Become a Patron!

For newbies wanting to make their own juice (links included)

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:v yes i only recently turned 21, but i've lived alone since my father died in june, and being as this is now my house, i can drink at any age i please.

i re use bottles because i dont feel like ordering them and waiting a week to get them, im impatient.

And i use 9 mils of flavoring more often that not.

Also, i wasnt born with a silver spoon :v i work a 7 am to 2 pm job, then a second 3 pm to 10/11 pm job. After finding a body in your house, you try to stay busy yaknow? But hey, my few posts on this site have been met with basically " i can do it better" and general assholedness, so i think imma just go back to smoking. Y'all have a great time shunning people who arent as "advanced" as you seem to think you are. Tho my time here has really helped me understand why people think vapers are a bunch of stuck up cunts, so hey, learned something new. so not a total loss?

TL/DR
Salty, gonna go have a smoke, GGimout.

Well, that's unfortunate (about your father, I mean).

Well, that's cool that you work; many of do as well. It's part of being a grown up. Yes, I do know.

I haven't saw that at all, on any of your posts. When people respond to your messages, they're telling you what they do, what they think might be a better option and providing you with free advice. Please note, when posting on a public forum; you will get all sorts of answers. Some may be helpful, others less so, some positive and some negative. That's the nature of the beast.

Wow, you sure went back to smoking pretty quick and easily. I haven't shunned anyone at all, and I don't certainly think that I'm "advanced". You're gonna need thicker skin, kid; if you're wanting to hang out on internet forums.

I've yet to see anyone here be "stuck up cunts". People here are pretty helpful and considerate, at least that's what I've seen in my time here. Though, I can see why your experience may be different.

PS-I've smoked for 16 years, out of my 26 years of life, 2 packs ($32-$35) a day for 12 years. I quit two months ago. If I smoked for that long and that much; haven't went back to it, then I'm sure you can stay off of 'em. Maybe not, I don't know.

Anyway, do what you wanna do.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PS Kid-You didn't answer my question, about me wanting to buy your brand of cool and popular juice.

I wanna buy some off of you and try it.

So let me do so.

KittyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Why would you create an entirely new thread on this when it has already been done so meticulously already by SEASONED DIY'ers? Look, I am sure that your Mom tells you how awesome you are but none of this was any help for me-JS-LOL-SMH and all that crap. Most of us were smoking long before you were born and have chosen to quit for one reason or another. Since money is no object can I be reimbursed for the time you have taken from me? I am off for a more intelligent conversation with my pre-school aged grandchildren. :mad:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would you create an entirely new thread on this when it has already been done so meticulously already by SEASONED DIY'ers? Look, I am sure that your Mom tells you how awesome you are but none of this was any help for me-JS-LOL-SMH and all that crap. Most of us were smoking long before you were born and have chosen to quit for one reason or another. Since money is no object can I be reimbursed for the time you have taken from me? I am off for a more intelligent conversation with my pre-school aged grandchildren. :mad:

LOL.

You'll fit right in here at VU. Haven't mixed anything yet yourself, but ya got your opinions any how.

I'll let you in on a little secret. There was no false information in the OP.

KittyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
WAIT I gleaned a bit of helpful info after all! I can get labels for bottles at Wal-Mart. Now what in tarnation would those people down at the Wal-Mart be doing selling labels?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I was selling flavoring for a living, I'd put a shelf life on it. Just sayin". I've seen very very few complaints of flavoring going bad. None of mine have.

I agree with you that the shelf life of flavoring is understated but I definitely have had flavoring lose it's potency. I won't say it went bad because flavoring doesn't really spoil or go rancid but it didn't work well either.

I can only explain what the cheapest route is overall. Even if a person finds he/she doesn't like one flavor, they've saved money if they bought the larger amount over the 8ml bottles because they have to reorder all of the ones they did like. In other words, the $1.49 is wasted for all the flavors that have to be reordered + shipping in many cases. And it's nice to have the flavor they didn't like on hand so that if a recipe that looks good uses that flavor, you still have it. Or, they can sell it, PIF it, or toss it. The money saved by skipping the 8ml bottles will more than make up for it.

I don't see reordering being much of an issue really, unless of course, you were able to buy the complete lineup from all the flavoring vendors all at once and assume that they will never release any new flavors in the future. Otherwise it's simply a given and just something you need to do periodically anyway. Besides, if it's a flavoring I like, I haven't wasted 1.49$ on anything because I've already used it up and now have a nice empty glass vial to use elsewhere as a bonus! The same can't be said for 30 mls or more of flavoring I despise however. In the unlikely event I do manage to find a recipe I'd like to try that calls for one of those flavors later on, I'd much rather have only 8 mls of it sitting around waiting for that blue moon to occur. :)

I can only speak to my experience regarding any savings yet that is exactly why I posted in the first place. I was hoping that doing so might save someone some money. I have purchased just about every single TFA flavor out there at one time or another so using that as an example, let's do the math. I'll round the numbers up or down depending on which favors your position.

Okay so let's say I've purchased 150 flavors @ 1.49$ a piece ( I've actually purchased more but that seems like an adequate number to use in this example ).

150 x 1.49$ = 223.50$
150 x 3.95$ = 592.50$ ( 3.95$ being the cost for 30 ml )

Unfortunately, there was only about 30 out of all those flavors ( and I'm being generous here ) that I reordered more of so taking that into account the total would be adjusted accordingly ...

30 x 1.49$ = 44.70$
592.50$ - 44.70$ = 547.80$

So what's the difference here?

547.80$ - 223.50$ = 324.30$ saved by not buying the larger amount of flavoring on flavors I won't reorder. Of course you can argue that perhaps I should have been more selective but I don't know how you would know for sure unless you have tried a particular flavor for yourself.

I consider that to be a fairly decent reason to avoiding buying the larger quantities of flavors that I don't know if I will like or not. Maybe your math works differently for you ...

My experience only of course and I know you don't see it the same way but no worries, that's one of the nice things about DIY, there isn't just one way to do things, everyone is free to proceed with whatever method works best for them. :)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just like it's good to mix a small batch before making a big batch, there is nothing wrong with buying a small bottle of flavoring to test it before buying a bigger bottle that you know you will use. Although, I have found that the number of reviews and the rating of an item can be a pretty good starting point on deciding how worthwhile a flavor is.

Don't let people bother you. It's the internet, it's global and people come from all over the world. What one person percieves as a rude reply may not be considered rude to somebody else. We all live in different parts of the world and grew up in different cultures and environments.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with you that the shelf life of flavoring is understated but I definitely have had flavoring lose it's potency. I won't say it went bad because flavoring doesn't really spoil or go rancid but it didn't work well either.

I don't see reordering being much of an issue really, unless of course, you were able to buy the complete lineup from all the flavoring vendors all at once and assume that they will never release any new flavors in the future. Otherwise it's simply a given and just something you need to do periodically anyway. Besides, if it's a flavoring I like, I haven't wasted 1.49$ on anything because I've already used it up and now have a nice empty glass vial to use elsewhere as a bonus! The same can't be said for 30 mls or more of flavoring I despise however. In the unlikely event I do manage to find a recipe I'd like to try that calls for one of those flavors later on, I'd much rather have only 8 mls of it sitting around waiting for that blue moon to occur. :)

I can only speak to my experience regarding any savings yet that is exactly why I posted in the first place. I was hoping that doing so might save someone some money. I have purchased just about every single TFA flavor out there at one time or another so using that as an example, let's do the math. I'll round the numbers up or down depending on which favors your position.

Okay so let's say I've purchased 150 flavors @ 1.49$ a piece ( I've actually purchased more but that seems like an adequate number to use in this example ).

150 x 1.49$ = 223.50$
150 x 3.95$ = 592.50$ ( 3.95$ being the cost for 30 ml )

Unfortunately, there was only about 30 out of all those flavors ( and I'm being generous here ) that I reordered more of so taking that into account the total would be adjusted accordingly ...

30 x 1.49$ = 44.70$
592.50$ - 44.70$ = 547.80$

So what's the difference here?

547.80$ - 223.50$ = 324.30$ saved by not buying the larger amount of flavoring on flavors I won't reorder. Of course you can argue that perhaps I should have been more selective but I don't know how you would know for sure unless you have tried a particular flavor for yourself.

I consider that to be a fairly decent reason to avoiding buying the larger quantities of flavors that I don't know if I will like or not. Maybe your math works differently for you ...

My experience only of course and I know you don't see it the same way but no worries, that's one of the nice things about DIY, there isn't just one way to do things, everyone is free to proceed with whatever method works best for them. :)

My math would be much different. This is going to sound a bit smart ass-ish but I don't know of a less direct way to say it. It's 2016. As @zaroba has pointed out, there are now plenty of reviews and ratings to go by. I have not tried 150 TFA flavors. I'm not trying to test them all.

While it's purely subjective on my part, the vast majority of new DIY'ers seem to be finding the recipes they are interested in and starting there. I've also been noticing allot of new VU members comming on board saying they've been making their own for some time. They didn't learn it here. So, while I understand that most older active members here still suggest the methods used just a few short years ago, I'd call it 'old school'. While for some, testing every flavor made might appeal to them as a hobby, allot of people just want to save money and make good juice. They find recipes. They buy them from HIC. They don't need to test 150 TFA's to make an HIC recipe.

I understand that your experience is different. If I was going to suggest that new DIY'er start out by testing 150 TFA's, I'd be inclined to agree with your math. And if they were looking to be the next HIC, that would be the best route for them. But if they post that they decided to to DIY to save money, I'd recommend they limit they're purchases. Find flavors and recipes that appeal to them. Use reviews and ratings. That sort of thing. I certainly wouldn't suggest they buy 150 flavors and throw 120 of them away.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
WAIT I gleaned a bit of helpful info after all! I can get labels for bottles at Wal-Mart. Now what in tarnation would those people down at the Wal-Mart be doing selling labels?
the labels I got at wally world left a sticky residue on my bottles, a real PITA to clean. I've switched to painters tape until I come across something better.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Walmart actually has some Avery labels that peel off with no residue, I really like them. But I'm very familiar with the ones you're talking about. On glass bottles, it comes off easily with some acetone on a cotton ball. On plastic, I just let them soak in the soapy bleach water I clean my vape stuff in and it rubs off fairly easily.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
the residue from these labels really really stick. I'll look for the avery ones :)

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay so I'll respond with these last few comments and then I'll bow out folks, I promise. :)

My math would be much different. This is going to sound a bit smart ass-ish but I don't know of a less direct way to say it. It's 2016. As @zaroba has pointed out, there are now plenty of reviews and ratings to go by. I have not tried 150 TFA flavors. I'm not trying to test them all.

What does it being 2016 have to do with anything? Don't bother answering that as it wasn't really a question. You can call it old school if you wish, it doesn't change anything or somehow make it wrong. I will agree that you might be able to make it somewhat less risky by following recommendations and reviews but how useful they actually are to one's personal palette is debatable. A lot of folks love CAP Vanilla Custard ( V1 & V2 ) but for me, it can only be used in low percentages and even then only occasionally.

While it's purely subjective on my part, the vast majority of new DIY'ers seem to be finding the recipes they are interested in and starting there.

I personally think that is a very good approach and that's exactly what I would recommend. I never suggested otherwise or that they should follow my example. My original comment in this thread pertained only to the OP's post and his suggestion that they start off buying a handful of random 30 ml flavors.

But if they post that they decided to to DIY to save money, I'd recommend they limit they're purchases. Find flavors and recipes that appeal to them. Use reviews and ratings. That sort of thing. I certainly wouldn't suggest they buy 150 flavors and throw 120 of them away.

Fair enough and really that's all I was suggesting as well, we only differ on the amounts.

Btw, I never said I threw away 120 flavors, I just said I wouldn't reorder them. As you yourself mentioned, maybe one day some of them will prove more useful, probably not but given the small investment, I'm not out that much. The fact is, all of them sounded good to me at the time and I fully expected to use them. I even purchased the vast majority of them for the purposes of following a recipe I had seen posted. Granted a few of them I just picked up because I wanted to see what the flavor was like but again, I didn't feel like I was risking that much at 1.49$ a pop. I sure am glad I didn't buy them in larger quantities however! :D

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My original comment in this thread pertained only to the OP's post and his suggestion that they start off buying a handful of random 30 ml flavors.

I don't think the OP used the word 'random'.

Anyway, it's your money. I try to keep as much of mine as possible. It's the reason I quit smoking. It's the reason I started DIY.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are buying all your stuff at wizard labs.

Most of us that have been doing DIY for awhile, shop around. Were I going to use only ONE place, it would be ECX. But that would not be a great price for me either.

A 30 mil doesn't cost me a dollar to make, just saying.
I want to try out diy. so what sites do you recommend. Gonna be researching into this all info is appreciated.

KittyVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I want to try out diy. so what sites do you recommend. Gonna be researching into this all info is appreciated.
Best thing to do is go to the DIY section in the forums and you will find all the supply vendors info there. Good luck!

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:v yes i only recently turned 21, but i've lived alone since my father died in june, and being as this is now my house, i can drink at any age i please.

i re use bottles because i dont feel like ordering them and waiting a week to get them, im impatient.

And i use 9 mils of flavoring more often that not.

Also, i wasnt born with a silver spoon :v i work a 7 am to 2 pm job, then a second 3 pm to 10/11 pm job. After finding a body in your house, you try to stay busy yaknow? But hey, my few posts on this site have been met with basically " i can do it better" and general assholedness, so i think imma just go back to smoking. Y'all have a great time shunning people who arent as "advanced" as you seem to think you are. Tho my time here has really helped me understand why people think vapers are a bunch of stuck up cunts, so hey, learned something new. so not a total loss?

TL/DR
Salty, gonna go have a smoke, GGimout.
Sorry to hear about your father. Lost mine in april still missing him. Hope you find peace. I hit the bottle too for a bit but got out of it thankfully.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Follow the link I posted on the first page of this thread, it's very informative.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
TY yes it was sudden. People really dont understand unless they have gone through it themselves. I now its a way of life just sucks best way to sum it up.
I've been through that with my Dad and Step Mom. Sudden, no way expected. It's 10 years later and it still sucks, but easier, I guess. I would never want to sound like I'm diminishing anyone's pain. Everyone's pain in dealing with loss is a very personal thing. You heal in your time, no one else's. May your god bless you.

But back to the DIY stuff, the link Teresa mentioned is a really good start.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We have a DIY section with this question answered 10 ways to Sunday.

For PG/VG Essentials Depot is a common place DIYers go.
For flavors Nicotine River, ECX, Bull City Vapers, etc.
You just have to do your homework. Lots of choices, lots of deals.

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have a DIY section with this question answered 10 ways to Sunday.

For PG/VG Essentials Depot is a common place DIYers go.
For flavors Nicotine River, ECX, Bull City Vapers, etc.
You just have to do your homework. Lots of choices, lots of deals.
TY for your reply I have been scouring the diy section and man there is a lot of information. Took notes lost them. Retaking notes. Never would of thought there could be so much to go into a little bottle of vape. But hey I'm liking it. Met alot of nice people with good information.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
TY for your reply I have been scouring the diy section and man there is a lot of information. Took notes lost them. Retaking notes. Never would of thought there could be so much to go into a little bottle of vape. But hey I'm liking it. Met alot of nice people with good information.
In case you didn't catch these in your note taking, here are some coupon codes to save some coin:
Bull City Vapers- VU6 saves you 6% on your order and they have free shipping on orders over $74.99.
ecigexpress- UNDERGROUND10 saves 10% and free shipping on orders over $49.99

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In case you didn't catch these in your note taking, here are some coupon codes to save some coin:
Bull City Vapers- VU6 saves you 6% on your order and they have free shipping on orders over $74.99.
ecigexpress- UNDERGROUND10 saves 10% and free shipping on orders over $49.99
wrote em down ty for the reply and info...

tophersaboss

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is the purpose of pg ? Can't I just use vg and flavors ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the purpose of pg ? Can't I just use vg and flavors ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pg is thinner than vg. pg carries the flavor better then vg. vg produces a thicker cloud an to me smoother cloud. its a preference thing. me 20pg/80vg is my likes

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
PG thins your juice, as some tanks and coils do not work well with higher VG juices.
PG is also a flavor carrier. High VG can mute flavors.
PG also gives throat hit.
PG is also a anti-microbial.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the killer prices on 60ml they have at Nicotine River, I've started "collecting" more of the ones I like to keep in the freezer.
Teresa P,,

1==THANKS FOR THE nicriver website!

i noticed their prices are quite a bit lower for FA than i have seen elsewhere,, would you use them just the same in Head in the Clouds recipes? i wondered if he was using a more concentrated version.

if you are using your own recipes,, what is your 'starting' % if i may ask,, i have never just bought flavors from a website.. (mostly Lorann & SweetLeaf products)..

and last question.....(i dont want tobacco flavors) if you could only pick 5 or 10 flavors to mix or stand alone,, what would you pick? are there any stand alones that FA makes that you like 'as is'.

huge thanks.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Teresa P,,

1==THANKS FOR THE nicriver website!

i noticed their prices are quite a bit lower for FA than i have seen elsewhere,, would you use them just the same in Head in the Clouds recipes? i wondered if he was using a more concentrated version.

if you are using your own recipes,, what is your 'starting' % if i may ask,, i have never just bought flavors from a website.. (mostly Lorann & SweetLeaf products)..

and last question.....(i dont want tobacco flavors) if you could only pick 5 or 10 flavors to mix or stand alone,, what would you pick? are there any stand alones that FA makes that you like 'as is'.

huge thanks.
You're most welcome! I do love a bargain....lol!
HIC uses the same FA flavorings we do, no difference in concentration, so the percentages listed in his recipes are the ones we follow. There are an isolated few who prefer theirs a bit stronger and do use a tad more flavor, but not many.
I don't think I've ever used a FlavourArt flavoring at more than 4% in a mix, and even that is considered a tad high. Most can be used with other flavors at 2% or less.
I suppose if I had to choose one FA flavor as a standalone, it would be their espresso, which is wonderful at 2% (just my taste). Glory is also good at 2-3%. As far as FA flavors I primarily mix with, I suppose the "staples" for me would be vanilla classic, Vienna cream, meringue, cookie, coconut, caramel, butterscotch, and marzipan. I have many more, but I use these most often.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're most welcome! I do love a bargain....lol!
HIC uses the same FA flavorings we do, no difference in concentration, so the percentages listed in his recipes are the ones we follow. There are an isolated few who prefer theirs a bit stronger and do use a tad more flavor, but not many.
I don't think I've ever used a FlavourArt flavoring at more than 4% in a mix, and even that is considered a tad high. Most can be used with other flavors at 2% or less.
I suppose if I had to choose one FA flavor as a standalone, it would be their espresso, which is wonderful at 2% (just my taste). Glory is also good at 2-3%. As far as FA flavors I primarily mix with, I suppose the "staples" for me would be vanilla classic, Vienna cream, meringue, cookie, coconut, caramel, butterscotch, and marzipan. I have many more, but I use these most often.
huge thanks again Teresa,, your favor profile is very close to my own.

Well, what I have been doing is buying a 1000ML VG/PG 1.5ML Nic base from DIY Eliquid Supplies (under $30) and whatever flavors from whomever has anything I fancy, and experiment with receipes myself. Compared to the $15 per 30ML I was spending before (and going through about a bottle and 1/2 a day), my "smoking" habit has become extremely affordable and satisfying. Still, always willing to see ways to more savings.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still, always willing to see ways to more savings.

You can save a bunch of $$ if you buy in volume and mix your base yourself.

Ron
---
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney

mr vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are buying all your stuff at wizard labs.

Most of us that have been doing DIY for awhile, shop around. Were I going to use only ONE place, it would be ECX. But that would not be a great price for me either.

A 30 mil doesn't cost me a dollar to make, just saying.
I think I'm gonna start diy where do you recommend buy all my stuff without braking the bank, it doesn't have to be all in one place, i mean it will be convenient, but like you said you shop around, thanks in advance

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I'm gonna start diy where do you recommend buy all my stuff without braking the bank, it doesn't have to be all in one place, i mean it will be convenient, but like you said you shop around, thanks in advance
Assuming you're in the US:

ECX http://www.ecigexpress.com/ Flavors, nic, VG, PG, other supplies. Coupon code Underground10 for 10% off
Bull City Vapor http://www.bullcityvapor.com/ Flavors, VG, PG, other supplies. They don't sell nic due to ridiculous law in NC where they are based. Coupon code VU6 for 6% off.
Vaperstek http://www.vaperstek.org/ nic, flavors, other supplies
Nicotine River https://www.nicotineriver.com/ Nic, large size flavors, VG, PG, other supplies
Nude Nicotine https://www.nudenicotine.com/ Nic, VG based flavors, VG, PG, other supplies
There are others out there, just look around here in the forums.

To keep from breaking the bank when choosing flavors, find a few recipes that sound interesting and just buy the flavors needed to make those recipes.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks a lot bro and yes i live in ohio
For flavors/nic, it was pretty well covered.

I do buy my vg/pg from essentials depot. I buy the glycube, that has 3 gallons of VG and one gallon of PG.

I go through 210+ mils a week of juice, and my wife about 8 mils. Just to give you an idea of my consumption.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Best to buy the smaller bottles of flavoring until you find the ones you really like, 10ml is typical, but CAP is 13ml.

mr vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best to buy the smaller bottles of flavoring until you find the ones you really like, 10ml is typical, but CAP is 13ml.
Question: i vape at 3-6 mg nic I'm ordering my vg/pg and nicotine ok, when i look up nic at nicotineriver.com it gives me the options from 3 mg to 36 mg, the question is can i order lets say 24 mg nic and use less on my recipe? Or should order 6 mg ????
My second question is that the nic comes in diferent %, i like 70/30, should i order 100% vg nicotine @3% nic and i dont have to worry about mixing vg and nicotine and use that as my vg????
Or should i order separate vg, pg, nic 3 or 6 % and flavors, i think those are all the chemicals i need right?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Question: i vape at 3-6 mg nic I'm ordering my vg/pg and nicotine ok, when i look up nic at nicotineriver.com it gives me the options from 3 mg to 36 mg, the question is can i order lets say 24 mg nic and use less on my recipe? Or should order 6 mg ????
My second question is that the nic comes in diferent %, i like 70/30, should i order 100% vg nicotine @3% nic and i dont have to worry about mixing vg and nicotine and use that as my vg????
Or should i order separate vg, pg, nic 3 or 6 % and flavors, i think those are all the chemicals i need right?
You can order any way your prefer, above 3mg, if that's what you're shooting for. I get my nic 100mg in PG, not only because I'm a high PG vaper, but I've always heard it's easier to work with. I also buy separate VG and PG. Chances are, you'll need a little of both of those, anyway, to get your target ratio.

mr vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can order any way your prefer, above 3mg, if that's what you're shooting for. I get my nic 100mg in PG, not only because I'm a high PG vaper, but I've always heard it's easier to work with. I also buy separate VG and PG. Chances are, you'll need a little of both of those, anyway, to get your target ratio.
Thanks bro

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I buy the 100mg NIC in PG and dilute it down to 50mg to work with.
Also buy 1 gal of PG + 1gal VG separately.

But you can buy pre-mix base to whatever Ratio & NIC you like.
Just keep in mind adding 10% flavoring will change the final PG/VG ratio.
And lower the NIC just a bit.
Or some even use 20% flavoring total and will have a bigger effect.

Just kind-of locks you in to the NIC level, and I might want to go higher or lower.
Or if/when you make any juice for others that want different NIC level.

If your using higher VG nothing wrong with buying NIC in VG base.
Just be sure to shake it well, especially coming out of the freezer or fridge.

mr vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I buy the 100mg NIC in PG and dilute it down to 50mg to work with.
Also buy 1 gal of PG + 1gal VG separately.

But you can buy pre-mix base to whatever Ratio & NIC you like.
Just keep in mind adding 10% flavoring will change the final PG/VG ratio.
And lower the NIC just a bit.
Or some even use 20% flavoring total and will have a bigger effect.

Just kind-of locks you in to the NIC level, and I might want to go higher or lower.
Or if/when you make any juice for others that want different NIC level.

If your using higher VG nothing wrong with buying NIC in VG base.
Just be sure to shake it well, especially coming out of the freezer or fridge.
Thanks a lot very informative cos is my first time making juice, i have a general idea from all that i read here and i downloaded some apps its just a little confusing but i think i got it figured out

VU Sponsors