Become a Patron!

First fasttech experience/observations and questions

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I ordered a mech mod and a spool of wire from fasttech and it shipped this morning. First observation is that they included a photo of the package on the status update page. I can see my info clearly, but there's a box that I guess shows the contents of the package. I can only make out the words "replacement" and "parts". I assume they listed it as that to prevent any flags going through customs.

Anyway, since it shipped this morning, and the tracking info hasn't updated, assuming everything goes smoothly, about how long of a wait can/should I expect it to show up?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
That depends... how was it shipped? Which carrier? ePacket is the fastest and always recommended to upgrade to that for a buck or so more.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I ordered a mech mod and a spool of wire from fasttech and it shipped this morning. First observation is that they included a photo of the package on the status update page. I can see my info clearly, but there's a box that I guess shows the contents of the package. I can only make out the words "replacement" and "parts". I assume they listed it as that to prevent any flags going through customs.

Anyway, since it shipped this morning, and the tracking info hasn't updated, assuming everything goes smoothly, about how long of a wait can/should I expect it to show up?

My recent experiences have been about a week before it gets through customs and heads for the US and another week or less to get to me. I'm in NC. Fastest has been 9 days and 14 to 17 days is typical. A year or two ago it was taking 3 to 6 weeks, much improved. I don't pay extra for epacket yet they usually ship it that way anyhow, it's usually the cheapest way for them to ship. If something isn't in stock can take longer (add the "Ships in X days"). I've ordered from them well over a dozen times and a few times for everything in stock they've shipped a day or two after my order.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

General rule of thumb when ordering from any Chinese Merchant.
2-3 weeks from order date to delivery.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm in Canada. I almost always buy the cheapest shipping upgrade. With it it takes on average ~3 weeks. Without it 6-8 weeks. I've never had a problem with FT.

Good luck with it :)

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've only ordered from them a couple times. Both times I got photos of my packages on their way out. Not entirely sure of the process, but I think it takes awhile to be picked up and processed in China, the actual shipping across the ocean, another customs delay in the U.S. and then shipped to me. First time took awhile, something like 6 weeks or longer but I ordered during Chinese New Year which caused further delay (knew it would). The last time it took around 3-4 weeks to get to the midwestern U.S. Used epacket both times. Both orders arrived complete, packaged well enough nothing was broken or damaged so hard to complain. Not when for like $25-30 I got 3 rda's and a pair of wire cutters.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
they always out random part or something on the back age because customs will not release it if it's a battery, or mod. Just the way it goes. I've purchased from Fasttech since 2009 never an issue. most of there stuff is just cheap shit but some of it is good. I ordered a vape item 2 weeks ago and it's still hasn't shipped but I know it will eventually. no rush.

Cloud Chasing

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As soon as it ships, it takes about a week to get to me. The tracking data shows it in China for a few days, then suddenly it's in Chicago and another day or two to get to me. I always choose the epackage shipping ePacket option, which has thus far always been a free upgrade. The first time I ordered from them, I went with the regular free shipping option and it took a couple of weeks to get here.

My last order shipped on August 31st and was received by me on September 6th.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As soon as it ships, it takes about a week to get to me. The tracking data shows it in China for a few days, then suddenly it's in Chicago and another day or two to get to me. I always choose the epackage shipping ePacket option, which has thus far always been a free upgrade. The first time I ordered from them, I went with the regular free shipping option and it took a couple of weeks to get here.

My last order shipped on August 31st and was received by me on September 6th.
That is because Chicago is a major postal hub port.If I recall correctly the others are Houston/Oakland/NYC

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I use ft for everything I'm not in a hurry for. Takes 15-18 days. Never an issue.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use ft for everything I'm not in a hurry for. Takes 15-18 days. Never an issue.
I've only had 1 order go wrong.
Namely a drip-tip.Can't remember how much I spent on it but they finally refunded my money 2 years later.The very next week the cleaning crew decided to polish up the lobby and a small package fell out of the lobby desk.Guess what it was...Yep my drip-tip!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is because Chicago is a major postal hub port.If I recall correctly the others are Houston/Oakland/NYC
Don't forget Miami, I've had a lot of FT stuff end up there for a few days too.
Fastest I've ever gotten anything from them was a week for juice bottles - still dunno how that happened, was quite shocking - LOL!! Most of the time I have my orders in about three weeks or less. Their pre-order items can be quite frustrating. Sometimes it takes quite a bit longer than their predicted "ships in X days" and then the three weeks or so to get to me. A tank I ordered on August 1st has gone from "ships in X days" to simply "pre-order" four or five times since I ordered and paid for it. And another tank went from "ships in X days" to "in stock" and then back to "ships in X days." It can get frustrating, but sometimes the massive savings are worth the wait.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've only had 1 order go wrong.
Namely a drip-tip.Can't remember how much I spent on it but they finally refunded my money 2 years later.The very next week the cleaning crew decided to polish up the lobby and a small package fell out of the lobby desk.Guess what it was...Yep my drip-tip!

The only problem I've had is with a drip-tip, too. I ordered one that was red, to match a tank and my mod. I received a purple one. Because it was still usable in their eyes, they refunded $1 (it cost $3) and called it a day. Wasn't terribly happy about it but whatevs. No problems with the more important stuff.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't forget Miami, I've had a lot of FT stuff end up there for a few days too.
Fastest I've ever gotten anything from them was a week for juice bottles - still dunno how that happened, was quite shocking - LOL!! Most of the time I have my orders in about three weeks or less. Their pre-order items can be quite frustrating. Sometimes it takes quite a bit longer than their predicted "ships in X days" and then the three weeks or so to get to me. A tank I ordered on August 1st has gone from "ships in X days" to simply "pre-order" four or five times since I ordered and paid for it. And another tank went from "ships in X days" to "in stock" and then back to "ships in X days." It can get frustrating, but sometimes the massive savings are worth the wait.

Sometimes it goes the other way, though. I ordered a couple of things recently that weren't supposed to ship until Sept. 8th, but they shipped on the 2nd. :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes it goes the other way, though. I ordered a couple of things recently that weren't supposed to ship until Sept. 8th, but they shipped on the 2nd. :)
That would certainly be nice!
It's just been here recently that I've experienced any difficulties at all. My very first order from them was back in February of 2015 for an eGo battery. After a month it still wasn't showing as shipped, so I canceled for store credit. It was then that I learned that ordering batteries of any kind from China is a bad idea. ;) ...Eve.r since, it's been smooth as silk on all transactions and deliveries till a couple months ago. And even then, it was mainly issues with what I ordered versus what I received. Like the set of five expansion tanks for my TFV8; the description read "random colors." And even the picture in the listing showed five random colors. What I received was five white tank expansions, no color to it...and all white, which become clear after liquid is added. They offered me one colored tank after they became "available." Then not long after that I ordered a couple of what was advertised as a chalcedony drip tip. Since actual chalcedony is a stone/mineral type substance, I thought they'd be quite lovely as drip tips and spent near ten bucks on two of them. Much to my chagrin what I actually received was two white resin drip tips. I'm no geologist by a long shot, but I know resin from stone. And now I'm still waiting on a pre-ordered tank that I ordered on August 1. And another tank ordered on August 26 but the projected availability date has changed three times. I'm just gonna have to start being a bit more choosy and pay the extra bucks to get some things from US vendors, I suppose.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
"Your item has been processed through a facility in BEIJING EMS, CHINA at 11:37 pm on September 9, 2017."

I've had this status for 6 days now. I'm really hoping that it didn't go through Miami and had issues due to Harvey and Irma.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"Your item has been processed through a facility in BEIJING EMS, CHINA at 11:37 pm on September 9, 2017."

I've had this status for 6 days now. I'm really hoping that it didn't go through Miami and had issues due to Harvey and Irma.

It stays like that and then suddenly, it'll be in your local-ish hub, if not on the way to your house. lol

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the words of relief. I also ordered something from coil master and I think I'll be going through the same situation. Whenever I order anything I keep tabs on tracking like a hawk because I'm always nervous about tossing my money out to the world and then having to wait. I'm afraid if something happens I won't be able to get my money back, or someone will see the mail carrier put it in the mailbox and steal it, or grab it from my porch.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Pretty sure they just throw everything into a big bin and mark it as shipped, once the bin is full they drop it off at a post office... Once the post office scans it your tracking updates..

Usually takes 1 day sometimes 2...

Edit* Here's a current fasttech order...

SExFCM0.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors