Become a Patron!

First impressions - Wismec Trough

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So Wismec sent me a new tank to review. I’ll give my honest first impressions.

The material of the mesh is kanthal. It is filled with 30% Wood Pulp Cotton + 70% Organic Cotton. The tank has EFVP Technology. When I got the tank I had no idea what material the coils were. It does not mention anything. It also mentioned EVVP technology. Whaaat? So okay. One thing about Wismec. If you contact them and ask a question they answer quickly. So I found out what the heck was going on.

EFVP-Environment-friendly Vacuum Plating to ensure better color durability and excellent texture.
It is available in four colors. The TROUGH looks stylish , and according to Wismec adopts an innovative technology —Environment-friendly Vacuum Plating to ensure better color durability and excellent texture. It has a precision machining technique, that Wismec carefully carved every detail.

Well that was Wismec’s answer. In truth the tank is pretty nicely machined and looks good. You have to use the bubble though. If you use 2ml of liquid you will be filling constantly. I used both coils and found my sweet spot between 40-50 watts depending on how warm a vape you want. I had no dry hits at all. And yes the mesh coils deliver really good flavour.

Thankfully it is a secure slide top fill. It has a nice silicone seal and does not pop open easily. I really do prefer slide top.

I was trying hard to find a fault with the vape quality. But it capes really well. I put in my Vsticking - it says its a 30 mm tank. Well it is not 30mm at the base. You will see in the picture I have room to spare on the Vsticking. The bubble glass makes it wider. Also it is very airy. I found myself shutting down the airflow to 1/3 open. But I like to vape at 46 watts. If you want to max out the suggested watts, you would open up the AFC and go to around 70 with the WT02 coil. I stuck primarily with the WT01 coil. There are a few different available coils but I had just the two to test.

So it looks decent. It capes really well. I must say I am enjoying the tank and I’m a RTA guy. But the convenience of a good vape with a decent coil is quite appealing.

67KaG35.jpg

VnisA2Q.png

3kT3Ueg.png

Overview

Brand-new WT Mesh Coils
Quick Sliding Top Filling & 360° Diversion E-liquid Leading System
Super Large Airflow Slot & Adjustable Airflow Control
Optional 6.5ml/2ml E-juice Capacity

It comes with
1x Trough Atomizer
1x WT01 Single 0.35ohm Head
1x WT02 Dual 0.2ohm Head
1x Spare Parts
1x User Manual

Parameters
Size: 30x 50mm
Capacity: 6.5ml/2ml
Coil type: WTO1 Single 0.35ohm(30-50W) / WTO2 Dual 0.2ohm(30-70W) /WTO3 Triple 0.15ohm(50-90W)
Weight: 61.5g
Drip Tip: 810
Thread: 510

Cons

Do you TC? You cannot TC with these coils. They are Kanthal. And they should have mentioned it. Also you will not get a restricted direct lung hit. Even at 1/3 open this is a very airy tank.

Pros
Well machined and very good coils for you power mode guys. Just don’t get it to blow massive clouds. Stay around 50 watts and it is a great tank. It has a very nice finish and is quite enjoyable overall

http://www.wismec.com/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors