Become a Patron!

First quad coil build-quite dissapointing.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

I today made a 0.3 quad coil 26 gauge build in my velocity, to use on my sigelei 150.

Even at full power, it produces less vapour than duals at 60 watts.

Think I may remove one coil, have it tricoil or remove the two bottom coils just to go back to duals.

Was an experiment, but a disappointing one. I don't see how it produces less vapour than duals at 60 at 150W, but it does. I know tricoils worked great before, with one in the middle sitting upward, so may go back to that set up, but today `i fancied some high powered fun.

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have two quad atties built and they both do fine .Maybe you could rebuild it and see if maybe it was a bad build. Try again all that it does is make you a better builder you know practice makes perfect. good luck with your next build.

yasaboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my velocity mini today, was interested in a quad build. How many wraps per coil did you use?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my velocity mini today, was interested in a quad build. How many wraps per coil did you use?
Ooh god I think it was around 11 around a 3MM driver? I used the steam engine calculators to get to that figure, using 26 Gauge kanthal. They are really helpful, especially for someone with memory problems like me.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have found that there are several ways this can be done effectively. Wicking can be a bit different and butt pain though.

IMG_0529.jpg IMG_0613 3.jpg IMG_0616.jpg

VU Sponsors