Become a Patron!

Freezing liquid nicotine?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forgive me if this has been asked already, but I've caught only glimpses in other discussions and was looking for a definitive answer.

Am I reading some you folks correctly in that you store your LIQUID NICOTINE in the freezer?

Thanks.

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
For long term storage people do. Not unusual at all.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got some in the freezer. Wrapped up super tight with warning labels all over. I was a lot more cautious with the nic when I first started diy. Gloves and apron and all. But I'm not cooking shit so. Lol but I buy 125ml bottles of nic and 4 30ml brown glass bottles to store it. Can fill 4 30mls and have enough left in the big bottle for a few recipes

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOW!I I just saw how badly I'd butchered the title of this thread. Shouldn't be typing so early.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been getting 240 ml bottles of unflavored 50/50 PG/VG 100 mg smooth salts for 17 DOLLARS and putting it in clean empty glass juice bottles and storing it in a bag in the basement of my landlady's house on the floor where it's cool. I actually use it to (sanely) boost the nic levels in my commercial juice.

I thought freezing it might harm the properties, but I guess not :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My nic is kept in the deep freeze except for 1 120 ML working bottle.
I got 100 mg/ml nic in PG base and split it up into clear glass boston round 120 ml bottles with poly cone caps.
Fill to bottom of neck and put in freezer. had some in there for over 3 years and still clear and nice.

Nic in PG base or vg for that matter will not freeze in a home freezer. Takes about -60F to freeze it.
The VG base will get thicker than the PG base in the freezer though.
The PG base is actually quite pourable straight from the freezer but I let warm up and shake before using.

Smaller bottles vs 1 liter bottles are best for nic because of less air in contact with the nic.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...Limit the air contact by storing full bottles if possible - that helps too.
Yes. This is what I do.

Smaller bottles vs 1 liter bottles are best for nic because of less air in contact with the nic.

I break it up into smaller glass bottles from the larger plastic one.

No. It won't freeze in a nic base. PG is often used as an anti-freeze.

That's right! The whole antifreeze in eliquid lie. I forgot about that.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's right! The whole antifreeze in eliquid lie. I forgot about that.

Not really a lie. PG is used in Non toxic antifreeze as used in boat and RV water supply systems and such.
Not to be confused with automotive anti freeze that will drop ya dead though.

PG is also in children's cough syrup and such.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not really a lie. PG is used in Non toxic antifreeze as used in boat and RV water supply systems and such.
Not to be confused with automotive anti freeze that will drop ya dead though.

PG is also in children's cough syrup and such.

No, I do realize that, but the way the alarmists proclaim it is to lead people to believe that vape juice is poisonous by putting the word "antifreeze" in the same sentence with it with no further useful illumination than that.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So we are vaping antifreeze and water vapor.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
And whatever the heck is in the flavorings....

I am very allergic to ingredients in most flavorings.
Severe oral, throat and lung irritation and total loss of taste from vaping a few ml of the offending flavorings. Mixed properly in PG/VG of course ;)

I cannot vape commercial ejuice for the most part and toss or PIF 80% or so of the flavors I try in my DIY due to this issue.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have about 4 liters in my freezer. Hope it's gonna be enough, because I can't really fit anymore. I also decant to glass bottles; amber (brown), usually 30ml though I've got some in larger bottles which, when I get to them, will need to be broken down into the smaller bottles.

I'm currently in the middle of some bottles I put in there in 2015, and it's still clear when I first open the bottle, but towards the end of the 30ml, I start seeing a yellow tinge.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep my working 120 ML bottle of nic in my kitchen freezer and decant inot a 30 ml amber bottle as needed for my mixing station.
Clear glass is not an issue in a deep freeze in a box. And leaving a minimal amount of air space in the bottle is not an issue either since it will not freeze and expand in a home deep freeze. I keep my bottles in a plastic tub in the freezer so the wife unit does not knock them over and break them.
I like the clear for the freezer so I can see if they start turning yellow.

I bought 3 liters of 100 mg nic over 3 years ago and have only gone thru less than 1/2 of a liter. My consumption rate dropped dramatically over the years.
Started out DIY at 12 mg, now down to under 3mg.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The kind I've been getting has a yellowish tint to it when new, but the site says that that's normal because of the production process. I don't remember the details. It's been a while since I read it. I've never stored it longer than a few months as per the above and it always looks and performs the same.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got all my nic at MFS and it is still clear.
However I have no idea what they are selling now.
I paid between $40-50 per liter at the time.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't remember now where I was reading reviews of nic suppliers and heard about LIQUID NICOTINE WHOLESALERS , but they were highly regarded and the two times I've ordered smooth salts from them have been good experiences.

First I bought a small bottle of 35mg freebase from a local shop and it was nasty and made me nauseous. Even in small amounts and this place sells tons of in house juice so it should be fresh.

VU Sponsors