Become a Patron!

First use, Mutation X V2 (dammit...) CLONE...

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tried to figure out a way, to use the micro-rope, to wick-up the supplied coils, once I matched to positioning, and the ignition, but said 'fuggit', looked a little, and found my damned cotton balls, spun some down, got it wicked, lightly packed to the well, dropped some juice, vapes quite well, a little hot on the 'Hex, needs adjustment...three ohms, as positioned, trimmed to posts. Yah, juice WILL ignite...with the cap off..checked 'things' with a little inline meter, shows much higher resistance, way above Steam Engine's 'sweet spot, fer the Hex, yep...need wire...bustin' out the Fluke, she what she says..Fluke say: .7-8 ohms...

Last edited:

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shit man, @ 3vohm's you might as well be twisting 3/0 wire and use oxy acetylene......

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Shit man, @ 3vohm's you might as well be twisting 3/0 wire and use oxy acetylene......
Yah...TELL ME I need to build some PROPER coils..one mod reads .3 ohms, the Fluke reads .7-8 ohms..little inline meter reads .7 ...

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got some 26 gauge Kanthal, to play with..I need to fab two coils, that total .275 ohms, aft. install to RDA..I've been using the dripper, on a lower-voltage-capable mod, I hate cotton, already..gotta find something a little less oxidation-prone, heat resistant.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
one mod reads .3 ohms, the Fluke reads .7-8 ohms..little inline meter reads .7 ...
Sure the RDA is sitting correctly on the things reporting a higher resistance?
I've had cases where my RDA would unscrew slightly from usage resulting in the firing pins not making good contact and the reported resistance showing much higher. Also had it happen on my ohms reader if the firing pin on the RDA wasn't contacting properly with the one on the reader.

I hate cotton, already..gotta find something a little less oxidation-prone, heat resistant.
Have you tried silica? It wont burn like cotton.
Could make the coil, then thread the wick through it (pain in the ass)
Or, if using a thin wire, it might be easier to make the coil by wrapping your wire around the silica.

Last edited:

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sure the RDA is sitting correctly on the things reporting a higher resistance?
I've had cases where my RDA would unscrew slightly from usage resulting in the firing pins not making good contact and the reported resistance showing much higher. Also had it happen on my ohms reader if the firing pin on the RDA wasn't contacting properly with the one on the reader.

Have you tried silica? It wont burn like cotton.
Could make the coil, then thread the wick through it (pain in the ass)
Or, if using a thin wire, it might be easier to make the coil by wrapping your wire around the silica.
The only tool, or device measuring the .3, or so was a different mod, the meters (Fluke, and in-line ) agree with .7 + Just using the micro coils that came with the addy. Got some Kanthal 26 guage today, gotta spin a couple of coils, get red, measure and coil to half of .275, with short legs, mount, re-check total R value to .275, thereabouts. That'll give me less stress on the Hex, and wick it good.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
To make matters slightly worse, my work unit took a surprise fall, no glass broke, on the Atlantis, but she popped apart. Took the pieces to the shop, 180 degrees at a time, pressed the 210 back to the body...I'll clean up the small marks on the top-cap, once I locate the chuck wrench, fer the little Chinese lathe, using abrasive nail boards...I made quite a few small thangs, RVA's, barrel plugs, a simulated can sleeve fer my Mini-Mag, back in the much more prevalent-at-the time paintball run..still have my better, more durable markers..got expensive.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was out at the 'shops, saturday, bought some Newport joose, SPOT ON, to old fav. cig, got some unicorn's milk, after having gotten a good description, of what it actually TASTES like, and got two sets of coils built...boy, go to the shops, fer some wire and much of the time.."..well, we only have about six feet left...", so I had the phone out, told the babe what to coil, and from what (Steam Engine app...) and their meter was showing a .2...after test heats...left happy with the black Lemo, fer the Hex's tank. Get home, and John Fluke say :.5...ohms...well, shit, I have one gauge, will buy s spool of 24 guage, and I have small diameter drills, drivers, and such. Running the tanked Lemo fine, as is, at around four volts. Damned unicorn's milk...jeeze, outta be a law, shit's tasty, thick, and oddly enough; passes the tank's input, without thinning.

VU Sponsors