Become a Patron!

FlavourArt Creams: Questions

Izanagi7

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Greetings.

I’m choosing flavours for my first DIY order. Somewhat apprehensive as I’m completely new to mixing. I’ve watched some tutorials and I think with my science background and plenty of lab time under my belt I should at least be able to follow recipes accurately.

Anywho, there don’t seem to be any detailed flavour descriptions on the various vendor sites, or even on the FlavourArt official site. Have any of you tried Irish Cream? Is it a cream flavour or a creamy coffee flavour? The images depict a cup of coffee with whipped cream on top so it’s not very clear.

Basically I’d like a really nice cream to make fruit creams with fruit flavours like juicy strawberry, mango, pineapple and apple. Any recommended cream flavours? They have several, and I’m not sure where to begin.

Cheers.

Sent from the Star Destroyer Executor

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You probably want Fresh and Vienna creams. The Catalan has a spicy note. Irish has a chocolate note, like Irish Cream liquor. I haven’t played with the Bavarian enough, but I haven’t heard anything bad about it.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Cream Fresh by FA as well as the Vienna Cream. When going for Bavarian Cream, I prefer the TFA version and it seems many others do as well, but, everyone's tastes are different. I really like Sweet Cream by CAP and Whipped Cream by Flavorah as well.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have any of you tried Irish Cream? Is it a cream flavour or a creamy coffee flavour? The images depict a cup of coffee with whipped cream on top so it’s not very clear.
It's supposed to taste like the liqueur. Bailey's is a brand of this. People like adding it to coffe. It's creamy.

Cream Fresh, and Vienna have been the most popular FA creams. Then there's Catalan which has a spice element to it. It's good to enhance cookie or biscuit flavors.

They recently released a couple of more, Bavarian, and Vanilla ice cream? . I haven't heard much about them.

Then there's some that have been banned from North America. Some people really like the Milk flavor they make. I really like the Whip Cream. It's a really silky/creamy flavor.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's supposed to taste like the liqueur. Bailey's is a brand of this. People like adding it to coffe. It's creamy.

Cream Fresh, and Vienna have been the most popular FA creams. Then there's Catalan which has a spice element to it. It's good to enhance cookie or biscuit flavors.

They recently released a couple of more, Bavarian, and Vanilla ice cream? . I haven't heard much about them.

Then there's some that have been banned from North America. Some people really like the Milk flavor they make. I really like the Whip Cream. It's a really silky/creamy flavor.
The Vaniglia Gelato (Vanilla Ice Cream) is actually incredible. It's different than VBIC. More subtle. It has actually allowed me to make much more realistic Ice Creams like a Strawberry Ice Cream. I use VBIC TFA and VIC FA at a 2 to 1 ratio and it absorbs other flavors really well.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Vaniglia Gelato (Vanilla Ice Cream) is actually incredible. It's different than VBIC. More subtle. It has actually allowed me to make much more realistic Ice Creams like a Strawberry Ice Cream. I use VBIC TFA and VIC FA at a 2 to 1 ratio and it absorbs other flavors really well.
Do you have a recipe for that you can share? I have the Vaniglia Gelato & haven’t used it yet. Thanks.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
upload_2019-1-15_10-50-0.png

This is a strawberry Ice Cream cone. I am vaping it right now. You can use just graham cracker clear or just graham crust clear, I think it makes for a better profile mixing them. You could use any type of crust really. The meringue add's some sweetness. I am pretty sure I only added it at 1/2 % but didn't change it here. Don't leave out the custard. It gives that crust something to really bond too and this recipe wasn't complete until I added it in there. Oh and steep in hot water for like 8hrs or overnight and you can cool this and vape it right away. If you don't do a hot water steep give it at least 3 days for the ice cream to pop.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
upload_2019-1-15_10-54-56.png

Coconut cream pie. This is Fu@(#ing fantastic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. The ice cream is the addition that put this one over the top. No substitutions if you want the authentic real coconut cream pie taste. Steep overnight in hot bath. Cool it off. Then give it a day to really meld together. Otherwise, give this one 5-7 then enjoy. Oh side note. On both of these recipes, I am squonking with a profile RDA or using my Dead Rabbit RTA. You can bump the flavors up a BIT if you are vaping with MTL or a tank, but you shouldn't need too much. I try not to add any sweeteners as it mutes some of the flavors. I like to get my sweetness from things like meringue, CAP CDS, and flavors themselves. If you absolutely must add sweetener to your mix do so at your own risk. Also on these you can add .25% AP more than me if you want to boost either the crust or the Ice Cream Cone.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@88ArDeN88 thanks so much for both recipes! Yum Coconut Cream Pie sounds delish ! Think I will mix that 1st! :blowkiss:

I have to sub the FLV Whipped Cream for the FA Whipped Cream .

Edit: how do you steep in a hot bath overnight? I mean how do you keep the temperature?

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@88ArDeN88 thanks so much for both recipes! Yum Coconut Cream Pie sounds delish ! Think I will mix that 1st! :blowkiss:

Edit: how do you steep in a hot bath overnight? I mean how do you keep the temperature?
I don't. I let my faucet run until the water is at its peak temp. I fill my big green thermos up like 3/4 and throw my juice in overnight. It retains the temperature in that thermos remarkably well. It isn't boiling hot or anything. If you wanted to be more accurate you could, I just don't care enough right now. I'm refining my skill, not looking to sell my juice yet. I haven't been doing this long enough. Good product first, then marketing. And who knows, maybe I will never even go that far. Coconut cream pie recipe is a finished recipe. Good choice. The SBICC is in it's first iteration and while it is very good, I will still be tweaking it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't. I let my faucet run until the water is at its peak temp. I fill my big green thermos up like 3/4 and throw my juice in overnight. It retains the temperature in that thermos remarkably well. It isn't boiling hot or anything. If you wanted to be more accurate you could, I just don't care enough right now. I'm refining my skill, not looking to sell my juice yet. I haven't been doing this long enough. Good product first, then marketing. And who knows, maybe I will never even go that far. Coconut cream pie recipe is a finished recipe. Good choice. The SBICC is in it's first iteration and while it is very good, I will still be tweaking it.
What a great idea using a thermos!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Keep me updated on your tweaks :)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a great idea using a thermos!
I saran wrap my bottles then I put them in a plastic bag and drop them in. I can get like 10 x 10ml bottles in there at once. And it stays hot for a LONG time. I am going to invest in a vacuum sealer so I can keep my juices nice and sealed up in there. I have dropped them in without even bagging them first and if they are sealed up tight I haven't had any issues.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Will do! I am always happy to give back to this forum in any way that I can. This place has made DIY possible for me. I wouldn't be where I am in such a short time without this forum and it keeps helping me grow daily.
I agree! VU is a wonderful place with great people!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 129110

Coconut cream pie. This is Fu@(#ing fantastic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. The ice cream is the addition that put this one over the top. No substitutions if you want the authentic real coconut cream pie taste. Steep overnight in hot bath. Cool it off. Then give it a day to really meld together. Otherwise, give this one 5-7 then enjoy. Oh side note. On both of these recipes, I am squonking with a profile RDA or using my Dead Rabbit RTA. You can bump the flavors up a BIT if you are vaping with MTL or a tank, but you shouldn't need too much. I try not to add any sweeteners as it mutes some of the flavors. I like to get my sweetness from things like meringue, CAP CDS, and flavors themselves. If you absolutely must add sweetener to your mix do so at your own risk. Also on these you can add .25% AP more than me if you want to boost either the crust or the Ice Cream Cone.
I just mixed up 30ml of your Coconut Cream Pie going to get my thermos for the steep. Thanks again!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s very good! I think it could use a few days steep cos my faucet hot water didn’t feel that hot. But as is it’s very tasty! Thanks for sharing!
I am going to try and boost the coconut with a little FW Coconut Cream Pie when it comes in. Should have it in a couple days.

EDIT: I am also going to try whipping up a banana cream pie when the hangsen banana comes in and use a mix of HS Banana and TFA Banana Cream and a couple other tweaks and see how it comes out.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am going to try and boost the coconut with a little FW Coconut Cream Pie when it comes in. Should have it in a couple days.

EDIT: I am also going to try whipping up a banana cream pie when the hangsen banana comes in and use a mix of HS Banana and TFA Banana Cream and a couple other tweaks and see how it comes out.
Keep me posted :)

VU Sponsors