Become a Patron!

First Build; Critique Welcome!

dustmite

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After watching hours of videos, and much research, I decided to take the plunge. I intended to start with an RDA, but found the Dead Rabbit RTA on sale locally, so I picked one up. Seems to be wicking fine, but I think I may have gone a little light on the cotton. Winding the coils was surprisingly easy, though! I used Geekvape Kanthal Clapton wire. It came out at 0.40 ohms. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Wohh1ZH.jpg

gfSgdt8.jpg

zWtiRN8.jpg

qsPy99z.jpg

Gh4OjHS.jpg

bZv1Vf4.jpg

I forgot to take pics of the dry wicks, though...

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks great!
I would’ve pulsed the coils a bit... other than that I think you did a better job than me installing new coils!
Looking sweet, how does it vape?

dustmite

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks great!
I would’ve pulsed the coils a bit... other than that I think you did a better job than me installing new coils!
Looking sweet, how does it vape?
I actually did. I got a nice even glow all the way across both coils. Been vaping it over an hour now, and it seems to be doing fine!

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh .. the wetted wick picture didn’t look like it was pulsed since usually you see some patina on the coils.. good job man! I might need to grab one of those RDAs..

Note. I know your using the RTA

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
After watching hours of videos, and much research, I decided to take the plunge. I intended to start with an RDA, but found the Dead Rabbit RTA on sale locally, so I picked one up. Seems to be wicking fine, but I think I may have gone a little light on the cotton. Winding the coils was surprisingly easy, though! I used Geekvape Kanthal Clapton wire. It came out at 0.40 ohms. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Wohh1ZH.jpg

gfSgdt8.jpg

zWtiRN8.jpg

qsPy99z.jpg

Gh4OjHS.jpg

bZv1Vf4.jpg

I forgot to take pics of the dry wicks, though...
Looks like your making great decisions on gear and did a great job 1st time around.
Well done ! :bunny:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Looks like a clean job to me dude. Maybe @CrazyChef v2.0 can show you what a first coil build can sometimes look like. If thats your first you should be a boss in no time.
:giggle: I remember that birds nest of a first chef posted

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
:giggle: I remember that birds nest of a first chef posted

And now look at him, Chef makes pretty coils. Probably going to be a short leap for this young grasshopper.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
And now look at him, Chef makes pretty coils. Probably going to be a short leap for this young grasshopper.
Yes and yes.
Thought he might drop by and show first and now. Inspiration.

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is only through failure that we can appreciate our triumphs . We all fail at first . You will get better in time , if this build is a window into the future , you are kicking ass . Keep at it , you are doing well .

VU Sponsors