Become a Patron!

Frustrated Newbie

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all! New to vaping, 12 days in, in an attempt to stop smoking. Haven't kicked the habit because I'm having issues with my vape. Came here to get some sage advice and connect with other vapers because there really aren't many where I live. Also trying to start a vaping group, if you will, as most of my co-workers want to stop smoking as well. I'm a newbie myself and I have no clue, lol. I've been watching a ton a vids and reading blog posts on vaping to better educate myself and maybe help the other newbies at my job and because me and this SMOK v8 are not compatible. I need something to help me quit. I'm down to only 2 - 3 cigarettes a day as opposed to 1/2 pack a day. so there's that, but really want to quit completely. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hi and welcome! My quitting date isn't that long ago (just short of two months). You probably want a MTL (mouth-to-lounge, similar draw to smoking) starter kit. I don't know the Smok, but I think it's not quite the same experience. Jac Vapour S17, S22, and Innokin T20, 22 would be a good place to start, I suppose.
But more important than the kit is the juice! If you haven't got a juice which you enjoy, it's not going to work, because nobody sucks on something they don't like :crazy:

What helped me personally is the distraction of all the geeky vaping aspects. A lot to learn and fiddle about with. But that might not be everyone's cup of tea.

I started with a CE5 clearomiser and ego battery rubbish set, which lasted a total of one week before I jumped into building myself on a Siren 2 tank.
Everybody's experience and taste and preferences vary. Tell the experienced folks here what you like or don't like, what you expect, and they can give you very good pointers into the right direction.

Most important thing: Quitting the stinkies is a very good intention. Most of us have been there. It can be done. So stay at it and don't give up because the first vaping experience wasn't perfect! :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. My recommendation is to get a small regulated device that will let you set watts/volts. You can't dial in your vape on the v8 stick. Good simple set up is a Eleaf istick 60w or a Pico 25 (85w) and a Kanger Toptank. These will grow with you as you feel your way to finding your personal sweet spot.

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Besides the fact you are still sneaking a few smokes daily, what don't you like about your v8?

And welcome to VU :wave:

Hey, thanks!
Where do I begin? Well now 13 days in, I've burned thru 4 coils. When I want I cigarette, I can vape non-stop for a good minute. The drip tip gets hot and it still leaks from time to time.

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU. My recommendation is to get a small regulated device that will let you set watts/volts. You can't dial in your vape on the v8 stick. Good simple set up is a Eleaf istick 60w or a Pico 25 (85w) and a Kanger Toptank. These will grow with you as you feel your way to finding your personal sweet spot.

Hello and thanks for the recommendations!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey, thanks!
Where do I begin? Well now 13 days in, I've burned thru 4 coils. When I want I cigarette, I can vape non-stop for a good minute. The drip tip gets hot and it still leaks from time to time.

Oh yeah - equipment failure is possibly the top number one reason a lot of folks trying to quit run back to the smokes - it certainly was for me, lol

get a small regulated device that will let you set watts/volts. You can't dial in your vape on the v8 stick. Good simple set up is a Eleaf istick 60w or a Pico 25 (85w) and a Kanger Toptank. These will grow with you as you feel your way to finding your personal sweet spot.

This is pretty good advice ^^^^

The good old Nautilus is also a good tank choice - a proven winner for those trying to quit smoking. The coils used to last me 2-3 weeks

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks everyone for the welcomes and recommendations.
I wasn't a heavy smoker. 1/2 pack a day, if that. Some days of course were worse than others. It's my triggers. After eating, after a rreeeaaaallly good cup of coffee, doing absolutely nothing or reading a good book. At first the Smok was working, until it wasn't. I want a mod that doesn't burn up during one of my "I refuse to smoke another cigarette sessions". The juice, I've already figured out some of my faves, but of course with a bad vape it's pointless. Flavor and clouds, I want it all!!! LMBO!!
Thinking about dabbling with the buildables, but I already have a couple of expensive hobbies, lol...i.e. fountain pens and scrapbooking...smh. The variety of juices already has me like all the different inks for my pens. SMH! Keep the recommendations coming, been doing a lot of research on them all!

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi and welcome! My quitting date isn't that long ago (just short of two months). You probably want a MTL (mouth-to-lounge, similar draw to smoking) starter kit. I don't know the Smok, but I think it's not quite the same experience. Jac Vapour S17, S22, and Innokin T20, 22 would be a good place to start, I suppose.
But more important than the kit is the juice! If you haven't got a juice which you enjoy, it's not going to work, because nobody sucks on something they don't like :crazy:

What helped me personally is the distraction of all the geeky vaping aspects. A lot to learn and fiddle about with. But that might not be everyone's cup of tea.

I started with a CE5 clearomiser and ego battery rubbish set, which lasted a total of one week before I jumped into building myself on a Siren 2 tank.
Everybody's experience and taste and preferences vary. Tell the experienced folks here what you like or don't like, what you expect, and they can give you very good pointers into the right direction.

Most important thing: Quitting the stinkies is a very good intention. Most of us have been there. It can be done. So stay at it and don't give up because the first vaping experience wasn't perfect! :)

Hey! Thanks for the great recommendations and the encouragement! You guys rock!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OP's experience is what upsets me with most all Vape shops, for someone trying to get off the Stinkies they need to start with MTL to somewhat mimic smoking NOT a fucking "Clouds Bro" device. I was a pack and a 1/2 a day smoker for over 36 years and I was fortunate enough to walk into a great Vape Shop. They got me set up with a iStick 30W, Nautilus Mini and 18mg juice, guess what? That was the last day I smoked and I'm going on 3 years now off the Stinkies. I did the MTL for a few months then explored DTL and now that's how I prefer to Vape. I still know a bunch of people who stay on MTL and it works for them.

Bottom line is if ones goal is to get off the Stinkies MTL with higher nic.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
me and this SMOK v8 are not compatible.
Because it leaks? Look for defects on the coil's seal, install tight as you can by hand - put a paper towel or something around it if you can't get a good grip. And check the seals for the tank for deformities.
Or because its DTL?
Thinking about dabbling with the buildables, but I already have a couple of expensive hobbies
Actually costs less than buying oem coils.

Last edited:

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OP's experience is what upsets me with most all Vape shops, for someone trying to get off the Stinkies they need to start with MTL to somewhat mimic smoking NOT a fucking "Clouds Bro" device. I was a pack and a 1/2 a day smoker for over 36 years and I was fortunate enough to walk into a great Vape Shop. They got me set up with a iStick 30W, Nautilus Mini and 18mg juice, guess what? That was the last day I smoked and I'm going on 3 years now off the Stinkies. I did the MTL for a few months then explored DTL and now that's how I prefer to Vape. I still know a bunch of people who stay on MTL and it works for them.

I have a co-worker that does 6mg of nic, it burns the heck outta my throat and makes me cough. I can't even get a good pull on it before I'm coughing. It makes my throat itch, lol. I'm on 3mg, it was working fine like I said, at first, then the coils started burning up...blah blah blah. Several of my friends say I pull too hard. Is that even possible? no comments form the peanut gallery! lmbo!

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Because it leaks? Look for defects on the coil's seal, install tight as you can by hand - put a paper towel or something around it if you can't get a good grip. And check the seals for the tank for deformities.
Or because its DTL?
Actually costs less than buying oem coils.

It was leaking a mega crap ton of juice, the coil wasn't seated properly in the base (guy at the vape shop put it together), but every now and again, it will still leak. I've found if I fill it with the air flow wide open it doesn't leak nearly as much.
Watching all the videos of all the things, no one ever tells you prices, lol. It just seems like it's expensive.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Solid. I did that, minus MTL. I liked restricted lung hit for flavor. I like clouds no doubt, but I like flavor too.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If your getting a diff mod, one that gives you some adjustment so you can dial the rig in like you want, and if your thinking of "dabbling with buildables", then maybe now's a good time to spend a few more on something like RTA?
A lot of them come with coil/cotton. Coils can last weeks or even longer, and wicking material is cheap.
You'd need to know DTL is the way you want to go tho, and that your confident that style of vaping will get you off the cigs.
Otherwise MTL , like said, mimics a cig.

You mention your coworkers 6mg burns and made you cough. Are you sure it was the nic? Because there's other factors to consider. Was it DTL as well?

What r055co said ^ - is what worked for me as well. Very similar / 41yr smoker/20w IStick+Nautilus/high nic/few months then DTL. Don't know if starting with DTL first would have worked for me because I didn't try it first.
Since OP started with DTL, trying to clarify her preference or probable preference.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a co-worker that does 6mg of nic, it burns the heck outta my throat and makes me cough. I can't even get a good pull on it before I'm coughing. It makes my throat itch, lol. I'm on 3mg, it was working fine like I said, at first, then the coils started burning up...blah blah blah. Several of my friends say I pull too hard. Is that even possible? no comments form the peanut gallery! lmbo!
Solid. I did that, minus MTL. I liked restricted lung hit for flavor. I like clouds no doubt, but I like flavor too.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Yeah when I was MTL I went from 18mg to 12mg but when you go from MTL to DTL generally you 1/2 your nic level which is what I did. I vaped at 6mg for a good amount of time cause the transition from 6mg to 3mg was damn hard. I ended up mixing 6mg and 3mg until I was able to settle on 3mg and for me that's my sweetspot. I do have some 1.5mg for when I'm on my => 30mm devices like my Voltrove and triple coil 30mm Prophet so I don't I get nic overload ;) I find the flavor a bit dull, I believe that is due to nic has a bit of spiciness to it and that wakes up flavors. So I don't think I'll drop below 3mg, it's the level suits me.

Talking about coworkers I have one who was a 2+ pack a day smoker. When he started Vaping he'd have a Stinkie in one hand and DTL 18mg in the other! He's since been able to quit the Stinkies completely and down to 3mg. It just goes to show that the reason why Vaping works so well to quit is that you can easily adjust it to each individual need.

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your getting a diff mod, one that gives you some adjustment so you can dial the rig in like you want, and if your thinking of "dabbling with buildables", then maybe now's a good time to spend a few more on something like RTA?
A lot of them come with coil/cotton. Coils can last weeks or even longer, and wicking material is cheap.
You'd need to know DTL is the way you want to go tho, and that your confident that style of vaping will get you off the cigs.
Otherwise MTL , like said, mimics a cig.

You mention your coworkers 6mg burns and made you cough. Are you sure it was the nic? Because there's other factors to consider. Was it DTL as well?

What r055co said ^ - is what worked for me as well. Very similar / 41yr smoker/20w IStick+Nautilus/high nic/few months then DTL. Don't know if starting with DTL first would have worked for me because I didn't try it first.
Since OP started with DTL, trying to clarify her preference or probable preference.

DTL is fine. It was working, I just don't think the SMOK I got was the one for me, but in haste with a great desire to quit, I grabbed what was cheaper. My co-worker has a SMOK X8 and he vapes just fine on 6mg. He, however, chain smoked stronger, non-mentholated (is that a word?) cigarettes.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
DTL is fine. It was working, I just don't think the SMOK I got was the one for me, but in haste with a great desire to quit, I grabbed what was cheaper. My co-worker has a SMOK X8 and he vapes just fine on 6mg. He, however, chain smoked stronger, non-mentholated (is that a word?) cigarettes.
So your looking for a new setup? mod+tank?
If so, oem coils?, rebuildable?, or some do both.
What's the verdict lol :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Nic may not be the problem. Some are pg sensitive. Maybe try a higher vg juice.

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So your looking for a new setup? mod+tank?
If so, oem coils?, rebuildable?, or some do both.
What's the verdict lol :)

Yup, mod and tank. I'm a tinkerer, so I think I'm leaning more towards rebuildables. Probably RTA's, don't think I want to mess with RDA's. I hear they are kinda messy at times.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Nic may not be the problem. Some are pg sensitive. Maybe try a higher vg juice.
When I first quit I was 18mg which was a bit much so I mixed 18+12=15mg, and went down to 12 with DTL and since moved to 8. Still more than most but i think that will go down with the rotation I'm putting together.

BTW Ms2deep4u, Welcome to VU :wave:

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first quit I was 18mg which was a bit much so I mixed 18+12=15mg, and went down to 12 with DTL and since moved to 8. Still more than most but i think that will go down with the rotation I'm putting together.

BTW Ms2deep4u, Welcome to VU :wave:

Gonna try a higher mg with higher vg, like letitia9^^^ suggested. Maybe I won't have to vape quite as much or as long, lol. Thank you, I'm really glad I joined!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Gonna try a higher mg with higher vg, like letitia9^^^ suggested. Maybe I won't have to vape quite as much or as long, lol. Thank you, I'm really glad I joined!
Good idea. And you can always mix higher with lower if it's too much.

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yup, mod and tank. I'm a tinkerer, so I think I'm leaning more towards rebuildables. Probably RTA's, don't think I want to mess with RDA's. I hear they are kinda messy at times.

Haha, this sounds almost exactly like something I have said in the first week or two into my vaping career! :cheers:

Here's what I did when I was fed up with my ego style nonsense crap kit:

Shopping list:
  • Eleaf Pico 75w (now I'd go for the the new Pico 21700 instead due to more future proof battery options and 25mm 510, so more options) - ÂŁ30
  • Digiflavour Siren 2 - ÂŁ25
  • Tool kit from Coilmaster (you don't need it if you have tools, but it helps, and you'll definitely need an ohm meter) - ÂŁ25
  • Bucket loads of Muji Cotton - ÂŁ5
  • 100ft of Kenthal A1 28GA wire - ÂŁ5
Done. Less than ÂŁ100. This amount would go up in smoke (literally) within 10 days otherwise (pack of 20 cigs a day, at ÂŁ10 each).
You can do it cheaper. You can do it at much higher costs. But the point is, rebuildables as such aren't more expensive than stock coils, quite the opposite in the long run. And you're in it for the long game, right? Rrrright? :D

It does get more expensive once the Shinyitis catches (I know all about it, trust me), and you want to try out loads of other things. Very quickly. But it doesn't have to. In any case, it's healthier than smoking. Never forget that. :)

One of the beauties of vaping is that you can personalise your experience in each and every way you can think of. Granted, the plethora of options out there can be daunting initially. But that's what helpful guys and gals such as the forum members here are happy to assist with. (I don't count myself into that group just yet.)

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha, this sounds almost exactly like something I have said in the first week or two into my vaping career! :cheers:

Here's what I did when I was fed up with my ego style nonsense crap kit:

Shopping list:
  • Eleaf Pico 75w (now I'd go for the the new Pico 21700 instead due to more future proof battery options and 25mm 510, so more options) - ÂŁ30
  • Digiflavour Siren 2 - ÂŁ25
  • Tool kit from Coilmaster (you don't need it if you have tools, but it helps, and you'll definitely need an ohm meter) - ÂŁ25
  • Bucket loads of Muji Cotton - ÂŁ5
  • 100ft of Kenthal A1 28GA wire - ÂŁ5
Done. Less than ÂŁ100. This amount would go up in smoke (literally) within 10 days otherwise (pack of 20 cigs a day, at ÂŁ10 each).
You can do it cheaper. You can do it at much higher costs. But the point is, rebuildables as such aren't more expensive than stock coils, quite the opposite in the long run. And you're in it for the long game, right? Rrrright? :D

It does get more expensive once the Shinyitis catches (I know all about it, trust me), and you want to try out loads of other things. Very quickly. But it doesn't have to. In any case, it's healthier than smoking. Never forget that. :)

One of the beauties of vaping is that you can personalise your experience in each and every way you can think of. Granted, the plethora of options out there can be daunting initially. But that's what helpful guys and gals such as the forum members here are happy to assist with. (I don't count myself into that group just yet.)

Well, I count all input as helpful, so thank you and you gave me a good laugh!

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Oh and by the way: If you get into rebuildables, you will eventually have RDAs and maybe even squonkers. Took me ~2 and ~6 weeks respectively to get there. :crazy:
When you mix liquids, you'll have no choice anyway as you need to re-wick often. :)

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and by the way: If you get into rebuildables, you will eventually have RDAs and maybe even squonkers. Took me ~2 and ~6 weeks respectively to get there. :crazy:
When you mix liquids, you'll have no choice anyway as you need to re-wick often. :)

Why did I know someone was going to say that? lmbo! I figured as much, just because I know me. WOW! That quick?

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
welcome and keep at it, only suggestion would be to find the kit and setup that you like.. as you learn about more you will develop your own interest. I joke at times giving people a hard time playing around (about not liking certain tanks or brands) but truth of it really be whatever you like that helps you enjoy vaping is what you like and should stick with :)

Nameste

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey i am pretty much new like you first I have started aspire zelos kit it was ok well at least it helped me stop 25+ years of smoking habit but I have wanted something stronger I have found a really good vape shop close to my house owner is super helpful and knowledged and joined here I got lots of help from here.

After 2 months in vaping I have 2 really nice mods, 6 tanks, 3 subs, 2 RTA's and a rdta. Started building my own coils ( super easy and it's fun ) it will give you alot more flexibility on finding what you like.. And I have just started diy juices ( this is fun too and saves you lots of $$$)

My suggestion is as a newbie I wouldn't buy full kit again.. Just buy the mod I like and buy the tank I like..

You can find stuff online cheaper what you can do is search for the hardware you like and go in to vape shop and see it and feel it if you like it. And then ask on here to get a first hand experience feedback. Then you can still order online if you like..

Don't be afraid of rdas or RTA's or building your own coils and wicking them.. Seriously it's not too hard at all and it is lots of fun at least for me it is and it saves serious amount of money for sure.. Instead of paying bunch of money for subohm coils I will use that money for buying better hardware or buying lots of DIY juice flavors :)

Welcome and good luck

Flavormave

Reddit Exile

Your reply is one of the most helpful.
Thank you

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, I did the unthinkable. I went and bought another kit. This time, I bought the Vaporesso Revenger. I had no idea that the vape shop I go to does RTA's and RDA's until after I bought it. I bought another kit.....idek why I bought it other than the fact that I had been looking at it for a minute. I figured that I would still have the MOD when I do transition to RTA's. Unfortunately, I'm burning through these coils every couple of days. The owner of the vape shop near me, said he'd teach me how to build and all of that good stuff. Only vape shop near me that does this. The crazy part is, I gave my teenagers my stick and they are having no problems with the coils burning out. My co-worker has the same stick and hasn't changed the coil since she bought it. I'm really starting to think it's just me, lol. I am happy to report though, as of the posting of this, I am 3 hours shy of being completely off the stinkies for 4 days. Yay me!!!

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ok, I did the unthinkable. I went and bought another kit. This time, I bought the Vaporesso Revenger. I had no idea that the vape shop I go to does RTA's and RDA's until after I bought it. I bought another kit.....idek why I bought it other than the fact that I had been looking at it for a minute. I figured that I would still have the MOD when I do transition to RTA's. Unfortunately, I'm burning through these coils every couple of days. The owner of the vape shop near me, said he'd teach me how to build and all of that good stuff. Only vape shop near me that does this. The crazy part is, I gave my teenagers my stick and they are having no problems with the coils burning out. My co-worker has the same stick and hasn't changed the coil since she bought it. I'm really starting to think it's just me, lol. I am happy to report though, as of the posting of this, I am 3 hours shy of being completely off the stinkies for 4 days. Yay me!!!

First off, Yay You indeed! The worst days are behind you; the rest is almost a walk in the park :giggle:

You're lucky that you have a shop like that nearby! The shop we have here in my town... useless bunch really.

The number of coils you go through depends to a huge extent on the juice (some flavours gunk them like no tomorrow) and your own sense of taste really. But I'm the last person to talk you out of rebuildables :) In fact, all the tinkering has helped me get my mind off stinkies in the first couple of days and weeks. The therapeutic value of shinyitis and tinkeritis cannot be ignored! :teehee:

Ms2deep4u

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First off, Yay You indeed! The worst days are behind you; the rest is almost a walk in the park :giggle:

You're lucky that you have a shop like that nearby! The shop we have here in my town... useless bunch really.

The number of coils you go through depends to a huge extent on the juice (some flavours gunk them like no tomorrow) and your own sense of taste really. But I'm the last person to talk you out of rebuildables :) In fact, all the tinkering has helped me get my mind off stinkies in the first couple of days and weeks. The therapeutic value of shinyitis and tinkeritis cannot be ignored! :teehee:

So far I have an affinity for the fruity juices; all clear, no colors. Idk if that matters really, lol. So....I'm gonna bite the bullet payday and just buy an RTA and all the things. Hopefully building my own coils will be more beneficial, because vaping is the only thing getting me through right now. Plus, I'm addicted to all the fruitiness. Not really big on the deserts. I'm all about the shiny and the tinkering. Had I not become a nurse I was going to be a mechanic. Random right? lol. Taking apart and putting things back together gives me a peace and sense of accomplishment. Was just trying to hold off on the obsession of adding more things to my already extensive collection of things, lol.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far I have an affinity for the fruity juices; all clear, no colors. Idk if that matters really, lol. So....I'm gonna bite the bullet payday and just buy an RTA and all the things. Hopefully building my own coils will be more beneficial, because vaping is the only thing getting me through right now. Plus, I'm addicted to all the fruitiness. Not really big on the deserts. I'm all about the shiny and the tinkering. Had I not become a nurse I was going to be a mechanic. Random right? lol. Taking apart and putting things back together gives me a peace and sense of accomplishment. Was just trying to hold off on the obsession of adding more things to my already extensive collection of things, lol.
Oh you're going to love rebuilding, I only wish that I started around the beginning. I Smoked to feed the addiction. With Vaping it helped me kick the addiction, became a great hobby and I LOVE IT!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Sounds like you're cut out for rebuildables then!

By the way, it might be a bit early to make a recommendation for this RTA, as I only got it yesterday... But: I'm really impressed with the Innokin Ares. It doesn't get any easier to build on! Also, no problems with leaking, very smooth and diverse airflow options, easy refill and damn good flavour. Ask me again in a couple of days if I still like it, but so far I'm really enjoying it (didn't buy it earlier because some hardcore MTL reviewers were moaning about it not being tight enough an airflow, and it had some production issues in the first batches). On top of that you get tools to make coils, which comes in handy if you don't have any yet. And the designers (P Busardo and Vaping Greek) have tutorial videos for this particular RTA on Youtube. For a beginnner it couldn't be any easier to get started.

But again, take it with a pinch of salt for now.

Edit to add: As for fruity juices, I *think* sweeteners are the main coil gunkers (is that a word?) More experienced vapers/mixers will know better.

Heartwood

Member For 1 Year
Sounds like you're cut out for rebuildables then!

By the way, it might be a bit early to make a recommendation for this RTA, as I only got it yesterday... But: I'm really impressed with the Innokin Ares. It doesn't get any easier to build on! Also, no problems with leaking, very smooth and diverse airflow options, easy refill and damn good flavour. Ask me again in a couple of days if I still like it, but so far I'm really enjoying it (didn't buy it earlier because some hardcore MTL reviewers were moaning about it not being tight enough an airflow, and it had some production issues in the first batches). On top of that you get tools to make coils, which comes in handy if you don't have any yet. And the designers (P Busardo and Vaping Greek) have tutorial videos for this particular RTA on Youtube. For a beginnner it couldn't be any easier to get started.

But again, take it with a pinch of salt for now.

Edit to add: As for fruity juices, I *think* sweeteners are the main coil gunkers (is that a word?) More experienced vapers/mixers will know better.
Gunkers works... might not be an actual word. But seems to me like most of the words used for Vaping terms are made up anyways or just initials. I don't think anyone will miss what you're getting at though. As for what you were talking about though. It depends on the type of sweetener. A lot of them have very low burning pionts. So they carmelize very quickly. Monk fruit however though is gaining popularity. and Burns at something like 1200 degrees. so good luck getting your Vape up that high.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome-
I set a quit date- worked for me, stop buying cigarettes- sure it was tough for a few weeks, but I stayed strong and vaped more.
Almost 4 years later no urges for cigarettes at all- love vaping.
Best of Luck to you!

:wave:

VU Sponsors