Become a Patron!

"Flushing" flavors

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is there any good way to "flush" a flavor from the tank? I'm using an Alien kit with a Baby Beast. I recently tried a candy cane juice, which I really like, but now when I try using any other juice, the leftover minty-ness lingers and affects the flavor of other juices. I tried rinsing it in water and blotting it with a paper towel, to no avail. Any ideas, or is it just a matter of using it until it finally disburses?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've never found a successful method for removing mint, menthol, anise, or tobacco. If you have another mint juice I would recommend you use this tank for it.

Normal cleaning methods... good soak and rinse out under hot water.
Some soak in Vodka
Some soak in Vinegar

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've had success before, but BE SURE to rinse the tank really well. I mixed a small amount of baking soda in water, let the tank soak for a good while(hopefully you have a back up tank to vape), then rinse super, super well. When you think you've rinsed it thoroughly, RINSE IT SOME MORE, lol. After that, totally up to you, but you can then soak it in a very dilute dish liquid.

Not your coil, don't do the coil. Scrap that one.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Maybe boiling it? I've done that with great success with other flavors, though I dunno how effective it would be with a mint flavor.

Andria

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I forgot who but there is a juice company that sells a flavor eraser. Supposedly it blanks the coil after vaping a few pulls on it.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

daddyrabbit

Member For 4 Years
I have the alien with baby beast and what I do is disassemble then wipe the inside really good with a paper towel then go over it with an alcohol pad (like those pre-made ones that you get to clean your eyeglasses), then a paper towel again. I then take a paper towel and squeeze the coil with it. Then I reassemble, prime the coil with the new juice, fill, then squeeze the trigger 3-4 times for about 5 seconds each with a few seconds in between so the new juice can saturate the cotton in the coil. Whole process takes about 10 minutes and I'm yet to have flavor rollover.

joshuamarendt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I put mine in hot water for a long time after rinsing it in hot water and have been able to get them back to great shape. It's a great way to get a bit more life out of a pre-built coil

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

Ok as far as the tank a good wash and dry you will be fine with the coil head sock in hot water and ever clear for a few hours then rinse out well and let dry

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors