Become a Patron!

"Feeler post" if allowed

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Remove if this isn't allowed. I got hammered on a FB page for putting up this "feeler post" so if it's not allowed here either, forgive me.
Now the point. Just trying to get an idea if anyone would be interested in one of my vamo "rat mods" before I go buying parts to build more. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405455204.197403.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405455223.913173.jpg
Future builds will be smaller, ;) but similar style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking with material and time involved (not paying myself a large hourly wage!) I could sell for around $70...
I know you can buy a comparable mass produced thing for less, so I don't know if folks would interested just because they're more "artistic"..

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
$70 for a box mod that is totally unique, or $70 for a clone of a clone of a clone? Yeah, people will buy these. What chipset are you running?

Gonzi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks good! I wish you luck, I feel we need more artistic devices out there

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely. I was expecting you to say a higher price. People will always want something less common and unique regardless of what's out there cheaper in mass production

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Id definitely like to know the specs on these, I may be very interested.

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This one takes an 18650, has a vamo v5 chip (clone I guess) chi you style 510, so there's a nice floating center pin, for easy, flush mounts. I've only put one outside switch and no window for the led screen. Here's my reasoning: 1. I just don't really like led screens. 2. I don't like fiddling around with buttons. Set the wattage you want, leave it alone. 3. It's wicked easy to open this thing up, so using the buttons on the chip itself is easy too.
This chip goes to 15 watts, which isn't what a lot of people seem to be going for these days, but is more than enough for me, and I don't have the money to mess around with dna chips! Of course, they would also make a mod way more expensive
So the point was to build something that worked, vv/vw that looks more mech, and could still be, in my world, rather affordable. I'm not trying to make this my job, just to make it worth building, and justifying to my wife why I'm wanting to order more parts to play with!

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i like it and would seriously consider one. it'll make one stand out fro the crowd... good work!!!! Just a thought, if a dna chip was provided to you would you be able to make it work in your box?

TowerOfVape

RISH of Passage
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
This is more of a "Co-op" or "Group Buy" type of post @doghead, so I moved it to this sub-forum - R

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i like it and would seriously consider one. it'll make one stand out fro the crowd... good work!!!! Just a thought, if a dna chip was provided to you would you be able to make it work in your box?
The only problem I'd have with that, and another reason I've stayed away from them is that I hear they're really easy to break! Or at least rip the screen off! Then, I'd be in a situation where, I broke your chip, and now owe you one. Perhaps I could furnish a box for you to install it in? Idk.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats very nice , you have something unique here , i don't mind if it's bigger and bulkier , as long as it's solid , more tank like is a plus imo.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This one takes an 18650, has a vamo v5 chip (clone I guess) chi you style 510, so there's a nice floating center pin, for easy, flush mounts. I've only put one outside switch and no window for the led screen. Here's my reasoning: 1. I just don't really like led screens. 2. I don't like fiddling around with buttons. Set the wattage you want, leave it alone. 3. It's wicked easy to open this thing up, so using the buttons on the chip itself is easy too.
This chip goes to 15 watts, which isn't what a lot of people seem to be going for these days, but is more than enough for me, and I don't have the money to mess around with dna chips! Of course, they would also make a mod way more expensive
So the point was to build something that worked, vv/vw that looks more mech, and could still be, in my world, rather affordable. I'm not trying to make this my job, just to make it worth building, and justifying to my wife why I'm wanting to order more parts to play with!

If you were sent a different chip would you build one to order. For a higher price, of course?

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
^kinda the same issue I addressed earlier. I'm a bit uncomfortable with the chance of messing up your chip and owing you a new one!
What kind of chip do you want?

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love this forum!!!!
So nice to be able to see folks like doghead being able to openly display his awesome creation and not get a ration of shit for doing so.
Good looking contraption you got there doghead.

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love this forum!!!!
So nice to be able to see folks like doghead being able to openly display his awesome creation and not get a ration of shit for doing so.
Good looking contraption you got there doghead.
Thank you! Very nice! And yes, I agree, this forum is awesome! Anywhere else, my humble inquire would have been shut down with a quickness.
Again, thank you. I put a lot of time and care into this junky looking build, because I like odd, different, and that's just the only way I know how to do things. It's nice to feel some appreciation, rather than the critics elsewhere who want 6 bats, a USB charger, and chip in a matchbox sized, plain ol' aluminum box!
Poor boys got poor ways! And really, that's how I like it.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only problem I'd have with that, and another reason I've stayed away from them is that I hear they're really easy to break! Or at least rip the screen off! Then, I'd be in a situation where, I broke your chip, and now owe you one. Perhaps I could furnish a box for you to install it in? Idk.

I would have clue on how to furnish it, altho im sure i could learn. I would still be interested in your creation. I love the wood look and more the hinge you used. I mean i used one of the clones now and RARELY go above 15w so a bigger chip wouldn't be a necessity. Keep in touch and let me know what your gonna do with these....be good and vape on!!!

NitroBex

The Cloud Chasing Geek
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
@doghead remind me to beat Rich when I see him next time... Welcome to Custom Mod Producers, new home for your post =)

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Move it wherever you like! I'm just glad to find a forum that will take me! ;)

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ordered parts today. Hope at least 5 of you are seriously interested! :D

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
I actually really like the Vamo chip for certain applications. From my experience with it, it's a reliable workhorse. I dig the look as well.

My personal preference is to have buttons and led shown. I don't set and forget with wattage. Some things I like at one wattage, others another. Actually my vamo is almost always the first device I use. Crank down the wattage to get some nice easy vapes with the morning joe. Then ramp it up on the ride in to work or as day goes on.

At your price point I think you will have absolutely no problem moving that size batches. Though if I was your marketing team, I'd remind you that a serial number doubles the value of the mod (kidding... sort of). GL with the project!

Timmy

Member For 4 Years
the only thing i hate is that i don't know how to make them myself. you can always start with small orders and with your profits buy new material and just keep it going

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The first refined batch of 5 is underway! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406331317.702957.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406331333.752717.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406331347.369351.jpg
The small hole is for a special surprise to these rats...
Still waiting for parts. A couple weeks from now you should see new updates.

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
#1 in mock up. No guts yet. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407979612.683320.jpg

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bolts will be ground down after final assembly, and the spike is just a spike, no function. :)

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still waiting on the slow boat for parts...

Almost a year smoke free

doghead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408677778.310448.jpg
Gang, still waiting for their guts to arrive.

VU Sponsors