Become a Patron!

Forum Short-Cuts

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have a favorite section of the forum, but miss posts along the way? You can subscribe to specific areas, not just threads.

From the main forum page, find the area you're interested in, such as the Trading Post (woop woop!).

upload_2018-12-28_13-31-17.png

Click on your fave area.

upload_2018-12-28_13-32-45.png

Then choose to watch FORUM at the right side of the section. You can also choose whether or not you want email alerts. it's pretty awesome.

upload_2018-12-28_13-34-13.png

upload_2018-12-28_13-35-15.png

This way, you never ever miss out on one of our member many great offerings!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Need someone's attention, but feeling ignored? TAG them. This is a super handy feature, sends an alert to their timeline. This is especially helpful in areas, such as, a feedback thread, or when asking a specific question. If they have not participated in a thread, they may have no idea you have info for them.

Put an @ before their screen name.

Hi @JuicyLucy, how's the kitties? As opposed to just typing her name. Start their name, the system will pop up with options for who you want. upload_2018-12-28_13-57-43.png
This is super helpful, especially if you're not sure how they spell their screen name, like *ahem* @f1r3b1rd. :wait:

upload_2018-12-28_14-0-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-28_13-59-15.png
    upload_2018-12-28_13-59-15.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2018-12-28_13-59-51.png
    upload_2018-12-28_13-59-51.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 2

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Need someone's attention, but feeling ignored? TAG them. This is a super handy feature, sends an alert to their timeline. This is especially helpful in areas, such as, a feedback thread, or when asking a specific question. If they have not participated in a thread, they may have no idea you have info for them.

Put an @ before their screen name.

Hi @JuicyLucy, how's the kitties? As opposed to just typing her name. Start their name, the system will pop up with options for who you want. View attachment 127790
This is super helpful, especially if you're not sure how they spell their screen name, like *ahem* @f1r3b1rd. :wait:

It works @Huckleberried !

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Your account and profile stuff!! This can be super handy.

This only works on a computer. I rarely use my phone for viewing. Doesn't work on Tapatalk, and really not sure about web view from a phone.

Hover over your screen name at the top right of the forum.

upload_2018-12-28_14-12-23.png

All those options listed, make for quick access to more frequently used links. If you need more detailed information, click on Personal Details. You have tons of options listed, on the left, including the option to change your screen name.

See "Your News Feed" under Your Profile Page? When you click on that, it shows you recent posts made by people that you follow. I've heard a few people ask, "What does following someone do?". I found this one out by happenstance, one day, because I didn't know, either.

Trophies..... no one has been able to answer this question, LOL. I don't know what trophies do for anyone. :wave:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I spell Englishly.. The best englishly since convefe
laughter%20(361).gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Trophies..... no one has been able to answer this question, LOL. I don't know what trophies do for anyone.

Cc7O95rUMAASMDW.jpg
They are so us weirdo types what enjoy reliving the wild carnal pleasures of sticking our tongues into washing machines may relive those experiences. We likes them because we can keeps them on shelves on our walls. You know how severely the F.B.I watches out for our kind around washing machines? Neither do I but I bet they do, they need something to do. Before you ask why, ... consider "because I could." If you could, you would too. It's so satisfying! I'm shuddering remembering it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Cc7O95rUMAASMDW.jpg
They are so us weirdo types what enjoy reliving the wild carnal pleasures of sticking our tongues into washing machines may relive those experiences. We likes them because we can keeps them on shelves on our walls. You know how severely the F.B.I watches out for our kind around washing machines? Neither do I but I bet they do, they need something to do. Before you ask why, ... consider "because I could." If you could, you would too. It's so satisfying! I'm shuddering remembering it.

We are all praying for you, Morley

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do this but still miss some in conversations sometimes. The pc is great but the mobile is a little awkward at times. Really cannot complain since this site is awesome as heck!!!! Love it here and people are so nice! :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oopsie... meant to add, that you could then add a link to your blog as a SIGNATURE LINE! (See post 8 showing how simple that is, too!) Just one super simple, awesome way to share yo stuff. ;)

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might try this after I get my feet going better on DIY. Lol. Probably better for me as a blog on certain things that may come up as well. Thank you! :)

VU Sponsors