Become a Patron!

Fullness and mouth feel missing

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been tinkering with DIY for only a month now, so I feel like I might be missing some information. I've come up with a few very good recipes that I really enjoy, the flavor and sweetness are spot on. But the missing "Wow!" factor for me is mouth feel.

For instance, when vaping my strawberry milkshake and Cuttwood's Unicorn Milk side by side, I prefer my homemade...the flavor is more complex and deeper, but I cannot put my finger on how to get that full, satisfying exhale that the big guys juices achieve.

The majority of my recipes right now are a fruit and cream format, using 2 - 3 variations of the same fruit and, sweet creams, marshmallows, dairy milk, cake flavorings...etc. I'd like to try Vape Wizard, but I don't want to jump right to that as a crutch to achieve that fullness if I don't have to. Is there something else that will add this feature?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
What's your VG/PG ratio? High VG might be what you're looking for.

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@HeadInClouds, I was hoping you'd chime in ☺

I've only made 70/30 so far, and use Wizard's VG and PG. My recipes are a mix of TFA and CAP flavorings and they range anywhere from 10 - 15% total flavor. I also heat steep in a crock pot.

Vapor production is quite good, it's more of a feel that I'm lacking.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vape Wizard in tiny amounts can help, but it can mute flavors when used at higher percentages. Make a 5 ml tester and add 2 drops of Vape Wizard and try it.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
have you tried altering wattage. I know I get more of that effect your are talking about at higher wattages.

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape Wizard in tiny amounts can help, but it can mute flavors when used at higher percentages. Make a 5 ml tester and add 2 drops of Vape Wizard and try it.

Yeah, that's exactly why I wanted to avoid it as a first solution, but I'll try it out on one of my smaller bottles. Thanks!

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
have you tried altering wattage. I know I get more of that effect your are talking about at higher wattages.
Bumping up the watts does seem to help some, but it's a fine line between the fullness and too hot of a vape. I haven't found a sweet spot yet, so I'm sure the juice needs tweaking.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well then thats not the issue either. if you are 0 nic. I would try searching for similar recipes on the forum. See if the % used are way different or if there is a missing ingredient. Sometimes these mixes have a hidden flavor in them at very small percentages that enhance the others and give you a fuller tasting vape.

Perhaps you just need an extra percent or so of one or more flavors. Higher percentages of certain flavors add effects to the overall mix

Kwest

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've found that adding 1-2% marshmallow will add a nice fullness to the vape.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been tinkering with DIY for only a month now, so I feel like I might be missing some information. I've come up with a few very good recipes that I really enjoy, the flavor and sweetness are spot on. But the missing "Wow!" factor for me is mouth feel.

For instance, when vaping my strawberry milkshake and Cuttwood's Unicorn Milk side by side, I prefer my homemade...the flavor is more complex and deeper, but I cannot put my finger on how to get that full, satisfying exhale that the big guys juices achieve.

The majority of my recipes right now are a fruit and cream format, using 2 - 3 variations of the same fruit and, sweet creams, marshmallows, dairy milk, cake flavorings...etc. I'd like to try Vape Wizard, but I don't want to jump right to that as a crutch to achieve that fullness if I don't have to. Is there something else that will add this feature?
I know what you're talking about. I've got a strawberry, soft serve recipe that is the same way. If I sit down and am relaxed, can concentrate on the flavors, I prefer mine. If I'm on the run and busy, it seems I miss it. What are you using in your recipe?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

OneLief

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think certain flavors give that effect. Have you ever used coconut. After checking HICs notes on FA Coconut, he mentioned the same thing. Time to experiment.

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This one recipe in particular is:

TFA Strawberry Ripe 5%
CAP Strawberries & Cream 5%
TFA Marshmallow 2%
TFA Dairy/Milk 3%
Lemon juice 4 drops per 10 ml.

Since first posting this, the fullness seems to have gotten slightly better on its own, but it's still lacking a bit. I only have TFA coconut and I temporarily ruined myself on it a few weeks ago...I vaped it singularly at too high a percentage and tasted nothing but plastic the rest of the day

OneLief

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

TFA Strawberry Ripe 5%
TFA Marshmallow 2%
TFA Dairy/Milk 3%

Since first posting this, the fullness seems to have gotten slightly better on its own, but it's still lacking a bit. I only have TFA coconut and I temporarily ruined myself on it a few weeks ago...I vaped it singularly at too high a percentage and tasted nothing but plastic the rest of the day
I did the same thing with Vienna Cream. Almost threw it away. Are you using straight lemon juice? What kind are you using and what kind of flavor or effect does it give? I made some citric acid to experiment with. Maybe straight lemon juice would be better.

OneLief

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good 'ol Real Lemon, straight out of the fridge. It made an immediate difference in brightness, and is also pretty snazzy with my dragonfruit custard.
That's actually kind of funny. I've been doing all this research on the best lemon flavors. Never crossed my mind to try the real thing.

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
That's actually kind of funny. I've been doing all this research on the best lemon flavors. Never crossed my mind to try the real thing.

I've used fresh squeezed lime and lemon juice, then filtered. Not too big of a worry regarding sugars, as that typically is the reason no real juices are used.

Really brightens up fruity flavours and gives some complexity.

Although ... acids will inherently increase decomposition rate of large-chain molecules (all flavours / nicotine etc etc)

Proton donor :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good 'ol Real Lemon, straight out of the fridge. It made an immediate difference in brightness, and is also pretty snazzy with my dragonfruit custard.

Unfortunately that effect is short lived in my experience. It's fine if you make small batches and tend to vape them right away but if not, you may find it ends up muting the flavors.

I also worry about preservatives in those liquid lemon type products, not really something I want to vape. :)

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Flavourart Cream Fresh adds a nice fullness without being too sweet.

TFA Strawberry Ripe 5%
TFA Marshmallow 2%
TFA Dairy/Milk 3%
Use this recipe, Add 2% FA cream fresh. Id bet my bottom dollar it helps.

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Flavourart Cream Fresh adds a nice fullness without being too sweet.

Use this recipe, Add 2% FA cream fresh. Id bet my bottom dollar it helps.
Funny you should mention this...that's exactly what I wound up adding to the mix yesterday. And it worked beautifully!

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Funny you should mention this...that's exactly what I wound up adding to the mix yesterday. And it worked beautifully!
Its one of those flavorings that I probably couldnt live without. Its in so many of my recipes. Very few flavorings can do what cream fresh does to add body and creaminess.

VU Sponsors