Become a Patron!

FUN!!! Post a random fact about yourself

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just can't bring myself to it. Just can't. Haven't had anymore... and trying to cross my fingers that there won't be anymore, but, as mentioned earlier in this thread, I can't cross my fingers, lol.
I wouldn't be able to kill one either. I don't even like to kill snakes.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just can't bring myself to it. Just can't. Haven't had anymore... and trying to cross my fingers that there won't be anymore, but, as mentioned earlier in this thread, I can't cross my fingers, lol.
I do not enjoy killing anything but the little suckers are destructive. Get in my shop and chew things up and knock things off of shelves, etc.
Well I do enjoy killing mosquitoes :)

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You died? As in flatlined? Wowsers.

Yup. I was officially dead for 2 minutes. I had surgery and in post-op, they connected my breathing tube without the exhaust valve thing, so air went in but nothing came out. My lungs filled up until they burst. It actually blew the breathing tube out of my throat and the anesthesiologist caught it. lol It took them a couple of minutes to get some chest tubes inserted and get my heart started again. I woke up in ICU and had no idea what had happened until I read it in the hospital records after I requested them later.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yep exactly. I'm STILL angry at one particular ICU nurse who wouldn't let us back in during the 6-8pm rounds, on what might have been the last evening in which she might have woken enough to know I was there. She was ADAMANT that my mom not be woken, period, though it might have been my last opportunity for her to know I was there. Now I'll never know for sure if she knew I was there, at the end. :cry:

I got really nothing good to say about nurses. They're all Nurse Ratchett to me, fuckin killjoy fascists.

Andria

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup. I was officially dead for 2 minutes. I had surgery and in post-op, they connected my breathing tube without the exhaust valve thing, so air went in but nothing came out. My lungs filled up until they burst. It actually blew the breathing tube out of my throat and the anesthesiologist caught it. lol It took them a couple of minutes to get some chest tubes inserted and get my heart started again. I woke up in ICU and had no idea what had happened until I read it in the hospital records after I requested them later.
WOW. I used to watch this show "I Survived Beyond and Back" and there was a lady on there that had the SAME thing happen to her. That's crazy! Glad you're ok.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
WOW. I used to watch this show "I Survived Beyond and Back" and there was a lady on there that had the SAME thing happen to her. That's crazy! Glad you're ok.

The pulmonologist who cared for me afterward said he'd only seen one other case like that and that person died, they never got his heart started again. It's believed that the stress from the incident is what caused my fibromyalgia. So I'm not quite sure if I'm lucky to have survived or not. :giggle:

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The pulmonologist who cared for me afterward said he'd only seen one other case like that and that person died, they never got his heart started again. It's believed that the stress from the incident is what caused my fibromyalgia. So I'm not quite sure if I'm lucky to have survived or not. :giggle:
I don't think the lady on the show had her lungs actually burst like that. :eek:
Ok, here's another random fact about me. I managed a mobile home park on the Southeast side of San Antonio. Man, I've got a TON of stories from that experience.

Atchafalaya

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Kurt Kobain fed me Oreos and gave me Nirvana stickers one day in NYC (a very long time ago) I ate the Oreos but still have the stickers. (This was the day that Nevermind was released).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's pretty cool!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm 33 yo and still like to startle people, especially in the morning. Before coffee, even better.
Startle this bitch, and you have your hands full
tumblr_nfvx6bIJiE1s30ko5o1_500_zpsihlk8nvo.jpg

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Startle me and you'll have a 30 minute screaming hissy fit your hands... if not an hour. And I'll probably throw something heavy and breakable at you. PTSD is just that way. ;)

Andria

Is that right..? Well, that moves you to #1 on my startle list, congrats. :teehee:

Startle this bitch, and you have your hands full
tumblr_nfvx6bIJiE1s30ko5o1_500_zpsihlk8nvo.jpg

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

I'll be sure to do it on an early Sunday morning, that should be a good time. I scare you because I love you. lol.

I remember when I was little, I waited almost an hour inside a front entry closet where my mom hangs her coat after she gets home from work, and scared the shit out of her when she walked in. So much so, her knees almost buckled, lol. But the look on her face, so worth it.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is that right..? Well, that moves you to #1 on my startle list, congrats. :teehee:

I'll be sure to do it on an early Sunday morning, that should be a good time. I scare you because I love you. lol.

I remember when I was little, I waited almost an hour inside a front entry closet where my mom hangs her coat after she gets home from work, and scared the shit out of her when she walked in. So much so, her knees almost buckled, lol. But the look on her face, so worth it.
Love you more<3<3

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Startle me and you'll have a 30 minute screaming hissy fit your hands... if not an hour. And I'll probably throw something heavy and breakable at you. PTSD is just that way. ;)

Andria

Yeah - don't do that. I just punch back. Fast. If you think poking is cute you got another thing coming.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah - don't do that. I just punch. Fast. If you think poking is cute you got another thing coming.

I didn't say a word about poking. I mentioned screaming and throwing large heavy breakable objects. Followed by more screaming until total meltdown. And anyone who thinks that is amusing is even sicker than I am, in a very cruel and sadistic way, and not fit to be in human company, nor even to be considered a human themselves. Because apparently those people think that mental illness and heart attacks are amusing.

Andria

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always wanted to sell high end ladies shoes...

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Startle my husband and it'll honestly be the very last thing you ever do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've always wanted to sell high end ladies shoes...

I'm not a feather plucker or a feather plucker's son but I'll pluck a feathered pheasant until the feather plucker comes.

I used to sell men's shoes. It was the 80's - what can I say?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
More like this:

s-l1600.jpg

Man, that crap we had leftover from the disco era hung on the sales rack... well it was still there when I left in 1983. :giggle:

I dated a guy in high school who wore those. :D He was short and hadn't accepted that fact. :giggle:

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
More like this:

s-l1600.jpg

Man, that crap we had leftover from the disco era hung on the sales rack... well it was still there when I left in 1983. :giggle:
I was about to say, it looks like a 70s shoe, but early 80s makes sense. that's some oxford!

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You too????:teehee::teehee:

I buy vape gear and juice and hope my husband doesn't notice. He usually does, eventually, then I just say "I've had that awhile now." :D

LoL. My wife notices almost immediately. My retort is always the same.
$6.50 A pack sweetie. I'm not spending, I'm saving us money!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LoL. My wife notices almost immediately. My retort is always the same.
$6.50 A pack sweetie. I'm not spending, I'm saving us money!

My husband has never minded a penny I've spent on vape gear -- BECAUSE I'm not turning money into ashes anymore! 75%-90% of the vape stuff I've bought, he can SEE right there on the counter!

Andria

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For an entire year at my job someone called me Johnnie. The problem is that's not my name. I answered like it was.

She was so embarrassed when she figured it out. I thought it was so funny. She still laughs about it.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My husband has never minded a penny I've spent on vape gear -- BECAUSE I'm not turning money into ashes anymore! 75%-90% of the vape stuff I've bought, he can SEE right there on the counter!

Andria
Well. The funny thing is that we both quit smoking and she also vapes. She only notices when it's a new mod. Tanks and juice she doesn't notice because I'm always swapping them.
She hasn't been happy with the Plato aio so I got her the mi one and a couple new nautilus X 4ml tanks to put on top of the tesla nano I picked up from @Whiskey.
Well... That plus the rx2/3 and finder250 and geekvape mechpro and vicious ant DNA 167 and cleito120 and tfv8 and tfv12 and motofo serpent...
What can I say. It's hard to find the perfect vape.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well. The funny thing is that we both quit smoking and she also vapes. She only notices when it's a new mod. Tanks and juice she doesn't notice because I'm always swapping them.
She hasn't been happy with the Plato aio so I got her the mi one and a couple new nautilus X 4ml tanks to put on top of the tesla nano I picked up from @Whiskey.
Well... That plus the rx2/3 and finder250 and geekvape mechpro and vicious ant DNA 167 and cleito120 and tfv8 and tfv12 and motofo serpent...
What can I say. It's hard to find the perfect vape.

Once you find the perfect vape, pray they don't stop making/selling it!

The cool thing is that my husband doesn't vape, and hasn't smoked since 1973, which was 2 yrs before I even started smoking! :giggle: He's even urged me to buy new stuff -- "Didja buy that new [whatever] yet? Why not? ORDER IT NOW BEFORE IT'S OFF SALE!" :giggle: Because I'm a tightwad who tends to procrastinate spending money. :D He's just so thrilled I was finally able to quit smoking -- if anyone was more surprised by it than I was, it was him! :giggle:

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
one of my hobbies is growing heirloom vegtables ...especially heirloom Garlic.

I love crazy ass looking heirloom tomatoes, deemed "visually abhorrent" or some such by grocery store marketing committees. So much better than those billiard balls you get in stores. (They're about as flavorful as billiard balls too.)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I love crazy ass looking heirloom tomatoes, deemed "visually abhorrent" or some such by grocery store marketing committees. So much better than those billiard balls you get in stores. (They're about as flavorful as billiard balls too.)

Store-bought tomatoes are so awful, I don't even care that I can't eat tomatoes anymore. It's the home-grown ones I really miss.

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Store-bought tomatoes are so awful, I don't even care that I can't eat tomatoes anymore. It's the home-grown ones I really miss.

Andria

'Matos is on your list of Things That Make You Go Urrrppp! ? :(

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't smoked in decades, so I'm not really saving money. :D
I haven't in 3 years but I still vape nic so I would be smoking if I wasn't vaping.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
I remember they used to taste good, now they seem to always have that begining of going bad taste, I think they over store them during the winter or something, I notice all produce quality has declined, doesn't stay as fresh as long anymore.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't in 3 years but I still vape nic so I would be smoking if I wasn't vaping.

I vape 3mg nic for the benefits, sometimes 6mg (when my son gets a flavor he doesn't care for but I don't mind).

The Dementor is pitching another hissy fit about me being able to smoke in the house while she can't. She refuses to listen or try to understand that there's a difference and she can't smoke in the house because it messes with my asthma. So she's in her bedroom throwing pouting like a small child. *sigh*

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
'Matos is on your list of Things That Make You Go Urrrppp! ? :(

More or less. It's the pain they cause in my guts that I object to the most. Taking "Beano" helps a little, but not completely. I can just about tolerate pizza, thank god, but only if I both take Beano, and scrape away as much of the tomato sauce as I easily can -- there has to be *some* or it doesn't taste right, but I try to leave just the scrapings.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape 3mg nic for the benefits, sometimes 6mg (when my son gets a flavor he doesn't care for but I don't mind).

The Dementor is pitching another hissy fit about me being able to smoke in the house while she can't. She refuses to listen or try to understand that there's a difference and she can't smoke in the house because it messes with my asthma. So she's in her bedroom throwing pouting like a small child. *sigh*

So, let her pout. At least she's in her room. When our boy was a child, I never ever wanted to try and forbid him from being angry, as my parents tried with me, but I always told him, if you want to act like that, make noises like that, you can go do it in your room, and come back and join us when you get it out of your system. :) It worked great. :D

With her condition, she really *is* a child, in all the ways that really matter, so if she wants to act like one... let her.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, let her pout. At least she's in her room. When our boy was a child, I never ever wanted to try and forbid him from being angry, as my parents tried with me, but I always told him, if you want to act like that, make noises like that, you can go do it in your room, and come back and join us when you get it out of your system. :) It worked great. :D

With her condition, she really *is* a child, in all the ways that really matter, so if she wants to act like one... let her.

Andria

Yeah, we do. We don't bother her or try to get her out or anything. She'll eventually forget why she's upset and come back out and act like nothing happened. In warmer weather, she'll go for a walk and come back 5 minutes later and not remember, she'll be all happy and peppy. It just gets a bit trying sometimes, that's all.

She's also convinced someone is stealing her cigarettes and other stuff so she hides her purse in her room, then doesn't remember why she hid it or where it is. We searched for 15 minutes this morning trying to find it. Then I remembered that I slipped her phone into it the other day so I called it and found it buried on the top shelf of her closet under a pile of sweatshirts. She laughed and didn't know why she'd put it there.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I remember they used to taste good, now they seem to always have that begining of going bad taste, I think they over store them during the winter or something, I notice all produce quality has declined, doesn't stay as fresh as long anymore.

They pick them completely green, not even ripe a little bit, and then pipe ethylene gas into the truck in which they're shipped, to make them turn "red". That ethylene gas is the icky smell that bananas give off when they're past freckled and into solid brown and squishy territory, so that may be what you're tasting/smelling. Also, tomatoes grown for commercial shipping are the thickest-walled, hardest possible ones, so that they don't turn into tomato sauce in those trucks! Just nasty, not fit to eat at all.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, we do. We don't bother her or try to get her out or anything. She'll eventually forget why she's upset and come back out and act like nothing happened. In warmer weather, she'll go for a walk and come back 5 minutes later and not remember, she'll be all happy and peppy. It just gets a bit trying sometimes, that's all.

She's also convinced someone is stealing her cigarettes and other stuff so she hides her purse in her room, then doesn't remember why she hid it or where it is. We searched for 15 minutes this morning trying to find it. Then I remembered that I slipped her phone into it the other day so I called it and found it buried on the top shelf of her closet under a pile of sweatshirts. She laughed and didn't know why she'd put it there.

The biggest contributor to our son spending a lot of angry-time in his room is that he was the worst poor-sport on the planet... yet he always wanted us to play cards and boardgames with him. Sometimes we would... and when he'd lose, he throw a screaming fit all the way up the stairs to his room. :giggle: While we laughed ourselves silly at what a poor sport he was. Really it was great entertainment for *us*... and I hope he learned not to be such a bad sport! :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors