Become a Patron!

Flavor chase on Velocity mini

Drakken

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys . What build do you guys think that is good for flavor chasing on velocity rda ?? Current on hand i have a 24g and 26g kanthal , 28g ni200 and also 26g with 30g clapton wire. Please advice.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I have yet to receive my mini, having the velocity deck in my Aromamizer with a fused Clapton setup has given me absolutely ridiculous flavor. I believe I have a 2x 26g core with 34g wrap around.

Drakken

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While I have yet to receive my mini, having the velocity deck in my Aromamizer with a fused Clapton setup has given me absolutely ridiculous flavor. I believe I have a 2x 26g core with 34g wrap around.
Dont have a fused claptons yet with me right now. But just curious, between vertical coils and normal coils (horizontal) , which one give out more flavor?

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd venture to say vertical but I'm no scientist when it comes to this stuff. For me it's been kicking me in the face with flavor. YMMV on how you build. I'd imagine building regular Claptons should provide you a similar result.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual 22g NICHROME 5/6 wraps 2.5 diameter,fast ramp time, not an amp killer, no spit backs...

VAPE ON

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not gonna lie, this is a pretty tasty build, and since you have pre-made Clapton wire, this could take literally less than a minute to build and install. Vertical vs Horizontal coils don't really have an effect on flavor, but verticals will prevent spit-back from shooting up the chuff, and it makes it super easy to drip right down the chuff. The only way it could effect flavor is if the build were to make the wicks block off the airflow, which is another reason vertical coils are awesome, wicks never block the AFC

Attachments

• 20151021_0203111.jpg
    20151021_0203111.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 66

Drakken

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not gonna lie, this is a pretty tasty build, and since you have pre-made Clapton wire, this could take literally less than a minute to build and install. Vertical vs Horizontal coils don't really have an effect on flavor, but verticals will prevent spit-back from shooting up the chuff, and it makes it super easy to drip right down the chuff. The only way it could effect flavor is if the build were to make the wicks block off the airflow, which is another reason vertical coils are awesome, wicks never block the AFC
Nice. But hows the airflow you have on yours since the coils are vertical?

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The airflow is still more than adequate, definitely better than horizontal ones, and the airflow is more focused on the coils when they're vertical. Both the "mouth" airflows and all 6 "eye" airflows are directly pointing to solely the coil, and not wasting energy cooling the wick, giving a much smoother vape than the horizontals do, often times I find myself closing the "eye" airflows to get a warmer vape experience. Unless you're an "ALL OUT, BALLS TO THE WALL, FULLY OPEN AIRFLOW, NEED ICE COLD VAPOR IN MY LUNGS" kind of vaper, than airflow shouldn't be a problem for you with this build. And if you really wanted to get more airflow, you could always unscrew the airflow cap and remove it completely, giving you the airiest atty in the world ever :D

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dual 22g NICHROME 5/6 wraps 2.5 diameter,fast ramp time, not an amp killer, no spit backs...

VAPE ON
Same here in mine except I use 3" ID. Primary airflow is half open and secondary is closed off. If you wick it correctly you can get about 20 pulls. This suckah chucks and flavor is good!

f1d36a92fc8f2e5f6d93c6bc7e7d1a4e.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here in mine except I use 3" ID. Primary airflow is half open and secondary is closed off. If you wick it correctly you can get about 20 pulls. This suckah chucks and flavor is good!

f1d36a92fc8f2e5f6d93c6bc7e7d1a4e.jpg
Oh shit, 50 pulls broh

VAPE ON

Drakken

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any flavor build with a 26g kanthal guys?? Heard from my fellow mates that there are decent flavor build with a 26g kanthal. Please advice.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any flavor build with a 26g kanthal guys?? Heard from my fellow mates that there are decent flavor build with a 26g kanthal. Please advice.
Twisted 26 8 wraps on 3.0 diameter
Parallel 26 5/6 wraps on 3.0 diameter
It really depends what kind of juice
VG/pg
Nic mg
Etcccc
And you can try fused Clapton
26 g/36 g NICHROME

VAPE ON

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use your 26/32 Clapton or twisted 26 3mm diameter.
Not much difference between horizontal and vertical in flavor, but with vertical you get no spit back since it spits to the sides instead of up and besides there is no better deck for vertical then a Velocity deck.

Drakken

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use your 26/32 Clapton or twisted 26 3mm diameter.
Not much difference between horizontal and vertical in flavor, but with vertical you get no spit back since it spits to the sides instead of up and besides there is no better deck for vertical then a Velocity deck.
I set a dual clapton 7wrap around a 3mm diameter. Comes out at 0.48ohm. Flavor is there, but not much. Good cloud tho.

Das Bund

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just installed dual Claptons (horizontal) in my velocity mini they are 26/32 gauge ~ 3mm id ~ 4 1/2 wraps and coming in at 0.33ohms. They are wicked using the "Scottish roll" method making sure to keep my cotton nice and fluffy and I am getting a great vape at 57w-60w with nice dense vapor and a good amount of flavor with a cool to slightly warm temp.
dual clapton 4half wrap.jpg

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use an 0.7Ohm dual coil build, 3mm internal diameter, with 26ga. Lovely vape. Nothing fancy, horizontal coils very tight, no spacing. Run it at around 40W.

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Twisted 26 8 wraps on 3.0 diameter
Parallel 26 5/6 wraps on 3.0 diameter
It really depends what kind of juice
VG/pg
Nic mg
Etcccc
And you can try fused Clapton
26 g/36 g NICHROME

VAPE ON

what ohms does that twisted 26 comes out to? dual or single?

VU Sponsors