Fogger 4.1 with ReadyXWick question

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For those of you who use the Fogger 4.1 with ReadyXWick, do you minimize leaking by placing the ends in the channels or on top of the channels?

I had a bit of leaking trying to top fill - possibly because I only covered one air hole with my finger, not both. But I wanted to ask the question anyway.

Here's my set-up
wick.jpg

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
By the way, big thanks to @PondScum for helping me with my wicking issues.

Pics of his set-up on a similar deck (Aqua Clone), courtesy of him ...
10696414_786803708038372_7457771464084582833_n.jpg

10671333_786808141371262_4261069605481413221_n.jpg

I ended up using 2mm ReadyXWick, and let the ends run through the entire length of the juice channels. Sayonara to the leaking, and the Fogger 4.1 is working great.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@moecat - where's your after picture? :)

So the wick needs to be that long to cover all the holes? And it doesn't leak anymore?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@moecat - where's your after picture? :)

So the wick needs to be that long to cover all the holes? And it doesn't leak anymore?
@bystander ... if you look at @PondScum 's picture with the cap closed, imagine the wicks cut off at the bottom of the cap. That's how mine is set up.

In other words, I do run the wicks the length of the juice channels.

PondScum

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
The thing I try remember about RXW, is to try and keep the wick as free and relaxed as you can so the liquid flows well.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks - so you give it a little slack so it soaks up as much juice as possible... right?

PondScum

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
It wicks liquid by following the woven channels. When you restrict that flow you can have issue, you have to learn by a little playing around with it, but when you hit that sweet spot, solid vapor and you cannot beat the flavor with anything out there.

VU Sponsors