Become a Patron!

FLORIDA OFFICIALS BLASTED FOR GROUPING ANTI-VAPING BALLOT MEASURE WITH BAN ON OFFSHORE DRILLING

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Kinda like how the teachers pension bill was handled here.. their pension reform bill was lumped in with a sewage bill and passed.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Kinda like how the teachers pension bill was handled here.. their pension reform bill was lumped in with a sewage bill and passed.

Now that is just plain insulting - but at least the teachers were taken care of

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Now that is just plain insulting - but at least the teachers were taken care of
It was truly sad. Pension cuts, spending cuts... teachers are always being crapped on, it seems. The public school system used snow days, because so many teachers called in, to go protest.

Sorry for the derail, but we all know politicians are sneaky bastards.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It was truly sad. Pension cuts, spending cuts... teachers are always being crapped on, it seems. The public school system used snow days, because so many teachers called in, to go protest.

Reminds me of this doctor's office in Livengood that also rented videos :giggle:

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

In Cali it's the opposite... the teachers union owns the state govt. It is truly a criminal partnership.
The teachers' (unfunded) pensions are mathematically unsustainable,
yet they won't give up a penny of the 6 figure lifetime pension nor will they agree to a 401k.
They angrily demand my taxes be increased to pay for their pensions, yet I have no pension.

They also protect child molesting teachers' jobs.
Not a fan of the CTA at all.

VU Sponsors