Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
TM19X4S.jpg
TRjyQiz.jpg
NEOdO55.jpg
Et2NI1h.jpg
0zsu8ee.jpg

I won this freemax starre pure tank from @Heaven Gifts contest on here. This is my first impression. Will do a video review with full breakdown after a few weeks

Box includes
1 Tank
1 extra glass
.25 ohm coil (pre installed)
.5 ohm coil
1 accessory bag

The draw of this tank is the ceramic coils. it's kenthal covered up by ceramic on the outside for flavor and to dissipate heat. I'm currently using the .5 ohm coil at 50-70 watts. I've had it for 4 days now and ran through about 10 tanks (4ml capacity so roughly 40ml) The other draw of the tank is the top/bottom airflow for no leaks. the air comes in from the top then goes under the coil and up the chimney. this way you get bottom airflow flavor and no leaks.

So far I'd say it hits the money on it. The tank stays really cool when chain hitting, the coils themselves never get too hot even when taking long hits and flavor is amazing for a tank in it's watt range. It's no TFV8 by any means, but IMO is better then comparable tanks like the TFV4, Crown 2, Clieto, and Baby beast Airflow is smooth and quiet, no leaks (left on side overnight and didn't leak at all) not even a drop. I love the deisgn of the drip tip with it's 2 tone and even the base doesn't get hot. wicking is good you can chain vape but not too much with a thick juice. I'm using an 80/20 I think a 70/30 or 60/40 would wick much quicker. the wick holes are bug but not huge.

Positives
Best flavor in it's watts class so far (under 75 watts)
4ml capacity
heat dissipation
Looks
no leaks
cheap coils (around 2 bucks each for replacements)
Drip tip is really nice
good quality machining/smooth threads

Negatives
no RBA deck
thick juice doesn't wick as fast
need to line up the juice holes (aka don't tighten too much where it blocks the juice holes)

So far I'd recommend it if you want one, but you can wait a few weeks for a formal video review from me for more info.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Tanks a bunch man! Glad you did this I just bought the black one.
great tank. I'm sure you'll love it. I'm using it today with my hohmslice at 50 watts and very happy with it. gonna use it pretty much exclusively so I can do a review. I did bring my boreas too though lol

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Great review Sir Richard! I am so glad that I got this Tank in black ! I have never tried ceramic coils before and this seems like a great tank to try them out!
I should be able to use my Triton and Atlantis coils with this too? I have a ton of those!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great review Sir Richard! I am so glad that I got this Tank in black ! I have never tried ceramic coils before and this seems like a great tank to try them out!
I should be able to use my Triton and Atlantis coils with this too? I have a ton of those!
right now I'm finding 55-65 watts as the sweet spot for the .25 ohm coil

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I may have to drag out my Sigelei 75w to try Freemax Starre tank out. Not sure when my other mod will get here! Left the Netherlands on Nov 1 and still not in the US. Hopefully it gets here soon!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I may have to drag out my Sigelei 75w to try Freemax Starre tank out. Not sure when my other mod will get here! Left the Netherlands on Nov 1 and still not in the US. Hopefully it gets here soon!
it works awesome with my hohmslice. good to have tanks that will work with my 101 watt mod. I've been trying to keep my wattage under 100 for versatility and battery life lately.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Even though I have some 75w mods- the highest I go is usually around 30w. Does this burn through juice pretty quick? My sigelei xtank burns through liquid pretty quick. I like that this is a big tank, great for home and hopefully I am not having to refill it every 1/2 hour!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Even though I have some 75w mods- the highest I go is usually around 30w. Does this burn through juice pretty quick? My sigelei xtank burns through liquid pretty quick. I like that this is a big tank, great for home and hopefully I am not having to refill it every 1/2 hour!
it's all relative. for me it burns through kinda quick. about the same as a clieto or TFV4 or baby beast. much less then a TFV8 though lol
the .5ohm coil is rated at 20-50 watts IIRC if you wanted lower watts i'd start with that

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thanks- at least the tank is bigger than all that I have so maybe I will not be constantly refilling! That Is why I love my Nebox- i just have to fill once daily at 30w with a 0.5Ω coil. I just read the review Spinfuel did on this tank! We won a great one! Would you pay $50.00 for this tank if you had to buy it? Wow I had no idea how expensive this tank was.Now I hope the coils will not be expensive and easy to find.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks- at least the tank is bigger than all that I have so maybe I will not be constantly refilling! That Is why I love my Nebox- i just have to fill once daily at 30w with a 0.5Ω coil. I just read the review Spinfuel did on this tank! We won a great one! Would you pay $50.00 for this tank if you had to buy it? Wow I had no idea how expensive this tank was.Now I hope the coils will not be expensive and easy to find.
i found coils for around 2-3 bucks each. they are cheaper then most coils i've seen which is good. I'm used to refilling alot so it's about the same. it's actually smaller then other tanks i've been using like the boreas and TFV8. but 4ml is good enough for me

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Mine gurgles when I vape it, I'm not pulling on it hard, It's odd. I'll wash the top piece out and check it again.

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I washed the whole thing out and let it dry a bit, It fixed the problem. I had juice up under the coil, lame.

meowarrow.jpg

dpruk

Member For 3 Years
The flavour is fantastic on the pure but I find air gathers in-between the coil and chimney just above the wick holes. I even managed to get a dry hit with the max vg juice I'm using (coil Honey Bear Berry) If I take top off and then replace it tilt it the bubbles come up then. Not tried thinner juice yet as all of the juices I use are high or max vg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The flavour is fantastic on the pure but I find air gathers in-between the coil and chimney just above the wick holes. I even managed to get a dry hit with the max vg juice I'm using (coil Honey Bear Berry) If I take top off and then replace it tilt it the bubbles come up then. Not tried thinner juice yet as all of the juices I use are high or max vg
the bubbles come from the 2 holes covered up by the chamber. the chamber should have had 4 holes to match the coil IMO thick juices don't wick as well

dpruk

Member For 3 Years
the air seems to get stuck in-between the top of the 2 holes in the chamber went to the top of the chamber as it is it can create an air pocket. I have thought of extending the 2 hole so there is no ware for air to get trapped but didn't as I am not sure if the top airflow chamber will be just above the 2 holes for the juice

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi @SirRichardRear - where are you buying your "cheap" coils from? I have been waiting for my Fastech order on these coils since 11/26 , they finally shipped on 12/4 and I still don't have them! This was the cheapest place I could find for these coils, but if you know of a different source let me know!
I am still waiting on my Black OBS engine from here too along with the Freemax ceramic coils. I wonder if I will have this stuff by XMas!
Last time, I received my Fasttech order fast ( under 10 days) and beat Gearbest by 2 weeks.Now my Gearbest order has been here over a week and my Fasttech order is in limbo-
I did a search on these coils and most US shops are selling these for around $18.00 per 5 pack. Fasttech had these for around $9.00 per 5 pack.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi @SirRichardRear - where are you buying your "cheap" coils from? I have been waiting for my Fastech order on these coils since 11/26 , they finally shipped on 12/4 and I still don't have them! This was the cheapest place I could find for these coils, but if you know of a different source let me know!
I am still waiting on my Black OBS engine from here too along with the Freemax ceramic coils. I wonder if I will have this stuff by XMas!
Last time, I received my Fasttech order fast ( under 10 days) and beat Gearbest by 2 weeks.Now my Gearbest order has been here over a week and my Fasttech order is in limbo-
I did a search on these coils and most US shops are selling these for around $18.00 per 5 pack. Fasttech had these for around $9.00 per 5 pack.
Fasstech is where I got them. Under 10 bucks for a 5 pack with free shipping. It only took about 10 days for mine to arrive in the mail. Remember this is Xmas time so all mail carriers are swamped and things are taking longer then usual.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Fasstech is where I got them. Under 10 bucks for a 5 pack with free shipping. It only took about 10 days for mine to arrive in the mail. Remember this is Xmas time so all mail carriers are swamped and things are taking longer then usual.

Thanks- that is the best price I found on these coils, plus I used the 10% off code and free shipping USPS pack- which do you like the .25Ω or the .5Ω ? I bought 1 of each, but normally I like .5 in the other coils I use!
Yes, I know the poor USPS are swamped this time of year- LOL, I think that it is funny that my Gearbest stuff that was shipped the same time came last week and now waiting(impatiently) for my Fastech order which hasn't shown any update since 12/4. I will just remember not to get too low on coils before I order again! Maybe US vendors will start having better prices on these in the future- I hope!

Also Congrats on your XTAR win- enjoy!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks- that is the best price I found on these coils, plus I used the 10% off code and free shipping USPS pack- which do you like the .25Ω or the .5Ω ? I bought 1 of each, but normally I like .5 in the other coils I use!
Yes, I know the poor USPS are swamped this time of year- LOL, I think that it is funny that my Gearbest stuff that was shipped the same time came last week and now waiting(impatiently) for my Fastech order which hasn't shown any update since 12/4. I will just remember not to get too low on coils before I order again! Maybe US vendors will start having better prices on these in the future- I hope!

Also Congrats on your XTAR win- enjoy!
It's a crapshoot right now when it comes to shipping. For me I like the .25 coils. The .5 were too weak for me compared to what I'm used to. The .25 were pretty good though

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
It's a crapshoot right now when it comes to shipping. For me I like the .25 coils. The .5 were too weak for me compared to what I'm used to. The .25 were pretty good though

Thanks- I have both on the way! I hope I like the tank, I am waiting for the coils to come before trying it out. Doesn't China have a long holiday coming up soon? Like they are shut down for a few weeks? Yikes!
Oh no Heaven Gifts is having a 30% off sale and just came across this https://www.heavengifts.com/product/80W-Arctic-Dolphin-Adonis-Stabilized-Wood-MOD.html
on sale it is only $115.00, but I can't spend money on myself! I am trying to stay strong as my card is smoking since XMas! I am hoping they still have good sales after the holidays! I have been "wanting a stabwood mod and these can be pretty expensive! Great price though!
The sale is good till January 3- yipee! Looks like this may be in my future!

VU Sponsors