Become a Patron!

First Mech Mod.

Ok so, I've decided to dip my toe into the world of mechanical mods. I've just ordered a VGod Pro Mech Mod. Was on sale for 40 Euro and I reckoned it would be a safe bet to see if I enjoy it.

Anyway, I have a few questions that I would be really grateful is some of you more experienced mech vapors would help me out with...

What coils would you suggest for quick ramp up time and what sort of Ohms should I be looking at? Is simple round wire the best way to go rather then the more complex coils? I have a number of both single & dual coil RDA's, which tend to work best with a single 18650 mod?

Also, I have a stack of Samsung 25R batteries (all double wrapped), would these be okay to use? If no, what would you suggest?

Thanks!

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why? and "Ewwwww."

Mechs are what you buy to survive the Zombie Apocalypse.. I've 2 NC and a DS-style. You have to have-had experience with ohms-law, with regulated, with kanthal, ni80 and SS. They are the "FTW/Thumb-yer-nose" alternative to all things stock-coil, regulated, and regulations.

I've about.. 6? 8? pairs of 25R's - All of them cycle thru the vt133's, (the gbox died). I've two pair of VTC5a's - those cycle thru the DS-style.

25amp min; 30amp max.. On the crickets, I have to build over 1ohm.. On the ds-style it's about .2-.3ohm. Two to 3mm ID, and no coil can be more than 5 turns. (wanna' know why? well, you will). Usually simple coils - otherwise, fewer turns and 'complex wire', (which will usually fire slower).

I'd have recommended a Pico-squeeze or DS-style (squonk), or the NC and NCv2. Only RDA I use are RSA's, and the only Tanks I use anymore are single-coil: OBS engine Nano and Elfy. (Boreas v2 tastes fine, but low capacity and - dual.. Singles will work most anywhere).

ANY tank or RSA I build will fire on the DNA200 or the YIHI - and they definitely start there before I transfer them to a mech.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For me, personally, on a single battery mech nothing beats a dual coil .11 ohms build that's Nichrome 80 aliens at 4.5 wraps, 2.5mm inner diameter, 27g for the 3 core wires and 36g for the alien wrap wire. The best battery for that right now is the Samsung 20S, which is a true 30A battery. Technically speaking I shouldn't be recommending this to those who are still new to using a mech, as it is considered "too dangerous" (for those people anyway), but the reality is that you don't have to worry as long as you take proper care to not let the battery get overheated under any circumstance. That is, in addition to all the usual other safety guidelines. Familiarize yourself with how fast this particular battery heats up with that particular coil build taking also carefully into account the duration of the pulls and of the waiting time in between them, never let the button get pressed by accident, and never let a stuck button go unnoticed. Familiarize yourself with and understand the mechanics of your mod including how to immediately and safely stop if from auto-firing in the rare event that it does that. (With the VGOD Pro, simply unscrewing the button housing from the bottom of the actual tube would immediately safely stop the mod from auto-firing.) If you do all that, I can guarantee it will be safer than walking across the street at noon.

As for what RDA you should pick. Right now I'm using the CSMNT with the Shawty cap on it, using the One drip tip by District F5VE.

ronin.jpg
Ronin NYC.jpg
Shawty caps.jpg
murdered out.jpg

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use dual coil and they're triple core 28ga/36ga 316L fused clapton 5 wraps 3mm id with my mech. Comes out to .13 ohms but my mech uses 21700 batteries

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You will probably find that on a single cell, staying within your batteries CDR limit, that a single coil is going to give a better vape.

VU Sponsors