Become a Patron!

Feeling irritable.

Hi. New to this and need advice please. I been smoking 35 years last 5 years pack to pack half a day. Starting vaping 2.5 weeks ago. 2 weeks later I am feeling shakie and irritable at nearly all times. Is this withdrawal and if so why when I am having nicotine. Im on 24mg as still craved on 18mg so after week went to 24mg. Was fine for 3 days no prob no withdrawal. Best thing on the world until 3 days ago I am now feeling like this. Is this normal as I dont want to smoke again. I have tried going back to 18mg but no better . Please help.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It gets easier as time goes on. I vaped and smoked 3 cigs a day for several months. I also had tanks with different nicotine levels in each. Sometimes I felt I need a extra shot of nicotine, and sometimes I just wanted something to do with my hands to keep them busy. Good luck, we are all pulling for you.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your body can go through some changes when you quit cigs. Sounds like the 24mg is what is working best for the moment. I'd suggest sticking with that for now. Maybe vape for longer sessions just to keep the cig cravings to a minimum. If you feel you need to smoke a cig, do so. Don't beat yourself up. It comes to people differently, but you will make it.

Thanks for replying. Good I think as im not going mad to no that this may be normal. I do vape sometimes when I dont really have to as I think to try and see if it makes me feel less irritable or shakie. Don't know if it does.could I also be withdrawing of other things besides the nicotine in real cigs. Is it also my mine playing tricks to try and make me think I need the cigerttes again. I seem to be focusing on how bad I feel but dont no how to change mine set yet.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi ledighmac! Welcome to VU. I went through a lot of rough changes over the course of first starting to vape. It took me 3 or 4 weeks to completely put cigarettes down, so as Merc mentioned, don't beat yourself up if you do smoke. I did that enough for both of us when I couldn't put them down. Cigarettes have sooooo many other things in them. When we attempt to quit, it's not just the nic our bodies have to adjust to. We adjust to not having all of the stuff going into our bodies anymore. Part of this is the healing process, to. It sucks, yep. I had trouble sleeping, concentrating, body changes that are embarrassing to mention, lol. Lots of things. Irritability, hell yes.

But....you have us. Stay hydrated. Very important. When you crave a smoke, try to vape through that. If you light up, don't sweat it. Just keep the vae handy, too. I also went from 18 to 24. Very soon after that switch, I landed back at 18. I'm now at about 9 or 10mg, depends on what I mix. I did that slowly, though. It's been a little over 2 years now. I never thought I'd be able to stop smoking. I smoked for 30 years.

You will get beyond that tough point, too. It's all pretty normal, though it sure as hell doesn't feel that way when you're going through it. That's what smoking did to us. Now we're un-doing it, one day at a time.

So glad you're here!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You went from a whole lotta nic and chemicals to less nic and chemicals when you cut your consumption of smokes to your current level. You are feeling crappy because your body is slowly eliminating all the crap from cigarettes, the stuff that keeps you hooked - the "Flavor additives" which are molecules cooked up in big tobacco chemistry labs designed to keep you wanting another cigarette. You are starting to go through withdrawal. Simply continue to smoke a few when needed, but make the decision to vape and then consciously cut back on the smokes until you are vaping 100%. It will take time, but you will get there. A B Complex vitamin and vitamin C will help with the crappy feelings. Drink more water (not coffee or soda). It will help flush a lot of stuff out of your system.

KaoticKronos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pulling for you, leighmac. I've been hopping back and forth between my pen and my pack. My first day without my pack was my irritable day and I went right back to my pack. Keep the fight up.

VU Sponsors