Become a Patron!

Flavor Good In Tank But Not RDA

Domenic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why is it that every liquid i try might taste good in a tank but if i drip it tastes totally strange or just get a totally different note?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What's the build in your RDA? You need to have a build similar to what you have in your tank. In addition, the airflow also plays a role. If your RDA has an AFC, adjust it, to were you get a better flavor.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
That's strange... Generally it's the other way around...
Most folks would say that the flavor is better on a RDA.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At high temperature some notes get distorted.
I guess you use your RDAs at higher wattage then your tanks, since they can handle it and since you can.
Also you probably have more airflow in your RDAs.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What's the build in your RDA? You need to have a build similar to what you have in your tank. In addition, the airflow also plays a role. If your RDA has an AFC, adjust it, to were you get a better flavor.
Agreed here. I had to really tweak my RDA to get the flavor even close to what I experience in my
Kanger.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
At high temperature some notes get distorted.
I guess you use your RDAs at higher wattage then your tanks, since they can handle it and since you can.
Also you probably have more airflow in your RDAs.
+1
In addition, some liquids don't like it hot, others do. I had a Vanilla juice, that I couldn't even vape in a Kanger Subtank with it's 0.5 replacement coil. Another DIY juice I made, didn't taste good in a RDA, with my typical 0.3 Ohm 24g dual coil. However, when I build a 0.2 Ohm 22g dual coil, and bumped the power to 75W, it tasted awesome.

Domenic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No matter how i adjust it, doesnt seem the same

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
No matter how i adjust it, doesnt seem the same
Maybe, higher resistance coil(s) with a higher gauge wire, less power, less airflow. Too much airflow can make the vapor less dense, thus you get less flavor.

Domenic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe, higher resistance coil(s) with a higher gauge wire, less power, less airflow. Too much airflow can make the vapor less dense, thus you get less flavor.
I think you may be right about this.....i just find it strange that the flavor is so different and in some cases doesnt taste well

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Im using a baal clone...24 gauge single coil at .4 ohms
Is that the one with the X wide drip tip, and a 510 drip tip adapter? If so, have you tried it with a 510 drip tip?
Got a clone myself. I was hoping, you had one of my 57 RDAs. :)

diceman1000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my experience has been the same... i tried a Vaporfi Bolt and a Troll, neither came close to my Uwell Crown or Freemax Starre Pro... i have a Velocity clone on the way though...

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As mentioned it's probably excess air.
Close up any AFC you have on the RDA to the lowest setting. See what you get from it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Domenic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's because RDAs suck for flavor. :) Uhh huh, they do. Wayyyy too much air goin' on for flavor.
RDAs are cloud chaser devices period... no matter what you read about how RDAs have the bestest flavorest ever...
it's all hogwash. There is simply no such thing as a flavor RDA.
The more restricted draw of nice RTA will give you the best flavor in vaping.
Thats exactly how im finding it. Before trying RDAs watching reviews, etc, i thought id get the best flavor in them. But its not what im noticing.

VU Sponsors