Become a Patron!

First RDA Assembly

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Posting pics of my first attempt at an assembly with a Fishbone Plus, using prebuilt Clapton coil with 26g kernel 32 g wrapped. I am hoping to get a smelting set up at home soon so I can make custom alloys and extrude my own wire and the do a 'real' build.
IMG_20170227_091534_01.jpg IMG_20170227_091555_01.jpg

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
IMG_20170227_092901_01.jpg I tried at first to create a gap in the coils but it was not going to fit within the inner chamber of the Fishbone design. after bringing back together working to keep the id of the wrap even I ended up at .44 ohm. as shown on the dry burn here the coil on the left was heating a little more evenly and quickly. this is a close to even as I could get.

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Finally this proud'Leftist' Texan used some store bought cotton that came with an RDA through the coils, soaked with a 70%vg juice. and assembled completely. Great flavor and no problems as of yet with build. Please feel free to give any constructive feedback on assembly, and ways to produce even better flavor.

Cheers!

IMG_20170227_092646_01.jpg IMG_20170227_092917_03.jpg

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not really a big deal but those excess wire tips at the posts bother my eye.
If you find it hard to reach them, a small pair of diagonal cutters will do the trick.

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not really a big deal but those excess wire tips at the posts bother my eye.
If you find it hard to reach them, a small pair of diagonal cutters will do the trick.

I was trying to get what I could, I have good small plyer set for adjusting but only had a standard wired cutter/stripper to get in and cut those, didn't think about trying the small dikes, thanks!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stated out with just a screwdriver, nail cutters and tweezers and as time passed I accumulated more/better tools.

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I stated out with just a screwdriver, nail cutters and tweezers and as time passed I accumulated more/better tools.

Yeah, I'm lucky and my wife is an industrial designer, and has all sorts of random small tools, for model building, jewelry design, etc. nice selection to go and 'borrow' ;)

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
O.P How many Watts are you Vaping at ?

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
O.P How many Watts are you Vaping at ?
I'm liking the flavor at about 38 to 38.5 still playing the exact in. Right now I am using on a Wismec Presa TC75 for a pocket device, I also should see about flavor using the curve mode on the Asmodus Minikin 2.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't see making the Clapton Coils myself using a drill and that stuff getting a little old for that. But it's good to see that your having success Vaping at 38 watts using the Dual Clapton Coils. I use a 75 w DNA Vapor Shark. I have a couple of RDA's. Im going to buy some pre-made Clapton coils. I heard they are great for flavor. 0.5 ohms to 0.7 should suffice for 40-45ws.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can't see making the Clapton Coils myself using a drill and that stuff getting a little old for that. But it's good to see that your having success Vaping at 38 watts using the Dual Clapton Coils. I use a 75 w DNA Vapor Shark. I have a couple of RDA's. Im going to buy some pre-made Clapton coils. I heard they are great for flavor. 0.5 ohms to 0.7 should suffice for 40-45ws.
Old fart??? Hell, you're just a pup... ;) :D Just kidding, what ever keeps you off the smokes is what works! Yup I make my own Claptons, fused Claptons, and staggered fused Claptons.

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Fishbone attempt 2: again had to close coil gap to fit chimney.
Clapton coil w/ 3.2 mm id.
.48 ohm
Shown burn test :
Wicked with cotton bacon bits (thanks @skt293 )
Saturated with VG

Now vaping POG (again thanks SKT) @34.2w
Wow I had forgot this flavor from childhood. I think it will be a nice occasional drip, can't see it as an all day vape.

I had one of the ceramic posts break while using after first build; maybe cracked it during build? Still good flavor an no leaking.

Comments and feedback appreciated!

Cheers!

IMG_20170301_203419.jpgIMG_20170301_204919.jpgIMG_20170301_205432.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors