Become a Patron!

Flavors that sound good but probably will never buy?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or buy anytime soon. Are there any flavors that find their way into your cart but always get put back? I do it with some. Are there flavors people say are great and you plan to try but never do?

CAP- Juicy Lemon. I read that people are using it, and liking it. But my thinking is, I have enough lemons. I'm not a huge lemon fan but ended up with about ten different lemon related flavors.

CAP- Yellow Peach. The same as above. I have a bunch of peaches...

FA- Bavarian, Gelato, NY Cheesecake, Graham Crust. Unless someone tells me they are, or ones fantastic, I aint getting them. Sorry FA, you're a little late to the party with these.

Most pomegranates. I always wanted to try these but don't even know why.

FLV Bubble Gum. I have TFA and CAP already, but do I really want to vape gum?

FLV Peanutbutter. I like peanutbutter but am not sure if I really need this.

There's a bunch more I'm leaving out I'm sure. I'm just not remembering them right now.

I felt this way with Ooo Milky undertones for a long time then BCF got it. So I figured what the hell. I finally broke down and got FA Marzipan, Liquid Amber, and Polar Blast. Curiosity got the best of me.

I dunno, maybe this is a stupid thread lol. Just trying to create discussion. Also maybe deep down I want to be convinced I need some of these.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol!! I have to think about that one! I have a wish list I haven’t pulled the trigger on.....

But the FA Gelato is actually quite a nice one. Lighter and less eggy than other ice creams. Brighter.

I like FLV peanut butter to bolster TFA DX PB. Makes it fade less and gives it a little kick of real peanut flavor. Also dries it out a touch.....more like natural PB.

Pomegranates will give something a nice twang. Sharpen things up a bit.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a bunch. I think so far what my main reason for not buying them is much like you said, I already have a variety of that flavor and don't feel like I have the use for any more, but now thinking about it, that really isn't the case. Take strawberry for example you have your CAP Sweet Strawberry, TFA Strawberry Ripe, FA Juicy Straw, FLV Alpine Straw, INW Shisha Straw, and so many damn strawberries and what do they all have in common besides being a strawberry flavor? NOTHING. Most of the time each company somehow gets a different profile somehow and mixing and matching makes for very unique strawberries or peaches or blueberries or grapes or chocolates or peanut butters or cookies and I usually look at the reviews on BCF and add it to my cart and then when I go to check out I put it back because I'm like well $5.55 for a 30ml I don't need, but in actuality now that I'm honestly considering it, that $5.55 might make me a better mixer and help me to get a more unique profile out of whatever flavor I'm looking for.

So you sir have made me realize I should stop doing it. Also, I do need another peanut butter to boost my TFA PB, what do you suggest?

EDIT: I've done this will more flavors than I can count and like @Hillbilly Pig said it's usually with FLV flavors.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There are a bunch. I think so far what my main reason for not buying them is much like you said, I already have a variety of that flavor and don't feel like I have the use for any more, but now thinking about it, that really isn't the case. Take strawberry for example you have your CAP Sweet Strawberry, TFA Strawberry Ripe, FA Juicy Straw, FLV Alpine Straw, INW Shisha Straw, and so many damn strawberries and what do they all have in common besides being a strawberry flavor? NOTHING. Most of the time each company somehow gets a different profile somehow and mixing and matching makes for very unique strawberries or peaches or blueberries or grapes or chocolates or peanut butters or cookies and I usually look at the reviews on BCF and add it to my cart and then when I go to check out I put it back because I'm like well $5.55 for a 30ml I don't need, but in actuality now that I'm honestly considering it, that $5.55 might make me a better mixer and help me to get a more unique profile out of whatever flavor I'm looking for.

So you sir have made me realize I should stop doing it. Also, I do need another peanut butter to boost my TFA PB, what do you suggest?

EDIT: I've done this will more flavors than I can count and like @Hillbilly Pig said it's usually with FLV flavors.
Lol! FLV Pb is what I use for a PB back up. And I’ve found the DX version is a little bit better than the regular one.......

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Some FLV Flavors are so expensive I just can't justify buying them. Like the aforementioned Alpine Strawberry. Right now a 30ml is going for $32.40 on BCF. :gaah:.
I completely understand! I guess the upside is that you need so little most of the time that the bottle lasts a lot longer. But.....$32. Damn.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I completely understand! I guess the upside is that you need so little most of the time that the bottle lasts a lot longer. But.....$32. Damn.

I bought a 15 ml (original bottle) of the Alpine from BCF during last year's Labor Day sale. After the holiday discount, It was $14.00. Due to the amount most recipes call for, that size is probably more than a lifetime supply for me. Not cheap, but cheaper than MF. ;)

When a flavor costs $32.70, using the BCF 24/7/365 discount code is warranted. :)

The Alpine (or Rich Cinnamon) are not the expensive FLV flavors for me. The expensive ones are the ones used once, don't like, and will likely forever collect dust.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I bought a 15 ml (original bottle) of the Alpine from BCF during last year's Labor Day sale. After the holiday discount, It was $14.00. Due to the amount most recipes call for, that size is probably more than a lifetime supply for me. Not cheap, but cheaper than MF. ;)

When a flavor costs $32.70, using the BCF 24/7/365 discount code is warranted. :)

The Alpine (or Rich Cinnamon) are not the expensive FLV flavors for me. The expensive ones are the ones used once, don't like, and will likely forever collect dust.
Yup. So true.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yep one thing that cause me to quit flavor chasing. Well that an my peculiar bad reactions to most flavorings.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a some early in my DIY adventure. Some are good yes, but there's a lot that just aren't to me. They're not as potent as I believed them to be either. When 15ml was the cheapest option, it made it harder to gamble on them. Now I only roll the dice if people love a recipe that calls for FLV. I have too many collecting dust.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a some early in my DIY adventure. Some are good yes, but there's a lot that just aren't to me. They're not as potent as I believed them to be either. When 15ml was the cheapest option, it made it harder to gamble on them. Now I only roll the dice if people love a recipe that calls for FLV. I have too many collecting dust.
The only FLV Flavor I've purchased that I don't like so far is the Crunch Cereal. I feel like it would be perfect if I could get it to the right amount but it always seems too strong. I've got some cereals steeping for extended periods hoping this mellows out, but I like Cereal 27 much better.

I have - Macaroon, Cookie Dough (THIS STUFF IS AMAZING), Whipped Cream, Lemonade (Excellent), Root Beer (Excellent), Pound Cake, Cranberry, Ice, Milk, Milk Chocolate (excellent), Milk and Honey (excellent), and Pineapple.

Really, to answer your original question, I find that the flavors I throw in my cart most often and end up putting back are creams and vanillas, I love creamy vanilla, cookie, cake vapes, but I have so many creams and vanillas already that I'm still learning to work with. Really all of this is new to me still. Only about 2 months in. I've absorbed a TON of information in a little bit of time and I really feel that coming at it with a cooking type approach has given me a good edge. I also found myself doing this with FA Custard, FLV Custard, and a few different coconuts. Right now I only have FA Coconut in my stash and I'd love another one, but am unsure. Looking for creamy to boost my coconut cream pie recipe.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My list is way too big to even compose but mostly it is because of rapid fire promotion or spamming of them. Just my opinion but once something Grinds My Gears that is it for it.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Gee.. since I have every single one of Flavorahs..

I guess I should just list all other flavor companies..
Other than acetyl pyrazine 5%... I haven't used anything from any other company in at least 3 yrs..

I'd say I have a huge gap in inventory on my flavor lists.. but what counts is that I am happy with what I do have..

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The only FLV Flavor I've purchased that I don't like so far is the Crunch Cereal. I feel like it would be perfect if I could get it to the right amount but it always seems too strong. I've got some cereals steeping for extended periods hoping this mellows out, but I like Cereal 27 much better.

I have - Macaroon, Cookie Dough (THIS STUFF IS AMAZING), Whipped Cream, Lemonade (Excellent), Root Beer (Excellent), Pound Cake, Cranberry, Ice, Milk, Milk Chocolate (excellent), Milk and Honey (excellent), and Pineapple.

Really, to answer your original question, I find that the flavors I throw in my cart most often and end up putting back are creams and vanillas, I love creamy vanilla, cookie, cake vapes, but I have so many creams and vanillas already that I'm still learning to work with. Really all of this is new to me still. Only about 2 months in. I've absorbed a TON of information in a little bit of time and I really feel that coming at it with a cooking type approach has given me a good edge. I also found myself doing this with FA Custard, FLV Custard, and a few different coconuts. Right now I only have FA Coconut in my stash and I'd love another one, but am unsure. Looking for creamy to boost my coconut cream pie recipe.
Flv sweet coconut is good for that! Also WF coconut custard is damn good. FW creamy coconut could work. Tfa coconut candy to add sweetness. FA is good, but I like the others better.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dont think I can take FLV sweet coconut over .6% but hey, if it works for you, @RonJS :)

I first tried that FLV @.5%. Sweet, but not enough Coconut flavor for my tastes. I vape a lot of my posted combination and being a Cheap Basta$d and wish less would work for me. The FA addition not only provides a bit of coconut complexity but also boosts the coconut flavor the FLV on it's own is lacking for me.

I'm thinking the FLV Sweet Coconut may just be the "gateway drug" for FLV Coconut. :)

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I first tried that FLV @.5%. Sweet, but not enough Coconut flavor for my tastes. I vape a lot of my posted combination and being a Cheap Basta$d and wish less would work for me. The FA addition not only provides a bit of coconut complexity but also boosts the coconut flavor the FLV on it's own is lacking for me.

I'm thinking the FLV Sweet Coconut may just be the "gateway drug" for FLV Coconut. :)

Sweet Coconut is more of the "milk" from the coconut, while coconut is just what it is.. make sense?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sweet Coconut is more of the "milk" from the coconut, while coconut is just what it is.. make sense?

Maybe it makes sense for you.

The description from the FLH website...

"Clean and fresh coconut flavoring is like pure white, grated coconut shavings. "

...makes more sense to me.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe it makes sense for you.

The description from the FLH website...

"Clean and fresh coconut flavoring is like pure white, grated coconut shavings. "

...makes more sense to me.

For me, it tastes just like a sweet cream milked coconut to me..
but.. the one thing I do know on FLV flavors is this.. http://flvfan.com/flavor-overuse-opinion/

That is the only way I can explain what is happening, beyond body chemistry and taste buds.
At least for me and more than a few others.. is a light fluffy sweet cream, milk and coconut bits.

Nice to know you get something else... Will keep it at the level I love it at.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Or buy anytime soon. Are there any flavors that find their way into your cart but always get put back? I do it with some. Are there flavors people say are great and you plan to try but never do?

I love this thread! you can also say flavors you bought and never opened ha. FLV Bubblegum though is the bomb the rest of your list seems legit to me ha.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

that smooth vanilla is another one I was completely let down with. It's like spraying that vanilla spray wand in your mouth at the carwash and you can do that for a quarter hahaha.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
that smooth vanilla is another one I was completely let down with. It's like spraying that vanilla spray wand in your mouth at the carwash and you can do that for a quarter hahaha.

That one, haha!! 1-3 "bottle drops" or from .02g to .06g or .02ml to .06ml only!!
Any higher and you are just wasting it.. same with alpine, v bean and I know a few others... :bliss:

Gee I can not wait for the next batch of new flavors... it wont be as long as it has been!! :popcorn:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
That one, haha!! 1-3 "bottle drops" or from .02g to .06g or .02ml to .06ml only!!
Any higher and you are just wasting it.. same with alpine, v bean and I know a few others... :bliss:

Gee I can not wait for the next batch of new flavors... it wont be as long as it has been!! :popcorn:
have you got your hands on any of the new ones yet?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pretty much dropped out of the chasing the flavoring game about the time that Flavorah and the other designer priced flavorings came out.
I did however just order 8 more oz of CAP Vanilla Custard V1 from BCF.

Usage went up as Wife Unit now has me spicing up her Vanilla Flavored candles with it :)
Tried a bottle of FA vanillin I had lying around but not as good in the candle as VC V1.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors