Become a Patron!

First try at DIY and NicVape Flavors having no taste.

I just bought the adventure kit from NicVape. I tried making a bottle of juice with Caramel Candy, Butterscotch and cream. I didn't really have much flavor, so I figured it needed to steep for a while. I put it in the cabinet and moved on. I then tried a couple different mixes and nothing seemed to have any flavor. I figured i was doing something wrong. So I just put 1ml of Cotton Candy with 9ml of VG, to try something simple. Again there was no taste or even smell of cotton candy. So I added another 1ml of Cotton Candy and still no taste. I am just wondering if I am missing something before I call and complain.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just bought the adventure kit from NicVape. I tried making a bottle of juice with Caramel Candy, Butterscotch and cream. I didn't really have much flavor, so I figured it needed to steep for a while. I put it in the cabinet and moved on. I then tried a couple different mixes and nothing seemed to have any flavor. I figured i was doing something wrong. So I just put 1ml of Cotton Candy with 9ml of VG, to try something simple. Again there was no taste or even smell of cotton candy. So I added another 1ml of Cotton Candy and still no taste. I am just wondering if I am missing something before I call and complain.
What flavors did you buy? What percentage did you mix them at? I don't see a lot of people on this forum raving about nicvape.
Edit: I found a old thread from VU. I noticed one person said the flavoring was tasteless.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/nicvape-flavor-reviews-by-wllmc.42978/

Last edited:
I bought Vanilla, Cream, Barvarian Cream, Cotton Candy, Caramel Candy, Gourmet cinnamon, Butterscotch, yellow cake, and old fashioned donut. I mixed 14% butterscotch 3% cream 3% Caramel Candy With VG base and Nic with VG base. I don't remember what others I did, I was just messing around and couldn't get any flavor. Thats when I went for the 20% Cotton Candy in straight VG base to try to get something to work. I only bought the kit from NicVape because it was an all-in-one kit.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
While I've never used that brand of flavors, looking at the post from Will that was linked in the previous post, he used no more than 10% of any flavors as a stand alone. You might try cutting the percentages back some since 14% sounds a bit high. Sometimes in DIY less is more as too much will actually mute flavors.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I then tried a couple different mixes and nothing seemed to have any flavor. I figured i was doing something wrong.

Obviously you must have been following some of the suggestions found here...
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/nicvape-flavor-reviews-by-wllmc.42978/

:D:D:D

So I just put 1ml of Cotton Candy with 9ml of VG, to try something simple. Again there was no taste or even smell of cotton candy. So I added another 1ml of Cotton Candy and still no taste. I am just wondering if I am missing something before I call and complain.

Cotton Candy flavors are very seldom used in a single flavor stand alone mix. Is this recipe attempt one suggested by NicVape or one of your own?

Welcome to the Forum!

Ron
---
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."- Kurt Vonnegut

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bought Vanilla, Cream, Barvarian Cream, Cotton Candy, Caramel Candy, Gourmet cinnamon, Butterscotch, yellow cake, and old fashioned donut. I mixed 14% butterscotch 3% cream 3% Caramel Candy With VG base and Nic with VG base. I don't remember what others I did, I was just messing around and couldn't get any flavor. Thats when I went for the 20% Cotton Candy in straight VG base to try to get something to work. I only bought the kit from NicVape because it was an all-in-one kit.

Cotton Candy is usually just EM, a type of sweetener/enhancer, but will cause flavors to fade if using too much.
One of the reasons many here, including myself, don't like most of the kits.
Without knowing what brand flavors they are we're shooting in the dark.
As an example (FW) Flavor West Butterscotch at 14% stand alone is pretty good IMO.
The Vanilla, Cream, Bavarian Cream, & Yellow Cake you won't get much taste from as they are add ons, or mixers.
You may get something from Caramel Candy stand alone at 10-15%.
Or the Gourmet Cinnamon, maybe start at 7%.
Put a drop of flavoring on your finger to taste the strength.
PG carries flavor better than VG so you could add some PG in your mix, like 70VG/30PG.
Shake both flavorings & NIC well before mixing anything.
Takes a little time for flavors to blend in with the VG also.

As a side note:
Fruit flavors are stronger in flavor and are better for starting DIY IMO.
INW Shisha Strawberry 2%
INW Peach 2%
INW Mango 2%
TFA Blueberry Extra 7%
CAP Sweet Tangerine 7%
FA Fuji Apple 2-3%
FA Cookie (2%), or INW Biscuit (1%) are nice to mix in with the fruits.

http://www.bullcityflavors.com/shisha-strawberry-inw/

Think they carry all of these flavors, use VU6 code for 6% discount.

Last edited:
Cotton Candy flavors are very seldom used in a single flavor stand alone mix. Is this recipe attempt one suggested by NicVape or one of your own?

Welcome to the Forum!

Ron
---
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."- Kurt Vonnegut[/QUOTE]

The Cotton Candy idea was mine. I was just trying to make something simple to see if it would work.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Cotton Candy idea was mine. I was just trying to make something simple to see if it would work.

A fine thing to do! Unfortunately, of all the flavors you have, Cotton Candy was probably not the best choice. Used at .5% or so it can enhance some mixes. I don't use it very often.

Ron

A fine thing to do! Unfortunately, of all the flavors you have, Cotton Candy was probably not the best choice. Used at .5% or so it can enhance some mixes. I don't use it very often.

Ron
I am out of town for work. I will try something else this weekend. Also maybe by then one of the other flavors will have steeped out. I think I am going to try 10% of the Caramel Candy like Heabob suggested. I am also going to email NicVape Customer Service and see what they say. The horses mouth... so too speak.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Nicvape needs to be done in drops..

try a simple approach.. solo flavors...
each drops should come out to .02 grams... so hope you have a good scale.
Percentages are just too much for ultra concentrates.

use each flavor at 2-3 drops in 10ml.. see if you can taste them,, if not, raise the flavor to a higher amount.. Cotton Candy as a solo, from Nicvape is hard to do.. easier if you add in supporting flavors to help it.. like watermelon, strawberry, and their dark razz and the clementine are fantastic.

simple recipe for you to try:

30ml
3 bottle dropsVanilla
3 bottle drops Cream
3 bottle drops Caramel Candy
1 bottle drops Gourmet cinnamon
3 bottle drops butterscotch
6 bottle drops yellow cake
9 bottle drops old fashioned donut

You are mixing the flavors way too high. This is why you can not taste anything.

Nicvape needs to be done in drops..

try a simple approach.. solo flavors...
each drops should come out to .02 grams... so hope you have a good scale.
Percentages are just too much for ultra concentrates.

use each flavor at 2-3 drops in 10ml.. see if you can taste them,, if not, raise the flavor to a higher amount.. Cotton Candy as a solo, from Nicvape is hard to do.. easier if you add in supporting flavors to help it.. like watermelon, strawberry, and their dark razz and the clementine are fantastic.

simple recipe for you to try:

30ml
3 bottle dropsVanilla
3 bottle drops Cream
3 bottle drops Caramel Candy
1 bottle drops Gourmet cinnamon
3 bottle drops butterscotch
6 bottle drops yellow cake
9 bottle drops old fashioned donut

You are mixing the flavors way too high. This is why you can not taste anything.
Is there a steep time for this. Mixed it up with VG base and there is very little flavor.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Is there a steep time for this. Mixed it up with VG base and there is very little flavor.

All vg? Did you do a 30ml? Are you using a tank?
You should be getting something out of this, DeFace.

Can you do me a favor and try a drop on your finger, lick it and see if you taste anything there.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I talked with Nicvape... and the amounts on their site should at least get you to a point where to mix to taste them.
I will be talking with them again soon. Apparently they have adjusted the mixing levels of their flavors and they are not as concentrated as they once used to be. I am sure if you still cant taste anything, give them a call.. They are a friendly bunch over there ;) and they are not far from where I live, less than 40min away..
I am unsure of your setup, and the amount you mixed at.. you might want to invest in scales..

VU Sponsors