Become a Patron!

For those of you who have used both a Kayfun Lite + V2 and a Nautilus ...

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
... which do you find to be more efficient? In other words, which goes through juice less quickly?

D

Donald Bickers

I have a kayfun lite from angels and a nautilus,the kayfun is a hog but you also have to look at the hits you get
IMO kayfun kicks ass over the nautilus,,but that's just IMO

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yea.. i mean they are different breeds and not really on the same level - a RBA will always go through juice quicker than a regular tank... but you are also getting way more flavor from the Kayfun... I would always choose the kayfun over any clearomizer - but thats just me.

And you also need to figure out if rebuilding is too much of a hassle for you... with the kayfun, if you need to rewick it or rebuild the wire, you have to drain the tank every time.. which can be annoying. especially if something goes wrong and it just stops firing

I just had my friend at work switch to a RBA (RSST) a few days ago and he said theres no way he can go back to a protank style tank.. the flavor difference is just way too noticeable. He's getting a kayfun this week so it appears he's already hooked.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for your responses, Donald and VapedCrusader. I have been following some YouTube 'tutorials" and think I should be able to manage building / rebuilding single coil wicks. I will probably have to weigh the costs between replacing clearomizer coil heads vs. replenishing juice more frequently before I make a more wholehearted dive into RBAs.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for your responses, Donald and VapedCrusader. I have been following some YouTube 'tutorials" and think I should be able to manage building / rebuilding single coil wicks. I will probably have to weigh the costs between replacing clearomizer coil heads vs. replenishing juice more frequently before I make a more wholehearted dive into RBAs.

It's not as bad as you think... I think the cost of replacement heads will be more but let me know how the math works out..

What you can do is buy your juice in bigger bottles to save on the cost as well.. Or look for some cheaper juice vendors (not sure where you order from now) but I was spending way too much on replacement heads especially when they either lasted for 1-3 days, or a week.. it was so inconsistent. The cost of wick/wire is so minimal - I got a 500ft box of rayon cotton and it will last me for a few years I assume lol.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My opinion is totally different LOL I recently bought a Nautilus mini with BVC coils - it far outweighed my EH Pro Kayfun in flavor. So much so that I sold the Kayfun. I use Reos with BF attys, so it amazes me there's actually a tank that comes close in flavor to an RDA. Also, in my experience, the BVC coils go through juice very fast - maybe because the flavor is so good I can't stop vaping it....:D

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am thinking that the difference in liquid consumption and what you save on purchasing heads may make the Kayfuns a wash cost wise.

But IMHO, the flavor and vapor is much better.

And once you get used to building them it becomes a non issue.

Especially considering that if you build a proper coil to begin with, you just have to do a dry burn every couple of tanks and replace only the wick.

vapopat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Makin the coil to my liking is a big plus for me and if you're short on juice you might like to try yaeliq 100ml/18$ and 10$ for monthly deal every first of the month I place an order I'm now having so much juice that I give it to my friend wire and cotton are cheap too and if you think you're going through bottle quick wait till you get into dripping but the taste my .....lol hope it help ho and by the way new bvc coil cost like 25$/5 and you never know how long they last I have both and I really prefer my megatank over my nautilus for all day and after job I rush home to my 4 nine+still are for dripping ;)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had the Nautilus (2 actually) and they both went through juice and batteries like crazy. Flavor was very cool and muted. And I found the afc to be useless. KFL+ v2 has great flavor and with a respectable build does not go through juice fast at all.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the Nautilus (2 actually) and they both went through juice and batteries like crazy. Flavor was very cool and muted. And I found the afc to be useless. KFL+ v2 has great flavor and with a respectable build does not go through juice fast at all.

Out of interest, did you have the bvc coils, or the original coils?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, whole different ballgame, so I'm told (I never tried the original ones). I use RDAs exclusively, and I'm blown away by the flavor from the BVCs!

Yeah I have heard that. Just don't wanna get back in the clearo game. I liquidated my whole clearo collection with the exception of two for emergencies. I use Kayfuns and IBTanked carto tanks.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I hear you - I did the same thing, and kept some IB Tanks also - which I was using less and less. But I still have my Provari, and I was really disappointed with the Kayfun (I found the Fogger much better), so.....bingo - a clearo that's better than a cartotank - pretty amazing!

Last edited:

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a nautilus, and juice consumption isn't too bad for me, and I'm also still on the two original heads that came with it. And that's after using it for over a month,so maybe I have been lucky. I did manage to try a kayfun at the vape shop and he just happened to have the same juice I use in the tank,it was on top of a Hana mod,and the flavor difference was amazing. I see having one of these and a fogger v4 in the very near future.

Jay9055

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw you can build the same coils from the BVC on a Kayfun/Russian just google vertical coil on Kayfun. You will get the same flavor without the gritty wick.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw you can build the same coils from the BVC on a Kayfun/Russian just google vertical coil on Kayfun. You will get the same flavor without the gritty wick.

Have you tried it and compared them side by side? I tried one on the Kayfun, and it still didn't match up!

Jay9055

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I have a nautty that I use at work and I admit it is very good. I took one apart after it died and the wick was gritty which concerns me a bit (but we did smoke) but as far as flavor they are about equal if you get the wicking right.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It may be because I use such a low percentage of flavoring in my DIY. I can't even taste my mixes in other tanks, but they shine in an RDA. I could taste them in the Fogger but not the Kayfun. Who knows - in any event, these new BVC coils are fabulous for making use of my Provari again LOL

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One tip make sure you build the coil to the same specs as the nautty (resistance).

It's sold now, but I must have been running it around 1.5 or so because it was on the Provari! I'm using a 1.6 BVC coil, but I can turn it up to 5+ volts - which I could not on the Kayfun without burning.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My Nautilus is ok. My Kayfuns at .9 to 1 ohm @ 16 watts keeps me happy. Great flavor and vapor. I did try the new BVC coil on a mini Nautilus at my B&M, it just didn't do it for me.

Jay9055

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's sold now, but I must have been running it around 1.5 or so because it was on the Provari! I'm using a 1.6 BVC coil, but I can turn it up to 5+ volts - which I could not on the Kayfun without burning.

Yes that's for sure a wicking issue ( it burns because enough juice was not getting to the coil fast enough.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm using bvc coils in my regular nautilus. It's a huge improvement over the bdc coils. Hugggeeeeeee. I still get a bit better flavor and vapor out of my kayfuns and variants. RTAs aren't for everyone though. If you'd rather just unscrew the old coil and screw a new one in, then the nautilus would be a better choice. If you don't mind tinkering and figuring things out, then rtas are up your alley. There is a learning curve, so be prepared to put in a little time before you get it right, but when you do you'll be much happier. You'll save money in the long run and won't be dependent on someone else to do the work for you. It may be the better decision in the long run if the worst case fda scenario happens.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Makin the coil to my liking is a big plus for me and if you're short on juice you might like to try yaeliq 100ml/18$ and 10$ for monthly deal every first of the month I place an order I'm now having so much juice that I give it to my friend wire and cotton are cheap too and if you think you're going through bottle quick wait till you get into dripping but the taste my .....lol hope it help ho and by the way new bvc coil cost like 25$/5 and you never know how long they last I have both and I really prefer my megatank over my nautilus for all day and after job I rush home to my 4 nine+still are for dripping ;)

only thing that threw me from ordering is the crazy shipping costs.. it almost makes it so its the same price as the higher end vendors in the states.. it was like 10-15$ i believe just for the shipping

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

also how long does it take for you to receive your orders from him?

vapopat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here it cost me 10$ shipping this month I bought 600ml plus 5 booster3$/ plus shipping 92$ Canadian dollars here it 30 ml/20$ so it really cheap for me I would have like 120 ml instead

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here it cost me 10$ shipping this month I bought 600ml plus 5 booster3$/ plus shipping 92$ Canadian dollars here it 30 ml/20$ so it really cheap for me I would have like 120 ml instead

is the flavor booster necessary? Thats another thing that kind of drives me crazy... the juice by default should have plenty of flavor already.. I hate the idea of flavor shots.. nothing worse than ordering it straight up, and then realizing you needed the boost.. and then u have to re-order.. pain in the ass. 17 days is a long time lol - does it take longer because u are in Canada?

vapopat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The wait doesn't matter me at that price some juice from us take the same time might be the custom cause all trough Canada it 4 days max

vapopat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I ask info twice about the booster no answer but I know that before we could adjust sour/sweet/mint/cool so he might a gotten to big mess with all that and put booster instead

VU Sponsors