Become a Patron!

Flavor build for 21700?

Mechanical king

Bronze Contributor
Sorry for all the new posts I've been making. Just excited to have a place to get information from knowledgeable people finally!

Anyways to my question, I have been using a Squeezer mod with a drop rda I got from @DonBaldy a lot lately. I have a .15 ohm single coil of unknown type ( bought from local shop ). Its working decently but I was wondering, what do you guys/gals suggest for a good flavor build for this mod and rda combo? (I gotta clean the coil I know)20191005_110156-0.jpg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Dude, for me. Flavor is happiness in some fused claptons. Typically simple 2-3 core. Its Aliens otherwise. I also like a smaller ID around 3mm and lower ohms for a better ramp.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That coil there is a staggered fused clapton. I used those sometimes when I want something different. But mainly I use 2 core fused Claptons myself

Mechanical king

Bronze Contributor
What kinda coils are these? These are fused Clapton's right? I was using this set up but in dual coil these come out to .48 and wasnt hitting hard enough for me20191005_121524-0.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Without seeing the core wires it's hard to tell. But looks like a fused Clapton to me. Could be a staple coil also but you don't see those as often

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok yea it's a fused Clapton. I use them mostly because they're super quick to build. But I only use 2 core.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What kinda coils are these? These are fused Clapton's right? I was using this set up but in dual coil these come out to .48 and wasnt hitting hard enough for meView attachment 147161

Too much wire there for a single-batt mech, even if it is a 21700, in my opinion. Sluggish.

Parallel 26ga SS or N80 for single coil, or spaced 26 ga for dual, about 0.35-0.45 each coil. Parallel single coil is better in my opinion.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here. Mainly 2 or 3 core fused claptons. For me they offer the best balance of flavor, ramp time, and clouds.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love mechs, and lately been spoiled utilizing regulated mods in my MTL RTAs.

But I still once in a while build up one of my Mechs with the ole Goon and do a battery worth of dripping from time to time.

I hate ramp up time... but I love making a pair of Aliens for when I get in the cloudier mood... 3x28x40 N80 3mm 5 wrap duals for .15Ω goodness

or I'll get lazy and whip up a parallel build... 3mm 26g N80 5wrap for .14Ω goodness ( I prefer this )

I really need to make some 1.5mg or 3mg for these times... tooting on 6mg+ salts when I get in this mood, get all sorts of dizzy lol

I mean, I mostly vape at 14w in my MTL RTAs

Mechanical king

Bronze Contributor
I messaged shredtravolta but havent heard back. Messaged someone else too but cant afford $30 a pair coils right now lol. Demon killer coils are $2.50 for the multi pack right now but... I hear they are trash

Mechanical king

Bronze Contributor
I love mechs, and lately been spoiled utilizing regulated mods in my MTL RTAs.

But I still once in a while build up one of my Mechs with the ole Goon and do a battery worth of dripping from time to time.

I hate ramp up time... but I love making a pair of Aliens for when I get in the cloudier mood... 3x28x40 N80 3mm 5 wrap duals for .15Ω goodness

or I'll get lazy and whip up a parallel build... 3mm 26g N80 5wrap for .14Ω goodness ( I prefer this )

I really need to make some 1.5mg or 3mg for these times... tooting on 6mg+ salts when I get in this mood, get all sorts of dizzy lol

I mean, I mostly vape at 14w in my MTL RTAs
I am on the search for a mtl rta. Any suggestions?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am on the search for a mtl rta. Any suggestions?

There are so many out there from lower end to high end...

I like the Dvarw MTL RTA, haven't really messed with many others besides the Skyline RTA... Have a Taifun GTR that was supposed to be delivered today, but more than likely end up Monday.

The above are MTL RTAs >$120

sr20vet

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm running dual 2x28/38 n80 coils in a Kali clone on my squeezer coming in a .22. works very well for me and are super quick to make.
78eb3e27c5a11ddc5320fd36906d1eb3.jpg

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The attached is a 5 wrap 3mm ID fused clapton using 26ga 316ss cores and 38ga 316ss wrap. This is one of my "go to" builds for dual coil on the Drop RDA (Which is my favorite RDA). With this build I use "spaced" coils. The 6 wrap (also attached) is another favorite of mine which only differs from the first with 1 more wrap and I push the coils together tight (microcoil style). Both are great for a 21700 tube mech or a dual 18650 mech mod. Awesome flavor and clouds for days!

Happy Vaping!
CV :)

P.S. The pictures show the resistance of a single coil. In dual coil the 5 wrap is about 0.10 to 0.11 Ohms and the 6 wrap is a touch more at about 0.12 to 0.13 ohms.

Attachments

• 5 wrap 3mm id fused clapton 316ss.jpg
    5 wrap 3mm id fused clapton 316ss.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 6 wrap 3mm id fused clapton 316ss.jpg
    6 wrap 3mm id fused clapton 316ss.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 9

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you want a simple flavor build, 6 wraps of evenly spaced Anarchist 22 does the trick on a mech

5 wraps works too but it's a bit hotter and goes with shorter drags

claptons are great too just throwing it there if you dont want to spend time building

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
22g is the thickest i'd use though, otherwise the ramp-up would be killer

you seem to be new to building, the lower the gauge the thicker it's and the lower the resistance of the wire

so 22g is thicker and lower ohms (at the same length) than 24g, which is thicker than 26g and so on

you should become familiar with this tool: https://www.steam-engine.org/

Tom_Forde

Member For 4 Years
Using these all stainless spaced framed staples on my Vindicator 21700/Kennedy Trickster 25 set up right now. Flavor is off the charts but I should change my cotton

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

VU Sponsors