Become a Patron!

Flavor West Orange

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found a recipe for Orange Dream Bar (Creamsicle) which called for using FW Orange, along with TFA Orange Cream, CAP Tangerine, TFA Sweet Cream, TFA Vanilla Swirl, and TFA Sweetener. After a week steeping it was excellent. The best orange dream bar I've tasted.

However... about 3 or 4 days after I started vaping it, the flavor went from awesome to turpentine! I suspect it is the FW Orange that caused the mix to spoil as my brother also made the same recipe, but he didn't have FW Orange, so used FA Orange and his did not spoil. He did make a batch after that with FW Orange with the same turpentine results in the same amount of time. I noticed that Flavor West describes the flavor as "clear". The FW Orange I purchased from RTS Vapes in April of this year was far from clear. Very cloudy and took a lot of shaking to get the sediment that was resting on top to mix in. My brother purchased his FW Orange from Bull City and it was exactly the same as mine. I had read that some orange flavors are a little cloudy and have to be shaken well so I at first didn't give it a second thought especially considering the purchases were at different times and different vendors, but now it seems reasonable that the orange is the culprit.

Has anybody else had this type of result using FW Orange?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I found a recipe for Orange Dream Bar (Creamsicle) which called for using FW Orange, along with TFA Orange Cream, CAP Tangerine, TFA Sweet Cream, TFA Vanilla Swirl, and TFA Sweetener. After a week steeping it was excellent. The best orange dream bar I've tasted.

However... about 3 or 4 days after I started vaping it, the flavor went from awesome to turpentine! I suspect it is the FW Orange that caused the mix to spoil as my brother also made the same recipe, but he didn't have FW Orange, so used FA Orange and his did not spoil. He did make a batch after that with FW Orange with the same turpentine results in the same amount of time. I noticed that Flavor West describes the flavor as "clear". The FW Orange I purchased from RTS Vapes in April of this year was far from clear. Very cloudy and took a lot of shaking to get the sediment that was resting on top to mix in. My brother purchased his FW Orange from Bull City and it was exactly the same as mine. I had read that some orange flavors are a little cloudy and have to be shaken well so I at first didn't give it a second thought especially considering the purchases were at different times and different vendors, but now it seems reasonable that the orange is the culprit.

Has anybody else had this type of result using FW Orange?

I got FW Orange nearly 2 years ago. I was brand new to DIY and it was in one of my first orders. That's one of the very few flavorings I've ever thrown out. It smelled great but I could not get it to stay mixed - oil floated to the top. I went with other brands (yes, citrus is often a little cloudy) and never tried that FW flavor again. I still wish I hadn't tossed it - would have been fine in foods, I'm sure.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still wish I hadn't tossed it - would have been fine in foods, I'm sure.

Thanks for the reply and confirming that the FA Orange you purchased that long ago was the same as mine purchased just a month ago. I'll never use it again after this experience. Too bad...it was pretty darned good in the orange dream recipe until it morphed into something else. Could have thinned paint with the end result of my mix :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the reply and confirming that the FA Orange you purchased that long ago was the same as mine purchased just a month ago. I'll never use it again after this experience. Too bad...it was pretty darned good in the orange dream recipe until it morphed into something else. Could have thinned paint with the end result of my mix :)

I was describing the bottle I had of FW (Flavor West) Orange, not FA (FlavourArt).

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a similar experience with FW Orange. I was so excited when I smelled it--it smells like ripe, juicy oranges. Mine doesn't seem to have ever gone "off" in any way, but vaping it is just too much for me... it's incredibly potent, like, TFA Banana Ripe level of potency. Yet it never seems to blend in with other flavors--it always sticks out in a harsh way. And sticks in my coil forever, too. I hadn't thought of it, but will now consider using it in a cake or cupcakes instead.

Actually, I could say all the same things about FW Gingerbread. At least FW Flavors are cheap!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I imagine a scoop of (real) vanilla ice cream, some milk, and some FW Orange would make a good creamsicle milkshake.
ooh, yeah, I bet. I'm having visions of a frozen trifle type thing--layers of orange cake with thick,creamy orange milkshake in between.
Not that I'll be eating either anytime soon, because I'm pledged to a low carb diet for the foreseeable future :/ Since I started that a few weeks ago, my vaping sweet tooth has gone through the roof. BTW, your Cinnamon Sugar Churros are really hitting the spot!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
ooh, yeah, I bet. I'm having visions of a frozen trifle type thing--layers of orange cake with thick,creamy orange milkshake in between.
Not that I'll be eating either anytime soon, because I'm pledged to a low carb diet for the foreseeable future :/ Since I started that a few weeks ago, my vaping sweet tooth has gone through the roof. BTW, your Cinnamon Sugar Churros are really hitting the spot!

Heavy cream, artificial sweeteners, and all the flavorings are low carb! Get yourself some almond milk, sucralose, your FA flavorings, and go crazy!
Coconut cream (from a liquor store or Mexican and Asian supermarkets) and cocoa powder are also low carb. whip them together with sucralose and freeze it in scoops like little candies. Most of my recipes taste great in almond milk with sweetener (just the flavorings of course, no nic base).

VU Sponsors