Become a Patron!

First RDTA

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Hello,

Im looking for my first RDTA. Can you suggest me something that holds big builds and does not leak when tilted. The brand is not important, my budget is up to 50€/$.

The only rdta that I like for now is Merlin RDTA.

It is going to be used on variety of mods 1/2/3 batterie in TC mod for both flavor and sometimes cloud bro clouds chasing.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Vaptio Turbo-L RDTA for me on the larger coil side anyway deck space is huge for a 25mm.. one of the most flavourful attys I've tried full stop. Easily holds 4mm coils, 5ml tank as long as you plug up the juice holes it won't leak when tilted ...downside is top cap does get hot but then so does the Merlin on the sides except the Merlin drip tip/top cap is nasty

It certainly beats the Merlin IMO apart from it's looks. The Merlin does look the nuts and has a slightly wider build deck by about 4mm

(assuming you don't mean lay it on its side for any long period of time not many RDTAs can)

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My current favorite is the Hellvape Iron Maiden. But, it's a 30mm atty. It doesn't leak unless the top cap comes off. There is a ceramic cap, under the top cap, over the coils that also plugs the fill holes.

I have the Smok SkyHook and it hits like train but will leak if you lay the mod flat on its side for any length of time. I also have the iJoy Classic and it is nearly the same as the SkyHook. Bit, tilting them or falling over and picking it back up quickly neither leak.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
My current favorite is the Hellvape Iron Maiden. But, it's a 30mm atty. It doesn't leak unless the top cap comes off. There is a ceramic cap, under the top cap, over the coils that also plugs the fill holes.

I have the Smok SkyHook and it hits like train but will leak if you lay the mod flat on its side for any length of time. I also have the iJoy Classic and it is nearly the same as the SkyHook. Bit, tilting them or falling over and picking it back up quickly neither leak.

Heard good things about the maiden :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello,

Im looking for my first RDTA. Can you suggest me something that holds big builds and does not leak when tilted. The brand is not important, my budget is up to 50€/$.

The only rdta that I like for now is Merlin RDTA.

It is going to be used on variety of mods 1/2/3 batterie in TC mod for both flavor and sometimes cloud bro clouds chasing.

Thanks.

Great RTDA, I love mine (have 4).
OBS Engine gets my money.
That's a Tank (an RTA) ;)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is kind of a RDA/RDTA hybrid, but the Geek Vape Medusa Reborn has a deep juice well, is leak resistant with the right wicking, has the deck space for big coils, and doesn’t cost a lot. To me, it brings what I want from an RDTA - more juice capacity - while at the same time bringing the benefits of an RDA.

Cheers,
Ian

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Love my Merlin, but it will leak if left on its side.
My Ijoy Combo is more leak-resistant, but isn't built as well as the Merlin.
The OG Pharaoh won't leak on its side, but its well only holds 2ml, and no glass tank. It will hold two coils in the 3mm range, but I like it best with one big(5-6mm) coil. Gives excellent flavor either single or dual.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
if you mean RDTA as in the coil is on top the tank is underneath - All of them can leak its part of the design. You have to wick them just right so they dont leak when laid on their side. I have very very good luck with my ijoy limitless plus, but its the same design of most of the limitless series The 5 and 5s are different and im not sure on those
but the limitless series is pretty damn flavorful and in my experience as long as you can fill the wicking channels with cotton with out overstuffing your coils your in good shape. I can fit 11 wraps of 28/30 claptons at 4mm ID in mine

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if you mean RDTA as in the coil is on top the tank is underneath - All of them can leak its part of the design. You have to wick them just right so they dont leak when laid on their side. I have very very good luck with my ijoy limitless plus, but its the same design of most of the limitless series The 5 and 5s are different and im not sure on those
but the limitless series is pretty damn flavorful and in my experience as long as you can fill the wicking channels with cotton with out overstuffing your coils your in good shape. I can fit 11 wraps of 28/30 claptons at 4mm ID in mine
Yes, the classic is an updated version. It will leak if left on its side long enough. It has only done this once when I fell asleep and it fell sideways.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my pluses dont leak on their side if they are wicked right and the orings are in good shape

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Agree with all of that that Matt get the wicking right held my Merlin upside down for a minute while testing it not a drop :) don't get me wrong I wouldnt wanna leave it like this for hours though!

IMG_1107.JPG

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That merlin looks sweet! I have the limitless plus, skyhook and the azeroth. I'm using the limitless right now, but I'd like a better flavor chaser RDTA. I seriously don't think I'll be going back to an RDA and definitely not a tank ever again. Tanks ALWAYS leaked on me and I don't like refilling RDAs every 3-4 pulls. So now I'm considering the merlin or another aforementioned atty.
That's nice it comes with the 521 mini tab now. I have the v2 & v3 kit I think & no 521 mini tab :( just an ohm reader. Enjoy it!
I love my kit. So awesome!
Agree with all of that that Matt get the wicking right held my Merlin upside down for a minute while testing it not a drop :) don't get me wrong I wouldnt wanna leave it like this for hours though!

View attachment 87455

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The old Dairy Queen Blizzard test guarantee. Lol

Of course! These days never know who's gonna pick holes in it or say your a shill or a twat or something like that

Sadly legalese FTW lol

Note ....No animals were injured in the creation of this response

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Aromamizer series has been an awesome selection for me. Have the V1, 2 Supreme's, and limited edition Supreme. Looking to get a plus hopefully in the future.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The Aromamizer series has been an awesome selection for me. Have the V1, 2 Supreme's, and limited edition Supreme. Looking to get a plus hopefully in the future.
if you could access the deck without removing the tank from the mod first I would have bought a supreme v2 by now. just seems like a hassle

XX_Fallen_XX

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if you could access the deck without removing the tank from the mod first I would have bought a supreme v2 by now. just seems like a hassle
I agree it is a bit of a hassle compared to some other tanks but since I don't change out so often its not a big deal. Usually after a week (or two) I change the cotton and clean the coils. Yeah I should change it out more often but hey I got shit to do...

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
What about vapor production? Is there an RDTA that is close to TFV8/12?

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What about vapor production? Is there an RDTA that is close to TFV8/12?

Any RDTA can blow clouds like the V12, and as a bonus you will get better flavor. My limitless classic with a simple dual 6 wrap SS 2-26/38 fused clapton throws out tons of flavor and vapor and all I need to do is change the cotton every few days.

VU Sponsors