Forum search

4King

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi, you should add a search function.
Without a search function, peoples have to navigate to thoudsands of thread to find what they need.
Many like me will just make duplicate thread. We probably have to many duplicate thread in here.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it would be useful if the search allowed us to use wild cards or delivered 'similar' results, esp' in the case of misspellings at either end.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also to search only in the thread you are in, not the entire forum.
Like a search drop down link in the thread that only brings up results from that thread.

Maybe it has it, haven't looked but to search a word and a member name... like head in clouds (auto populate name as you type) then custard as a key word and it will bring up only posts from HIC that have custard in the post forum wide.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Also to search only in the thread you are in, not the entire forum.
Like a search drop down link in the thread that only brings up results from that thread.

Maybe it has it, haven't looked but to search a word and a member name... like head in clouds (auto populate name as you type) then custard as a key word and it will bring up only posts from HIC that have custard in the post forum wide.

it does have it.. as many recipes as i have popped up, it helps me to keep track of what all i have posted..
i hate double posting :D

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah, there you go.
Screenshot_2014-12-13-06-17-20.png

Now a thread tool to do a easy search in the thread your in. Say in the orchid modification thread you remember someone finding replacement screws and a link posted but you don't want to turn through 100+ posts so you search "screw" in that thread.
You can kind of do that in the main search by drilling down through the drop down list but there are tons of sub forums listed and i think the furthest you can drill down would be rebuildable atomizer sub forum, not that specific thread.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah, there you go.
View attachment 10335

Now a thread tool to do a easy search in the thread your in. Say in the orchid modification thread you remember someone finding replacement screws and a link posted but you don't want to turn through 100+ posts so you search "screw" in that thread.
You can kind of do that in the main search by drilling down through the drop down list but there are tons of sub forums listed and i think the furthest you can drill down would be rebuildable atomizer sub forum, not that specific thread.
Well you sort of can via Google. You type site: followed by pasting in the thread's url [then leave a space] and type the search criteria.
like this:

site:http://vapingunderground.com/threads/orchid-modification-thread.20819/ screw

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, lot's of ways to skin a cat:)
It is a nice shortcut to have but may not be an option with this forums... system? not sure what you would call it.

Like this
Screenshot_2014-12-13-08-22-36.png

Woo hoo! It's Saturday! Just sayin :D

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Interesting idea! I'm not knowledgable enough on the tech to respond, but I'll tag someone that is..... @LucidiousRage - is this possible?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you get into the technical stuff, you would be known as Techie Tyger:D

VU Sponsors