Become a Patron!

Flat vertebraid help

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction or can help me figure out how to make flat vertebraid. There is no tutorial on this type of braid. Like literally nothing.

I see so many sick ass braid builds but to me, from an outsider looking in, I feel like these braiders don't want to give out there little tricks.

Vertabraid is my least favorite braid coil. That or a common 3 loop.

I love Celtic braids, fishtail braids and variations.

I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to do a flat vertebraid. I know about shanks, and how they effect the braid. I got pretty darn good at braiding.

Pretty please with sugar on top.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You know how with a regular vertebraid, your hands and fingers point at each other? To get flat types of braids your fingers need to point down at the ground. I don't know much either, but I've seen a few videos on instagram from some really crazy braiders; I can email you a tutorial for a spanish braid if you like (not my video, and its not uploaded anywhere) - it looks crazy complicated though but you can see at least how his fingers point down to the ground

If you PM me your email I will send it to you

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
As I was practicing, there really is no way to braid vertabraid flat unless your talking about only when you go to tighten at 90 degree angles. I think this type of coil was made for a bigger gauge wire than 34.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Can you possibly hammer it flat?

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Can you possibly hammer it flat?
Nope. No hammer. I successfully did my version of it. I did 3 doubled loops. I was miss matching the shanks. I didn't realize it.

There's so much that goes into braid Coils. I used to say fuck braid, braid is wack. Well, that was until I started using 34g SS and 36. Such a nice crisp flavor. I'll say this, I still prefer small framed staple/ alien framed staple builds. But the fact that I can use these coils speaks volumes. I actually prefer these coils if I'm using dual core attys. I like my mini framed staple for single coil builds.

I'm still working on different slentre braids. Braid is hard, much harder looking that drill builds but as with life, both take practice, both have there pros and cons.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nope. No hammer. I successfully did my version of it. I did 3 doubled loops. I was miss matching the shanks. I didn't realize it.

There's so much that goes into braid Coils. I used to say fuck braid, braid is wack. Well, that was until I started using 34g SS and 36. Such a nice crisp flavor. I'll say this, I still prefer small framed staple/ alien framed staple builds. But the fact that I can use these coils speaks volumes. I actually prefer these coils if I'm using dual core attys. I like my mini framed staple for single coil builds.

I'm still working on different slentre braids. Braid is hard, much harder looking that drill builds but as with life, both take practice, both have there pros and cons.

Did you watch this one? Right after the 3 minute mark he explains how to flat vertebraid -

I think I'll try it sometime - kinda hard to see what he's doing though, but he explains "normal movement on one side, split braid on the other"

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Squidoode has a tutorial on his 'Art of Vaping' YT channel as does Zophie Vapes, but they are normal vertibraid IIRC, using 3 loops...

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I found out that it's not technically vertebraid there flat braiding. With braid, even the smallest thing like grabbing the wrong shank with the operator can cause differences in the braid.

So many people give false information. I know not everyone is a hobbiest vaper. Some people will attach names to things that are false. I believe I was one of them, in the beginning of this thread Meg corrected me. But the problem was, I was getting bad information.

I think I may start another thread as a tutorial/ info hub for all things loop braided. I've become quite neat at my hobby.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Build modes tutorial was terrible. Braiding is very intricate. You need to see everything he's doing. I would suggest forgetting about that tutorial. I couldn't see any wire hardly. I wish I had a better camera. I'd tutorial all the cool patterns I've learned.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Gaaaah I wish someone on here with a decent camera would be interested in doing build videos. I would change the game on YouTube. In part because I know the pain in crappy build videos. You'd think these guys would know that angle and sight is key.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
*raises hand*

Making videos is hard, though, and I'm both new at it and not very pro at building, either. I did get a handle on setting up a 7 loop braid today, though (was a vertebraid) - and I have a lot of videos I want to make along with coil orders to fill, so it's going slowly :sad:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors