Also did this one:
2% INW dark for pipe.
1% AP

Really nice VCT inspired flavor, I'm liking this too :D

-Kingboomer

Last edited:

donewithsmoke

Member For 4 Years
What happened to this wonderful forum? I dont post very often but was disheartened after reading through all these pages and others(from the dark side) only to get to the end and find it just fades away. sorry to wine, but felt like friends have moved away and dont keep in touch. hope everyone is well and DIY ing to there hearts content.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What happened to this wonderful forum? I dont post very often but was disheartened after reading through all these pages and others(from the dark side) only to get to the end and find it just fades away. sorry to wine, but felt like friends have moved away and dont keep in touch. hope everyone is well and DIY ing to there hearts content.
Aww. We're mostly still around. New jobs, new life stuff for many of us. You'll find many of us still in the DIY pages, still gabbing about whats new.

What a trooper YOU are for all that reading!

Typos brought to you by: crapatalk!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

We were waiting for you to post. ;) Have you been mixing as you read? What do you make with FA flavors?

donewithsmoke

Member For 4 Years
Well,sorry I kept you waiting.:bliss:but glad to see theres still life in here. I have been mixing for about 3.5yrs i guess. started with TFA and added INW and some FA as I found recipes that were good sounding. I tend to make them and adjust accordingly like most. about 250 asst flavors and still adding whenever the mood hits. kind of leveled out.:ejuice:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I know FA is the title but here is a FA ,tfa mix for those who may have picked up joy and looking for recipes. I mixed some at 2% to try and after about a week decided to mix up 6% banana nut bread and 2% FA JOY and after a few days it melded into banana joy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Does it taste like a Banana Nut Doughnut? Sounds good!

donewithsmoke

Member For 4 Years
I have made a banana nut bread recipe using all tfa flavors in the past but percentage was nearing 20% and not as smooth as this. I think a little nut mix could be added. Or maybe walnut.seems sweet to me as is but ymmv. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have made a banana nut bread recipe using all tfa flavors in the past but percentage was nearing 20% and not as smooth as this. I think a little nut mix could be added. Or maybe walnut.seems sweet to me as is but ymmv. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Thanks, I will!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK...

Lemon donuts:

3% FA custard
2% FA Vienna cream
2% FA lemon sicily
3-5% FA zeppole

Still playing with the donut ratio, I'm thinking 4% might be the sweet spot. This tastes just like a lemon filled donut!

-Kingboomer
Sounds good KB! Once you nail down the final recipe, give it a thread of it's own in the recipe sub-forum so it can be easily searched for. Too easily lost in this mega thread.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds good KB! Once you nail down the final recipe, give it a thread of it's own in the recipe sub-forum so it can be easily searched for. Too easily lost in this mega thread.

Oh for sure. I'm gonna play around with a few other fruits using the same custard/cream/donut ratio and see how they play, might be doing a donut thread :D

-Kingboomer

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aren't you a wordsmith.
With Joy, people fall into one of 2 categories, typically. For those lucky ones, joy is a staple in several recipes, while the latter simply can't tolerate it, no matter how little they use. I fall into the 2nd, obviously. Then you have the illustrious few. Those few can tolerate it at VERY low percentages, and do need it for a few recipes, but they will tell you that even they don't care much for it, if they can taste it in the mix.

Very odd flavor. I was highly disappointed, especially when we waited with such anticipation. It kept me from ordering Zeppola for a while. Then I was told "Get it, Huck" by one of my pals, so I did. I like Zeppola!
128fs318181.gif

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm one of those who can use Joy. I actually enjoy HIC's Strawberry Cotton Candy. It's just 2% Joy and 2% FA Strawberry. It is not strawberry flavored stale beer to me.
I wonder how many notifications Rocket Puppy has hahaha
Probably several thousand... She still answers comments on ELR as I follow her RY4 recipe over there.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With Joy, people fall into one of 2 categories, typically. For those lucky ones, joy is a staple in several recipes, while the latter simply can't tolerate it, no matter how little they use. I fall into the 2nd, obviously. Then you have the illustrious few. Those few can tolerate it at VERY low percentages, and do need it for a few recipes, but they will tell you that even they don't care much for it, if they can taste it in the mix.

Very odd flavor. I was highly disappointed, especially when we waited with such anticipation. It kept me from ordering Zeppola for a while. Then I was told "Get it, Huck" by one of my pals, so I did. I like Zeppola!
128fs318181.gif

Im in the "anything with pastry or fried chuck joy in there!" category....donuts, fried bread, pie. Always thought "beer....are these people mad?"....but did do one recipe where the beer taste came, you poor unfortunate people who get that all the time.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Im in the "anything with pastry or fried chuck joy in there!" category....donuts, fried bread, pie. Always thought "beer....are these people mad?"....but did do one recipe where the beer taste came, you poor unfortunate people who get that all the time.
I must say, Zeppola has made up for it. I hesitated to get it, and was assured I'd like it, then "Get it Huck". I've been happy with it, especially that it's nothing like Joy. Believe me, I REALLY wanted to like Joy.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I must say, Zeppola has made up for it. I hesitated to get it, and was assured I'd like it, then "Get it Huck". I've been happy with it, especially that it's nothing like Joy. Believe me, I REALLY wanted to like Joy.

Yeah I like Zeppola....with a little bit of Joy :) Got me trying Wow again which I wasnt mad on.....weirdly I can now taste the jam filling slightly in it which was never there for me at all before. Funny how sometimes going back to flavours later on they can taste a hell of a lot nicer and vice versa. Had a similar thing with "Up" which was always the best of that FA range for me. Made me try tiramisu again recently, which was always just coffee powder for me before, I now get far more out of it than that.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I like Zeppola....with a little bit of Joy :) Got me trying Wow again which I wasnt mad on.....weirdly I can now taste the jam filling slightly in it which was never there for me at all before. Funny how sometimes going back to flavours later on they can taste a hell of a lot nicer and vice versa. Had a similar thing with "Up" which was always the best of that FA range for me. Made me try tiramisu again recently, which was always just coffee powder for me before, I now get far more out of it than that.
Isn't it wonderful how that happens? Since 2013, I managed to cut the amount of flavoring I use, even with FA, by more than 1/2. Smoking was brutal, we had no idea how much taste we were missing.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
didnt like joy or zeppola :(

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
NEW FA flavours about to drop!!!!
Juicy strawberry and breakfast cereal
The end of the month I've been informed, that's the uk release anyway so not sure about stateside.
woot woot waiting on that strawberry with fingers and toes crossed

VU Sponsors