peanutbutter
black licorice
green apple
double apple
iced tea
fireball

Looking at FW website it seems everything calls for 15-20%

Is this what you guys find to be true??

I'm just looking for where you folks normally start percentage wise when trying a new FW flavor

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, the FW website recommends 15%
I find I can use less with some flavors, (as singles), but there are a few that do require the 15%.
I find them hard to use in recipes because I don't use a high % of flavoring, so I keep the ones I like as a single, and pretty much pass the rest onto others to try.
To use FW as a flavor in recipes, I recommend finding the same flavor from a different company.
But for solo flavors, they have some good ones.
But that's just me :p
Starting low, 8-9%, and working up is a good way to go.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I agree I use mine between 8-12 (single) and 3-5% (mixed)

But with any company some flavors are stronger than others, fireball is one of them, I would try it at 5% first. Its not extremely strong but it has extreme off notes at higher percentages, followed by a good burn after around 3-5 days of steeping. It does remind me of tamales but more weird/artificial if that makes sense? I don't know how to explain it, maybe you won't notice it, but I'm going to throw that out there.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I noticed that awhile back, all of them are recommended at pretty much the same percentages, except their butter cream. That one is recommended at .25-.50%. Really? Most of their stuff is weak as water, but they have one that's got some oomph and it's butter cream? o_O

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thank you all for the quick replies

I snuck and tried one flavor (these are suppose to be my easter present from my wife, so I should wait till easter to mix but she said go ahead...so)

I tried the butterbeer at 8% I felt it was somewhat strong enough there, maybe a little higher would be nice.

For those of you familiar with the actual drink in HP World. As a shake and vape... NO its not exactly right. Its somewhat close. You get some of the cream flavor and some of the butterscotch. So its reminiscent of the drink, but not spot on by any means. But I have only tried it at 8%. I think next try will be at 10% Maybe it will be better and maybe with some steeping it will get better. Most of my normal recipes require no steeping so I am not used to steeping and that may be all that is missing in this flavor is some steep time and it may become perfect.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SO I got some new flavors to try. Mostly FW
Butterbeer
rootbeer
peanutbutter
black licorice
green apple
double apple
iced tea
fireball

Is this what you guys find to be true??

I'm just looking for where you folks normally start percentage wise when trying a new FW flavor
I'm curious about you're thoughts on their green apple. I got a couple flavors by them last night and so far have made testers of Grape Soda and Green Apple. I mixed both at 5%. The Grape Soda seemed decent enough as a SnV, but the Green Apple had a chemical taste to me. I mixed in 5% FA Kiwi (might have oughta started out with 2-3% kiwi, though) and it took away the chemical taste but it is also no longer green apple. Tastes more like a gala apple now. And the grape soda seems weak this morning after sitting all night.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mix the green apple at 8% for a single flavor. It contains alcohol which is probably what you're tasting. Also gives a harsh throat hit as a S&V.

I tried the butter beer and to me it didn't taste like what I thought a Harry Potter butter beer would taste like. To me it tasted like wafflecrisp cereal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
You're
I mix the green apple at 8% for a single flavor. It contains alcohol which is probably what you're tasting. Also gives a harsh throat hit as a S&V.

I tried the butter beer and to me it didn't taste like what I thought a Harry Potter butter beer would taste like. To me it tasted like wafflecrisp cereal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Like the 100th person that says butter beer. I still don't know what it is, maybe I should take off the week and watch harry potter? But by now you all made me wanting that damn flavor! Mix me a true butterbeer, pretty please lol

I don't have green apple from fw, mix like he says at 8% shake it, wait an hour, open the bottle for 3-5 minutes close it, shake one more time and try again. That will take care of the alcohol if you want to single flavor test as shake and vape.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're

Like the 100th person that says butter beer. I still don't know what it is, maybe I should take off the week and watch harry potter? But by now you all made me wanting that damn flavor! Mix me a true butterbeer, pretty please lol

I don't have green apple from fw, mix like he says at 8% shake it, wait an hour, open the bottle for 3-5 minutes close it, shake one more time and try again. That will take care of the alcohol if you want to single flavor test as shake and vape.
haha butterbeer is supposed to be a milky vanilla, butterscotch, cream soda type thing.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you have to go to harry potter world in universal and buy the drink. Its about what mykregin described. Its not bad at all. But the fw flavoring so far is not living up to the actual drink

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Guess I gotta order some cream soda next time, might be a journey lol

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
FW fruits for single 6-10%, 5-8% for a forward flavor in a mix, 3-5% for background note. FW creams, cheesecake, cookies, etc 1-3%.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
FW fruits for single 6-10%, 5-8% for a forward flavor in a mix, 3-5% for background note. FW creams, cheesecake, cookies, etc 1-3%.
Ow thats some detail THANK YOU. I was thinking of making some mixes up tonight to try

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Ow thats some detail THANK YOU. I was thinking of making some mixes up tonight to try
Start the double apple high at 10% for a snv tester, I usually wait 3 days for tasting btw. It does get stronger after a steep and can be dropped to 6% if you won't be getting to it for a couple of weeks. It's a good apple but I like Cap double apple better.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Start the double apple high at 10% for a snv tester, I usually wait 3 days for tasting btw. It does get stronger after a steep and can be dropped to 6% if you won't be getting to it for a couple of weeks. It's a good apple but I like Cap double apple better.
now you tell me

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You sure have better taste buds than I do .... :(
More likely I'm more patient. I tend to leave juices for longer steeps. I mix high % for testers then and if I like the flavor I mix a lower % and put it in a box for weeks. My goal is to not have to mix often. Enjoy coming up with recipes, not so much mixing them.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided to put the green apple on hold & focus on grape soda for now. Mixed up a tester batch at 8%. Still a bit weak as a SnV but we'll see what it tastes like tomorrow.

When it comes time to try the green apple again I will surely follow @eStorm & @Mykreign's advice. Cheers!

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're

It is an amazing drink, but I can never drink one by myself. It is SO friggin rich & heavy!

VU Sponsors