Become a Patron!

from hooked on cigs to hooked on DIY

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Later this summer will be year since I quit smoking cigs and started vaping. I smoked for decades and quit for as long as 2 years...but I kept coming back, and I'd resigned myself to eventually dying with a cig in my hand.

I got email spam about ecigs for a long time before finally investigating. Health concerns motivated me to find out if they really were a healthier alternative. My first e-cig was a disposable Fling from White Cloud. I was so excited to try one! I was like a kid, blowing vapor around, enjoying the lack of smell, blowing vapor rings. lol! I swapped between those and the remainder of my last pack of cigs for a few days, and when the cigs ran out, I realized I just didn't need them any more. I haven't smoked since.

I got my partner to quit with me, and we weren't saving any money over the price of cigs. We invested in equipment and liquids from Halo. The budget for liquids was just too much, and we tried lots of others. THEN I discovered DIY. Oh YEAH!

Now I collect flavorings and love to mix my own flavors. Cheaper, more fun, more flexible, and it beats the !@#$% out of the vendor liquids. So now I'm a mad mixer! :D

Vaper Dyana

Bronze Contributor
Welcome to the VU HeadinClouds! I soo want to get into DIY but with having a lil one in the house I dont think I would ever bring nic into the house just to be safe.. It sounds like soo much fun to come up with diff flavors.. Glad you found the forum! :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Dyana, do you vape zero nic? You can still DIY with just flavorings and VG/PG. Those are safe to have around little ones (well, safe as any other kitchen ingredients).

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I diy all my juice, but mostly stick with a few flavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I diy all my juice, but mostly stick with a few flavors.

I'll never have that kind of self-control, but if I HAD to choose just a few to use forever, it would include peppermint, hot cinnamon, and a vanilla-cream.
I'm curious which few flavors you use!

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Absinthe/black licorice mix, fa's mild black, and adding sometimes red oak. I've got others, but the 1st is my ADV, most everyday..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Absinthe/black licorice mix, fa's mild black, and adding sometimes red oak. I've got others, but the 1st is my ADV, most everyday..

Ohhh - I'm also a fan of all things anise/fennel/licorice/absinthe.
Can you link me to your Mild Black? FA=FlavourArt, yes? I thought I'd heard of all the FA flavors (they're my main brand) but that one's news to me - must try!

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, I was unclear. I use flavor apprentice's absinthe with flavor west's black licorice. Flavor apprentice's mild black is a "black and mild" cigar like flavor. I also mix that with the ab/lic mix or solo. Red oak is a flav apprentice flavor too, good solo or with, as everything else I like, with the anise flavor.
I never ate much licorice candy, but the "cling" it gives to vaping is what makes it satisfying to me.
I get my flavors from One Stop DIY Shop. If you find a better deal. I'd like to know. (I do not work for them;). )
They also have an in house cinnamon roll flavor that's really good, I just can't vape it for very long.

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The ;) face was not meant to be a ;) ;) I really do work for them... Seriously, I have ordered from them 2 times. Now I'm afraid my stupid post will look like an arranged plug.
I still order my nic, pg/vg from wizard. If one stop had better selection there....

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

VU Sponsors