch of Kanthal both from their Website and from their eBay store. Fucking Kanthal turned my fingers black with filth, from both sources. I then contacted them and they said "OK I'll let my stock people know". Basicaly so fucking what, what are you going to do?

They can kiss my fucking ass, much better sources than than them that don't use cheap Chinese wire.

Ones that actually use "real" Sandvik Kanthal that are just as inexpensive and at times cheaper are

• Temco
  • Pure Atomist
  • Atomizer Wick
Thanks alot I'll check out all three of those sources for future orders. I honestly appreciate the heads up.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea, I did the K-Bee ebay buy once. got like 10 spools from 22G up to 46G for a great price. that crap was filthy. fingers turned black, and on my SS rods I wrap coils on it was leaving residue. hit once coil with a torch and it lit on fire. Not sure what was on it but it was enough to burn. I used it to practice building with, but thats about it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I did the K-Bee ebay buy once. got like 10 spools from 22G up to 46G for a great price. that crap was filthy. fingers turned black, and on my SS rods I wrap coils on it was leaving residue. hit once coil with a torch and it lit on fire. Not sure what was on it but it was enough to burn. I used it to practice building with, but thats about it.
I always run my new coils through the ultrasonic for 5 min's before mounting. But still the filth shows how shitty their QC is, how can you trust even the metal composition when they can't even clean their fucking wire!

So far the wire I've stuck with is
  • Kidney Puncher
  • Atomizer Wick
  • Temco
Those three are clean, work well, are actual Sandvik Kanthal. Then their SS is Smelted in Sweden and Milled in the U.S.

Another Kanthal I've used/use but a I can't verify if it's Sandvik or not and haven't tried their SS
  • Pure Atomist

Kidney Puncher is a tad bit pricier but excellent quality, but the other three compete with KBee's prices and other shit wire like UD. So no reason to waste your money on shit wire ya know.

VU Sponsors