Become a Patron!

Four Mods I Find Interesting

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Haven't seen much discussion here about any of these. Just thought I'd throw this out there and see what shakes loose :)

The UWell Nunchaku 80W

Uwell_Nunchaku_80W.png

Seems like it would be a great pocket mod with the right tank on it. Takes a single 18650. Reviews well, IIRC. I like the clean form factor. I don't really mind the small display, or that it's located at the bottom. I'm not so interested in its successor, the Nunchaku 2, as the "shake to do things" thing does not appeal to me.

The Ehpro Cold Steel 100 120W TC Box MOD

Ehpro_Cold_Steel_100W.jpg

Seems like they should call it a "box/tube mod." Again: Looks like it'd be a great little pocket mod, and, again: Takes a single 18650. Haven't seen many reviews on this one. Some have observed it looks like a golf bag :). I don't mind. (I don't golf, either.)

The Smok Mag Grip

Smok_Mag_Grip.jpg

Looks like the baby brother to the Smok Mag P3, one of which I own and really, really like. But, while the P3 is great for around the house or out in the garage, probably not so much for out and about, as it's big and heavy. The Grip is a similar form factor, but single 18650, thus a lot smaller and lighter. The display up top is an interesting feature. Unfortunately it doesn't share any of the water/dust/impact resistance features of its big brother. I already own a smaller, single-18650 mod, or I might be seriously considering one of these.

The Sigelei Humvee 215

Sigelei_Humvee_215.jpg

My attention was drawn to this one as the result of an advert from one of my preferred on-line vape stores. Looks a bit like a GeekVape Aegis Legend or Wismec Reuleaux Tinker 2 knock-off, except for the interesting screen and up/down button placement. Haven't yet checked to see if there are any reviews of this one. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these.

In fact: I wouldn't mind getting my hands on any of these, truth be told. Unfortunately my "new mod budget" is tapped-out, for now.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Saw that humve last night in an email. I'm pretty interested in that one myself. I'd like to see sigelei finglf their footing again; and, it looks like this would be solid device.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have 2 of the Nunchaku mods, love them, not many 18650 tube regulated mods out there.

I've been eyeing the Cold Steel mod too, been getting really good reviews.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't seen much discussion here about any of these. Just thought I'd throw this out there and see what shakes loose :)

The UWell Nunchaku 80W

Uwell_Nunchaku_80W.png

Seems like it would be a great pocket mod with the right tank on it. Takes a single 18650. Reviews well, IIRC. I like the clean form factor. I don't really mind the small display, or that it's located at the bottom. I'm not so interested in its successor, the Nunchaku 2, as the "shake to do things" thing does not appeal to me.

The Ehpro Cold Steel 100 120W TC Box MOD

Ehpro_Cold_Steel_100W.jpg

Seems like they should call it a "box/tube mod." Again: Looks like it'd be a great little pocket mod, and, again: Takes a single 18650. Haven't seen many reviews on this one. Some have observed it looks like a golf bag :). I don't mind. (I don't golf, either.)

The Smok Mag Grip

Smok_Mag_Grip.jpg

Looks like the baby brother to the Smok Mag P3, one of which I own and really, really like. But, while the P3 is great for around the house or out in the garage, probably not so much for out and about, as it's big and heavy. The Grip is a similar form factor, but single 18650, thus a lot smaller and lighter. The display up top is an interesting feature. Unfortunately it doesn't share any of the water/dust/impact resistance features of its big brother. I already own a smaller, single-18650 mod, or I might be seriously considering one of these.

The Sigelei Humvee 215

Sigelei_Humvee_215.jpg

My attention was drawn to this one as the result of an advert from one of my preferred on-line vape stores. Looks a bit like a GeekVape Aegis Legend or Wismec Reuleaux Tinker 2 knock-off, except for the interesting screen and up/down button placement. Haven't yet checked to see if there are any reviews of this one. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of these.

In fact: I wouldn't mind getting my hands on any of these, truth be told. Unfortunately my "new mod budget" is tapped-out, for now.
I have a used Nunchaku if interested. Tried to sell it a while back and noone wanted it.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have a used Nunchaku if interested. Tried to sell it a while back and noone wanted it.
And I'd like to be able to take it off your hands, but, unfortunately, as I wrote, the "mod budget" is kinda busted for now.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Saw that humve last night in an email. I'm pretty interested in that one myself.
Yup. Of the four, that one looks the most intriguing to me. Though I don't really need another dual-18650 mod. I suppose I could replace my Kaos Z with it. Then again: The Kaos Z wasn't very popular, so I probably couldn't sell it for much. And it does what I need it to do. So...
shrug.gif

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yup. Of the four, that one looks the most intriguing to me. Though I don't really need another dual-18650 mod. I suppose I could replace my Kaos Z with it. Then again: The Kaos Z wasn't very popular, so I probably couldn't sell it for much. And it does what I need it to do. So...
shrug.gif
Hahah
That's when the kaoz gets demoted to backup and the humve becomes a workhorse

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hahah
That's when the kaoz gets demoted to backup and the humve becomes a workhorse
The Kaos Z is already backup. I just recently acquired a Smok Mag P3 :) That's why the "mod budget" is busted atm.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Kaos Z is already backup. I just recently acquired a Smok Mag P3 :) That's why the "mod budget" is busted atm.
I hear ya.. I saw that you had posted about the mag, it looks like a kick ass mod!
My vape budget gets moved to the xmas budget every year from October - January. I just stare st pretty things and drool.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Nunchaku tank and mod are both great, imho. I’ve got two of them and I love them. They have a rebuildable one too.

VU Sponsors